Best Pizza in Latrobe Area?

Best Pizza in Latrobe Area?

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
JoeK

Latrobe, PA

#1 Dec 17, 2010
I don't have a favorite.

Where's a best in your opinion.
yum yum

Latrobe, PA

#2 Dec 17, 2010
JoeK wrote:
I don't have a favorite.

Where's a best in your opinion.
Pizza Siena ROCKS!
JoeK

Latrobe, PA

#3 Dec 17, 2010
Where's THE best in your opinion.

I wish Harry's Pizza was still there, I loved that pizza.
Janet C

Blairsville, PA

#4 Dec 17, 2010
yum yum wrote:
<quoted text>
Pizza Siena ROCKS!
Pizza Siena has nothing but over priced pizza, and the staff there is rude.

Since: Dec 10

Omaha, NE

#6 Dec 17, 2010
Anyone remember abbie and bimbo's ???
hollow

Kittanning, PA

#7 Dec 18, 2010
jioio's and hotel is the favorites in are house.
Clarification

Kittanning, PA

#8 Dec 18, 2010
Babes in New Derry
Chef Boyardee

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Dec 18, 2010
About 350 miles East of Latrobe !!!

Ground Zero for great pizza is Brooklyn and the further you get , the worst it tastes.

Gino's , Joioieos {or however you spell that ??},
Scotty G's, whatever !!! all is on chef boyardee level. Sugar in pizza sauce, cmon now !!!

Holy Diabetes alert !!!
JoeK

Latrobe, PA

#10 Dec 18, 2010
Honestly...I don't like any pizza in Latrobe. That's why I asked for opinions hoping there's a good one that I haven't tried yet. So far I have tried all the ones mentioned.

Maybe I'm just too pizza picky.

In the past...Harry's and Murphy's Bar (I think that was the name, Ligonier St in 5th Ward, now the All American Grill) were good.
Justin Slice

West Mifflin, PA

#11 Dec 18, 2010
JoeK wrote:
Where's THE best in your opinion.
I wish Harry's Pizza was still there, I loved that pizza.
Harry's pizza rocked major butt ... those were the days of good pizza
nothing was better , and that guy is still alive, maybe we should have latrobe council set him up again in business ... he can save latrobe hands down , 15 cents a slice at a time or, i wish he would print out his secret receipe for us to be able to make at home on our own..
Justin Slice

West Mifflin, PA

#12 Dec 18, 2010
Chef Boyardee wrote:
About 350 miles East of Latrobe !!!
Ground Zero for great pizza is Brooklyn and the further you get , the worst it tastes.
Gino's , Joioieos {or however you spell that ??},
Scotty G's, whatever !!! all is on chef boyardee level. Sugar in pizza sauce, cmon now !!!
Holy Diabetes alert !!!
sugar in sauce ?? really , how can you tell ? i never heard of that before, i can beleive it , if it is a pizza sub at a bakery, but a pizzeria - can you prove sugar is in it, and is it brown sugar or the white sugar pizza hut used to add in as a special bonus for certain customers
Redneck

Kittanning, PA

#13 Dec 18, 2010
JoeK wrote:
Honestly...I don't like any pizza in Latrobe. That's why I asked for opinions hoping there's a good one that I haven't tried yet. So far I have tried all the ones mentioned.
Maybe I'm just too pizza picky.
In the past...Harry's and Murphy's Bar (I think that was the name, Ligonier St in 5th Ward, now the All American Grill) were good.
If you are that picky, and you can’t find what you like in Latrobe…try making your own.

You can buy pizza crusts at the super market. Find a jar of sauce that you might like ( there’s a ton of ingredients in sauces today from Prego, Ragu, and others), go to the deli and get the cheeses and meats for toppings, and add whatever other seasonings you like. Throw it in the oven and keep an eye on it until it gets to the “done” level you want.

For the more adventurous, you can buy frozen raw dough at the super market and use that, or buy some from one of the local bakeries in the morning. Pick the right sized cookie sheet and roll the dough out to the thickness you like. The crust is what makes a pizza for me. Even if the sauce and toppings are good, if a piece of pizza flops down when you pick it up…no good.

It might be a bit more work than picking up the phone and hoping for the best, but if you are a pizza lover and picky about it…making your own might be the only option.
Redneck

Kittanning, PA

#14 Dec 18, 2010
Justin Slice wrote:
<quoted text> sugar in sauce ?? really , how can you tell ? i never heard of that before, i can beleive it , if it is a pizza sub at a bakery, but a pizzeria - can you prove sugar is in it, and is it brown sugar or the white sugar pizza hut used to add in as a special bonus for certain customers
Most tomato sauces recommend a pinch of sugar to cut down on the acidity, but not enough to really taste it. However, the famous Jioio's use it by the pounds in their sauces. I don't think it's a secret, but if you haven't been able to tell by tasting it...wow.
posie lee

United States

#15 Dec 18, 2010
Chef Boyardee wrote:
About 350 miles East of Latrobe !!!
Ground Zero for great pizza is Brooklyn and the further you get , the worst it tastes.
Gino's , Joioieos {or however you spell that ??},
Scotty G's, whatever !!! all is on chef boyardee level. Sugar in pizza sauce, cmon now !!!
Holy Diabetes alert !!!
When i was little, i called jioio's
"J ten-tens" .lol. Thats always how i remembered how to spell it.
Chuckles

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 18, 2010
I think you have to leave latrobe, monday's and some place in Derry with this huge round party pizza.
silly

AOL

#17 Dec 18, 2010
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Most tomato sauces recommend a pinch of sugar to cut down on the acidity, but not enough to really taste it. However, the famous Jioio's use it by the pounds in their sauces. I don't think it's a secret, but if you haven't been able to tell by tasting it...wow.
I like sugar in all red sauce. I think that Falbo's is sweeter than Jioio's though. JMO
silly

AOL

#18 Dec 18, 2010
Justin Slice wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry's pizza rocked major butt ... those were the days of good pizza
nothing was better , and that guy is still alive, maybe we should have latrobe council set him up again in business ... he can save latrobe hands down , 15 cents a slice at a time or, i wish he would print out his secret receipe for us to be able to make at home on our own..
Where was Harry's pizza? The best pizza was and still is...the ones baked in the fire brick oven! LOVE the crispy crust and doughy fillings! YUM!
Ever try Latrobe Legion pizza? Not bad. You can buy it by the slice. It's different, with three types of cheese on top.
Redneck

Kittanning, PA

#19 Dec 18, 2010
Justin Slice wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry's pizza rocked major butt ... those were the days of good pizza
nothing was better , and that guy is still alive, maybe we should have latrobe council set him up again in business ... he can save latrobe hands down , 15 cents a slice at a time or, i wish he would print out his secret receipe for us to be able to make at home on our own..
I might have written this before, but there was an article in the Latrobe Bulletin about Denny Charlesworth buying the old Stricklers Drug Store and returning it to its prior condition, soda fountain and all. Wouldn't it be nice if they could restore the old Harry's Pizza the same way? I'd be willing to pay the current value price for a piece of it today. even waiting in line could become a nostalgic event every weekend for us baby boomers.

Get the old Harry's Danceland back up and playing oldies. Might have to get an elevator though. Turn Latrobe into the old 50-60s town. Maybe get a Henryburger's back in the mix with those great subs made with french dressing. Use to go there just to watch that beautiful girl Linda make them.

Cooney already has a pool room in place on Main Street. It's not the old Art's Cue & Cushion or the Plaza, but it's still the old Cooney. Great guy and an institution to all old first warders.

Lots of nostalgia right under the surface in this town. Might be a niche to explore. Instead of urban renewel; how about some urban legend brought back to life?
posie lee

United States

#20 Dec 18, 2010
I think that the American Legion has really good pizza,but its not always readily available:(
justonemore

Kittanning, PA

#21 Dec 18, 2010
My favorite is pizza from casa tomas, which its now bull dogs. I know the same cook is still there and it is a great pizza. but carasellas (sp) by the cloverleaf makes a really good pie. I would recommend either one. Stick with the traditional crust and I bet u will like it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Book Store in Latrobe (Aug '09) 7 hr Red 21
mark noel 13 hr haley 9
Battaglia's creekside restaurant and bar on Ave... (Mar '15) 17 hr Greg 28
Dogs in Legion Keener Park (Jul '13) 19 hr Grad2008andProudM... 73
wanos pond Thu People See 38
crackhead Thu JLR 5
How much Gold has William Devane bought from Ro... (Aug '13) Thu Regis 42

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Latrobe Mortgages