Eastern Westmoreland County

Eastern Westmoreland County

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

Cash Please

Latrobe, PA

#1 Sep 19, 2012
I am currently job hunting. I really despise when you look in the want ads and the ads do not state a general vicinity of the location on the position being hired for. It is a waste of my time and the cost of postage for me to send a resume to a place that is too far away considering the cost of gas, postage and low paying wages.

Also... because I am somewhat geographically handicapped... where would you consider Eastern Westmoreland County to be (what cities/towns).

Thanks for the help.
Lots and Lots

Assumption, IL

#2 Sep 19, 2012
Cash Please wrote:
I am currently job hunting. I really despise when you look in the want ads and the ads do not state a general vicinity of the location on the position being hired for. It is a waste of my time and the cost of postage for me to send a resume to a place that is too far away considering the cost of gas, postage and low paying wages.
Also... because I am somewhat geographically handicapped... where would you consider Eastern Westmoreland County to be (what cities/towns).
Thanks for the help.
Draw a line up and down at Greensburg & it would be the points East,,,,county ends about 7 miles past Ligonier at the summit.

NE Westmoreland line is Bolivar and SE is Donegal / Jones Mills.
MrD

Irwin, PA

#3 Sep 19, 2012
what type of job are you looking for?
the real big nose knows

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Sep 19, 2012
I'd say that Latrobe and anything east of it definitely counts as Eastern Westmoreland county.

Although Greensburg isn't technically in the center, it is considered the center of the county.
Cash Please

Latrobe, PA

#5 Sep 21, 2012
MrD wrote:
what type of job are you looking for?
Administrative type positions, some sales or accounting would be ok. I am searching for the needle in the haystack though cause I have kids and unless I earn enough to pay for before and after school care... I need to be able to work a flexible schedule.

Thanks for helping out!
Hospitality Positions

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Sep 21, 2012
Cash Please wrote:
Administrative type positions, some sales or accounting would be ok. I am searching for the needle in the haystack though cause I have kids and unless I earn enough to pay for before and after school care... I need to be able to work a flexible schedule.
Thanks for helping out!
You might want to take a work shift from 2-10 or something like that, so your childcare is bundled with after school programs and care. You'd at least be able to spend mornings with your kids -- but, you would miss all of their evening activities.

It's just a thought for you to look into hotel positions -- very flexible scheduling, in general. The places are always open, and there are always managers on duty, so the line employees are free to request more flexible schedules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trash 25 min MR DERITO 6
John Pape (Bucky) 16 hr Papealison7 1
News Derry Township residents not supportive of trai... (Jun '11) Sun Tom 52
Jioios mold problem Fri cry a river 3
News Westmoreland drug sting ends with 14 in custody (Dec '10) Fri Ness 38
Jeff Ruffner Jan 19 pitts 7
How much Gold has William Devane bought from Ro... (Aug '13) Jan 18 Mcg 70

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance