abby

Latrobe, PA

#1 Feb 28, 2013
another store that people lie is closingtheir oors.. ollar general n Derry is closing. wonder ha idiot thugt odoing that to the people who cant drive to getto another. what a creep
i hate welfare

Penfield, PA

#2 Feb 28, 2013
abby wrote:
another store that people lie is closingtheir oors.. ollar general n Derry is closing. wonder ha idiot thugt odoing that to the people who cant drive to getto another. what a creep
My god what does that say?
Boring

Latrobe, PA

#3 Feb 28, 2013
abby wrote:
Huh? What are you trying to say here?
Translator

Greensburg, PA

#4 Feb 28, 2013
Another store that people like is closing their doors. Dollar General in Derry is closing. Wonder what idiot thought doing that to the people who can't drive to get to another? What a creep.

(she always writes like that)
Boring

Latrobe, PA

#5 Feb 28, 2013
Translator wrote:
Another store that people like is closing their doors. Dollar General in Derry is closing. Wonder what idiot thought doing that to the people who can't drive to get to another? What a creep.
(she always writes like that)
Thanks!
abby

Latrobe, PA

#6 Feb 28, 2013
so what my comp.skips. want to buy me a new one?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7 Feb 28, 2013
It's getting moved to Kingston golf center.
Resident

Joplin, MO

#8 Feb 28, 2013
you can thank Jim Byers and Chuck Derito for that one!
Derry Res

Latrobe, PA

#9 Feb 28, 2013
They are building a new store in the twp just down from Cheif Dato's Near the Golf place. There is no where in town large enough to put it without spending thosands of buck buying homes and tearing them down. It's cheaper to build in the twp all open land.
Derry Res

Latrobe, PA

#10 Mar 1, 2013
Resident wrote:
At least they are no longer on council.
deleted taxpayer

Greensburg, PA

#11 Mar 1, 2013
Resident wrote:
I didnt know they were on the Corporate Board for Dollar Stores
Trank

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Mar 1, 2013
Speaking of closing, heard the city actually got L & L Quick Lube to sell. Supposedly took away their parking there. Another business gone. Wonder if it's true.
bad urban sprawl

Carlisle, PA

#13 Mar 1, 2013
Derry Res wrote:
They are building a new store in the twp just down from Cheif Dato's Near the Golf place. There is no where in town large enough to put it without spending thosands of buck buying homes and tearing them down. It's cheaper to build in the twp all open land.
Urban sprawl is exactly what you describe. Instead of keeping DOWNTWON Derry alive (not that it is), or instead of rebuilding DOWNTOWN Derry, farmland is being used when land already zoned commercial sits deteriorating.

This is why Latrobe -- died.
Derry is dead, but moving even a DOllar General outside of the city limits nails the coffin shut.

Too bad!

Stupid moron city leaders, all around! both places, for years and years and years.
NotBad

Latrobe, PA

#14 Mar 31, 2013
Derry isn't dead now.. I mean you can buy all the third hand junk you can imagine it the what 3 or 4 junk store in a row (sugar bears and the three store fronts next to it)

Since: Jan 11

#15 Mar 31, 2013
bad urban sprawl wrote:
Urban sprawl is exactly what you describe.
This is NOT urban sprawl. The concept of urban sprawl affecting rural town like Latrobe and Derry is ludicrous.
This is why Latrobe -- died.
There are many, many reasons why Latrobe (and a thousand other small towns in the US) have died. The migration of retail businesses from downtown is just one of them.
Derry is dead, but moving even a DOllar General outside of the city limits nails the coffin shut.
Too bad!
Stupid moron city leaders, all around! both places, for years and years and years.
Here you go again thinking that anyone in the city government can do anything about this. It's not up to them. They have no leverage and virtually NOTHING of value to offer any business either coming into town or leaving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Derry public works 10 hr Joe Morton 34
Derry under Cheeca and Fabian Sun Tom 217 12
royal wedding May 19 Derry res 6
Fake history, thy name is Renee May 18 In love 75
Derry possibility adding surcharge for stormwater May 18 Sympathetic 2
Tom S May 17 Somedaysthepainwins 14
Tax increase? May 16 Bill 2

Latrobe Jobs

Personal Finance

Latrobe Mortgages