Unity Township DOG RESCUE needs help ...

Unity Township DOG RESCUE needs help to re-home 50 dogs

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
big dogs need help

Greensburg, PA

#1 Dec 21, 2012
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/12/21/ove...

Jeannie, the rescue's owner, has to re-home 50+ dog in the next 10-days due to a court order.

She loves her dogs, and her dogs need help. If you want a large dog, she has them for adoption. There is information above in the link, an embedded video from tonight's KDKA news, etc.
Loki

New York, NY

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Anyone know where this place is. Saw it on the news today. I'm sure she initially ment well but thats just way to many animals for the amount of property involved.

ArtGal

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#3 Dec 22, 2012
It's on 982, on the left... near Quarry Road. Probably a half a mile before Glengarry Golf Course.

Since: Jan 11

#4 Dec 22, 2012
How did this woman amass over 70 dogs? If I do a search for something like Unity Township Dog Rescue, all that comes up are the recent news stories. Would someone just have to know that she exists, or does she pick up strays along the side of the road?

Is it any wonder that the dogs just keep piling up and that nobody is adopting them?
big dogs need help

Greensburg, PA

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Loki wrote:
Anyone know where this place is. Saw it on the news today. I'm sure she initially ment well but thats just way to many animals for the amount of property involved.
There are contact numbers at the bottom of the KDKA news story.

And, she's on petfinder, under rot-ger-am. If you put in 15650 as your search area for dogs, hers will come up after all the Action for Animal pets.

She's devoted to the animals. But, now she and they need some help.
info for MOZ

Greensburg, PA

#6 Dec 22, 2012
Jim Moz wrote:
How did this woman amass over 70 dogs? If I do a search for something like Unity Township Dog Rescue, all that comes up are the recent news stories. Would someone just have to know that she exists, or does she pick up strays along the side of the road?
Is it any wonder that the dogs just keep piling up and that nobody is adopting them?
She's on petfiner under rot-ger-am and her dogs come up after Action for Animals when you do a 15650 search for dogs.

She's a licenses Rottweiler breeder, and she's very kindhearted.

Most of the dogs she takes in are big, big dogs and some need experienced handlers.
Loki

New York, NY

#7 Dec 22, 2012
Ok thanks she actually not far from my moms house. Will put the word out to some of tge recue folks I know to see if help can be found. I understand that this situation has to improve but it would have been nice if the 10 days given started on Jan 2 after the holidays.
What is your address

Cranberry Twp, PA

#8 Dec 24, 2012
info for MOZ wrote:
<quoted text>
She's on petfiner under rot-ger-am and her dogs come up after Action for Animals when you do a 15650 search for dogs.
She's a licenses Rottweiler breeder, and she's very kindhearted.
Most of the dogs she takes in are big, big dogs and some need experienced handlers.
What is your address or phone number.
I saw Santa on a flatbed

Greensburg, PA

#9 Dec 24, 2012
What is your address wrote:
What is your address or phone number.
The phone number and email address are at the end of the KDKA article listed in post # 1.

This rescue was never open to the public without an appointment.
Murphy

Annapolis, MD

#10 Dec 25, 2012
She should have been turned in along time ago before she had 70 dogs. Sorry that the neighbors has to put up with someone so inconsiderate for the community. Who wants those type of dogs in the neighborhood? Guess it will take someone getting bit by those dangerous dogs before they will be moved.
Caring For A Human Life I

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Dec 25, 2012
Yes it's a shame even though she was trying to help theses dog's. But the fact of the matter is some would lead you to believe this is very important. NOT!!!! If all the time spent on people's animals why not spend the time on suffering humans. The very poor, homless adults and childern. Some of the homeless choose to live this way. Others have no other choice. I know some people are lazy and want a free hand-out but others don't. So everyone feeling sorry for the anaimals should look at the senseless spending of large amounts of money saving them and redirect those $$resources. If you need to help with $$$ for animals why not look around our neighborhoods and find the really needy people and apply that money so they may live. Think about it!
crap

United States

#12 Dec 25, 2012
People ruin their own lives. There are always jobs they just aren't what people want. Children I get because they can't control their situation just like animals can't. People don't take care of their animals and leave them stranded, homeless, and starving. Some people pity them and take them in because It's not the animals fault just as it is not a child's fault their parents brought them into the world and they can't provide for them. I see homeless people who are on the street begging right down the road from the mall that has help wanted on their sign. People make their life. Animals and children are the victims of people being bad at life.
Dear Caring

Greensburg, PA

#14 Dec 25, 2012
Caring For A Human Life I wrote:
Yes it's a shame even though she was trying to help theses dog's. But the fact of the matter is some would lead you to believe this is very important. NOT!!!! If all the time spent on people's animals why not spend the time on suffering humans. The very poor, homless adults and childern. Some of the homeless choose to live this way. Others have no other choice. I know some people are lazy and want a free hand-out but others don't. So everyone feeling sorry for the anaimals should look at the senseless spending of large amounts of money saving them and redirect those $$resources. If you need to help with $$$ for animals why not look around our neighborhoods and find the really needy people and apply that money so they may live. Think about it!
Whenever anyone posts about a family or person in need, the Latrobe TOPIX Greek & Republican chorus comes out to sing, "People need to get jobs" and "They can work for their hand up" and "Why should my tax dollars go to lazy welfare bums" and "Look at all their bling, they don't need food stamps" and "there are no people in the world, only lazy people" to "everyone can work or let them live on the streets."

It's just easier to help dogs...and far more rewarding.
wow

Latrobe, PA

#15 Dec 26, 2012
Dear Caring wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever anyone posts about a family or person in need, the Latrobe TOPIX Greek & Republican chorus comes out to sing, "People need to get jobs" and "They can work for their hand up" and "Why should my tax dollars go to lazy welfare bums" and "Look at all their bling, they don't need food stamps" and "there are no people in the world, only lazy people" to "everyone can work or let them live on the streets."
It's just easier to help dogs...and far more rewarding.
I wouldn't expect you to go for anything BUT the easy route. It's your journey through life.
crap

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Dec 26, 2012
I don't think that everyone is just getting a hand out. There are people who need it. I get that, but when someone can stand outside all day begging, they can go to work. And did anyone see the photo of a guy going to a soup kitchen that Michelle Obama was serving at and he was so excited to be served by the first lady he took out his smart phone and took a picture. Hmmm....something is wrong here. That's why I can't really feel as bad for people. Animals can't speak for themselves or apply for help once their human owner throws them on the street. Animals are abused and a lot of them have such a sweet nature they just take it and hope to be shown love someday. So yeah I would rather help a starving animal then a guy with a sign asking for help on the side of the road who has a nicer coat then me and who checks his facebook app every ten minutes. Apologies. And I am not republican for your information... Just realistic.
big dogs need help

Greensburg, PA

#17 Dec 26, 2012
wow wrote:
I wouldn't expect you to go for anything BUT the easy route. It's your journey through life.
It's impossible to go through a mountain. Very difficult to go over it. And much easier and simpler to go around it.
Smh

Ardsley, NY

#18 Dec 26, 2012
Murphy wrote:
She should have been turned in along time ago before she had 70 dogs. Sorry that the neighbors has to put up with someone so inconsiderate for the community. Who wants those type of dogs in the neighborhood? Guess it will take someone getting bit by those dangerous dogs before they will be moved.
Dangerous?! Wow! F*ck you! It's people like you that she had AMASSED so many dogs. IGNORANT people that don't know how wonderful these dogs are and as$ holes that breed them over and over increasing the pet population because of their greed!
I'm a rottie owner and proud of it! You should be more afraid of me than my baby.
Tim

Latrobe, PA

#19 Dec 26, 2012
If Unity Twp only allows 12 dogs, how was this homeowner able to amass 78 dogs? The Twp surely could have done something before it got to this point. Laws on the books are useless if they are not enforced. Now the State has to be involved. Ridiculous! This woman should have been cited & fined by Unity Township long before now. Had that happened when she had 20 dogs, which is still an unbelievable number of dogs to have on a 1-acre piece of land in a residential area, SHE could have spared the 50+ dogs whose lives are now at stake. Sad but true.
Marriettas son

Greensburg, PA

#20 Dec 26, 2012
Tim wrote:
If Unity Twp only allows 12 dogs, how was this homeowner able to amass 78 dogs? The Twp surely could have done something before it got to this point. Laws on the books are useless if they are not enforced. Now the State has to be involved. Ridiculous! This woman should have been cited & fined by Unity Township long before now. Had that happened when she had 20 dogs, which is still an unbelievable number of dogs to have on a 1-acre piece of land in a residential area, SHE could have spared the 50+ dogs whose lives are now at stake. Sad but true.
She was allowed a certain amount as a homeowner, then she switched, legally, to a rescue. Then, the nasty neighbors bitched -- it is in a rural area. Each dog had a house and a kennel. They were clean. But, the neighbors did not like the barking. I have to admit, I don't like one dog barking.
big dogs need help

Greensburg, PA

#21 Dec 26, 2012
Smh wrote:
<quoted text>
Dangerous?! Wow! F*ck you! It's people like you that she had AMASSED so many dogs. IGNORANT people that don't know how wonderful these dogs are and as$ holes that breed them over and over increasing the pet population because of their greed!
I'm a rottie owner and proud of it! You should be more afraid of me than my baby.
She was a licensed breeder but took in dogs that faced being put down, too. all breeds, larger dogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Brewery 12 hr lat 38
pizza 16 hr Uncle George 9
Should Penn use discretion on tar and chip with... Sun lat 19
Spirit Airlines Latrobe (Aug '12) Aug 18 Red 40
News Man Hit By Vehicles While Searching For Phone (Feb '08) Aug 15 Uncle George 8
Patriots Aug 14 Uncle George 4
Best football player? Best team? (Dec '12) Aug 12 Flame Thrower 24

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Latrobe Mortgages