Are you satified with Latrobe's city ...

Are you satified with Latrobe's city manager?

Created by Back to the Future on Oct 5, 2012

293 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
CBD central biz dist

Carlisle, PA

#183 Feb 15, 2013
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By voting for Obama. He even sunk the Titanic.
Don't you know anything???
NO! NOT YOU! Redneck.

Did the zombies get to you!

Since: Jan 11

#184 Feb 16, 2013
CBD central biz dist wrote:
A mysterious arson fire took place and burned the entire block of Sun Drug and the Opera house. Did that arsonist ever get caught?
Did the Sun Drug building burn down? I don't remember that. The empty Lowenstein's building burned some year before, if I recall correctly.
Then, another mysterious arson took place against the Miller Hotel, and burned down that block, right at the time of Latrobe's first round of revitilization.
In what year did the Miller Hotel burn? I don't really even remember it. I'm guessing it must have been either empty or else a flophouse when that happened and not a working hotel.
and the MASSIVLEY UGLY 1-story Dahar building and Smith Mears law buildings were erected, when multi-story "tall" buildings should have been designed.
I'm sure that corner would be an empty lot more than thirty years later if those (admittedly ugly) buildings hadn't been built. Nice buildings don't build themselves and over the past forty years there's been very close to zero need for the additional office space on upper floors in downtown Latrobe.
All over the United States at this time, new buildings were designed to "fit" with older structures, that's why many towns look lovely and Latrobe looks like shit.
Then, the entire block of Spring to Weldon between Jefferson and Ligonier was razed, and up went the BUTT UGLY parking garage and that little mini-mall, once story, that guess what? looks like shit!
Around this time, Greengate Mall was built--people went wild to shop there! It was new, it was a mall, it was magnifico.
Both your time line and your logic are all over the board. You're not making any sense. But more importantly, you fail to understand that in order for commercial buildings to be built, there needs to be some COMMERCE first. It's seldom the other way around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much Gold has William Devane bought from Ro... (Aug '13) 4 hr Bronco Billy 79
25 year old girl found dead in Dr's home (Sep '12) 9 hr Anonymous 297
Unity Township Supervisor John Milan Guaranteed... (May '17) 17 hr bob 8
Ronnie Cable, what happened and who did it? 22 hr Inquiring mind 1
Battaglia's Restaurant /Bar Mon Eagles in plans 1
News Crane Operator Dies On Job At Latrobe Specialty... (May '08) Feb 18 Hehaw 25
Best football player? Best team? (Dec '12) Feb 17 Jon Demao 32

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Latrobe Mortgages