hunny*, sorry auto correct on this iPhone failsI maybe single but please don't call me baby. I'm nobodies gunny just yet.
#147 Mar 1, 2013
#148 Mar 2, 2013
If ya really want to help Latrobe, here's a plan:
1) research Pittsbrugh philathopies (non-profit foundations)
2) find out how much each is worth, and what they genreally are committed to funding
3) contact her fund and ask if you can volunteer, even if it's a day a month at five different foundations
4) go into Pittsburgh to volunteer once a week to each place. Learn who the big players are, become friendly with them.
5) find out who sits on their Board of Directors and who intially receives the grant applications. Become friendly with that person.
6) Start to TALK to a variety of everyday people in Latrobe. Talk to the elderly, the young indigent single mothers, the people who wear nice clothes, the employees in the stores. Ask QUESTIONS about what they think and believe.
6) Although this might be terribly painful -- Rea the Latrobe Bulletin. Sorry, it has to be done, it has a little information. Read the Pittsbrugh Press and Pittsburgh edition and GReensburgh edition of the Tribune Review.
7) Read the Wall Street Journal and Washington Post
8) Read about other small towns REVITILIZATIONS. There are ENDLESS websites on the internet about ENDLESS other small towns have turned themsevels around.
9) Travel to those small towns for your summer weekend vacations
10) Five year from now, you'll be ready to function independent of all of the KNUCKLEHEADS in Latrobe to carry out some of your own projects.
Then, you will begin to CHANGE LATROBE.
#150 Mar 24, 2013
The best way to get started is with a great breakfast from McDonald's. Try 3 Golden Hotcakes for just a buck ! Most McDonald's open at 5 A.M.
#151 Mar 30, 2013
the only thing good at mcdonalds is the hotcakes.
Add your comments below
|Plumbing service (Mar '13)||16 hr||jam that in your ...||36|
|Lloydsville firemans club (Apr '14)||Jan 25||Club1||5|
|What's going on with Sleepy Hollow (Mar '14)||Jan 25||LOL||145|
|the dog bar (Apr '12)||Jan 24||the dog catcher||13|
|Latrobe Visitor's Center||Jan 24||Latrobe guy||4|
Find what you want!
Search Latrobe Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC