Any honest certified plumber in area?

Any honest certified plumber in area?

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

Murphy

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Sep 4, 2011
Can anyone reccomend a certified plumber that you have hired for different jobs?
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#2 Sep 4, 2011
Murphy wrote:
Can anyone reccomend a certified plumber that you have hired for different jobs?
I can advise NOT using one company...ROTO ROOTER. They subcontract plumbers who charge the normal rate, then ROTO adds on that same rate to the bill. You pay twice as much.

Use a self-employed plumber rather than a sub-contracted one...especialy from ROTO-ROOTER.

Bowman is good from what I hear, but you might have to wait.
Linda

Latrobe, PA

#3 Sep 4, 2011
The one I've hired a few times I really liked until he started taking phone calls non-stop on my dime then would bad-mouth every single customer. Found out later I was part of that mix as well.

Too bad, because I think he did good work. I can only say I'd never have him or his g/f assistant inside of my home again!

Will be hoping someone else can recommend someone in case of future need.
Mindy

United States

#4 Sep 4, 2011
Mack Darr in Ligonier is excellent! Quality work, dependable and reasonably priced.
abcd

Irwin, PA

#5 Aug 26, 2012
We used Deans Plumbing, Good work
X Factor

Latrobe, PA

#7 Aug 26, 2012
Jim Holzer Plumbing
Scott

West Mifflin, PA

#8 Aug 26, 2012
Elders use wrote:
Bowman is top notch... but he is also the busiest around. Hopefully he can get you in. I trust him in my grandfather's house alone and have never had to question any of his billing.
he is busy because he is redoing work that was not done right the first time.
latrobe country club

Latrobe, PA

#9 Aug 27, 2012
Linda wrote:
The one I've hired a few times I really liked until he started taking phone calls non-stop on my dime then would bad-mouth every single customer. Found out later I was part of that mix as well.
Too bad, because I think he did good work. I can only say I'd never have him or his g/f assistant inside of my home again!
Will be hoping someone else can recommend someone in case of future need.
who would that be?? M-P
latrobean

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Aug 31, 2012
latrobe country club wrote:
<quoted text>
who would that be?? M-P
Gregory and Martin I would recommend. The Gregory name has been in the plumbing business for over 100 years, and they have a good reputation.
XYZ

Latrobe, PA

#11 Sep 1, 2012
Mike Pelar & wife Melanie, Whitney, PA. Very good. Competitive rates.
Harley

Indiana, PA

#12 Sep 1, 2012
I agree Mike & Melanie they do do good work
Sampson

Latrobe, PA

#13 Sep 19, 2012
Mike Pelar does terrible work AND he's very unreliable! Finishing a job correctly is a challenge for this guy. He used to work for one of the worst contractors in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The state of Derry Boro 3 hr Uncle George 31
Pronounce "Latrobe" (Apr '13) 19 hr Jim Moz 17
New live theater . Thu Brenda 5
The Pond (Nov '15) Thu Kimmy 39
Battaglia's creekside restaurant and bar on Ave... (Mar '15) Jun 22 Hecktor 16
Derry Borough Mayor Jun 22 DMZ 48
4th Ave neighbors Jun 21 Snap Shot 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Latrobe Mortgages