First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yeppers

Latrobe, PA

#1 Sep 19, 2012
How things have changed since Rolling Rock left our town. The Brewery property used to be one of the best kept places in town, now it's one of the worst kept places. The office building is over grown with weeds and it falling apart. The huge tanks and sit along Ligonier Street that were pure white now are rusted. The once lush trees that were all along the Brewery property have now been pulled out and replaced with nothing but high weeds. The entire building could use a good paint job.

City Brewery may be providing jobs but they also need to take care of what they own. Even to drive by the place one woild not even kn ow what it as they don't even have a sign on the roof saying what is there. A shame indeed what has become of the old Rolling Rock brewery once the pride of everyone in the Latrobe area.

Since: Jan 11

#2 Sep 19, 2012
It's beer factory. Get over it.
Mitt loves Modern Family

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Sep 19, 2012
Jim Moz wrote:
It's beer factory. Get over it.
It's not a beer factory anymore, is it? I thought they just made caffeine spiked Koolaid drinks there.

Moz, one of the reasons Latrobe isn't interesting to outsiders is because of properties like this one. The town pays a zoning employee, and she should be able to ticket a business for not keeping its property tidy.

Look how nice other businesses in Latrobe are kept. EXCELA Health is tidy. Oh, let's just list all the tidy properties...

Latrobe Steel is a horrible eyesore, but it and City Brewing are making money and they can paint and landscape and erect privacy fences and make their properties conform to MODERN STANDARDS not -- slum standards.
Inspector

Indiana, PA

#4 Sep 19, 2012
Mitt loves Modern Family wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a beer factory anymore, is it? I thought they just made caffeine spiked Koolaid drinks there.
Moz, one of the reasons Latrobe isn't interesting to outsiders is because of properties like this one. The town pays a zoning employee, and she should be able to ticket a business for not keeping its property tidy.
Look how nice other businesses in Latrobe are kept. EXCELA Health is tidy. Oh, let's just list all the tidy properties...
Latrobe Steel is a horrible eyesore, but it and City Brewing are making money and they can paint and landscape and erect privacy fences and make their properties conform to MODERN STANDARDS not -- slum standards.
You are an horrible eyesore that don't make any money. Get a job allready.You left your house like a slum.
beer man

United States

#5 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>It's not a beer factory anymore, is it? I thought they just made caffeine spiked Koolaid drinks there.

They make more beer than anyone knows about, iron city, red stripe, and are still doing some Sam Adams work.
Redneck

Orlando, FL

#6 Sep 20, 2012
When the owners don't live in the area and don't even know where it is, you get what you got...a beer factory that makes money but no pride in the facility or the product.

It's all about money...period.
Mitt loves Modern Family

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Redneck wrote:
When the owners don't live in the area and don't even know where it is, you get what you got...a beer factory that makes money but no pride in the facility or the product.
This is so apathetic to believe. The town's leaders should be photographing the problems, and sending letters to demand to the owners, explaining that their properties do not meet the town's standards for appearance, maintenance, etc.
Mitt loves Modern Family

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Inspector wrote:
<quoted text>You are an horrible eyesore that don't make any money. Get a job allready.You left your house like a slum.
The correct grammar for your sentence above is:

"[I am] a horrible eyesore that 'doesn't' make any money."

The correct spelling for your allready is:

"already"

The actual fact regarding the home in questions is:

"{I left} the property tidy and ready for winter, raked, mowed, edged, leaves in compost area, branches and twigs bundles, etc. and the property declined while the new owner tried to sell it."
Inspector

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>
"already"
"{I left} the property tidy and ready for winter, raked, mowed, edged, leaves in compost area, branches and twigs bundles, etc. and the property declined while the new owner tried to sell it."
And sewage in the basement.If you can correct my grammar,correct yourself & get a job.

Since: Jan 11

#10 Sep 20, 2012
Redneck wrote:

Bul!shit. No pride in the *product*?

Wake up and join the 21st century. You have very few local owners these days of companies and facilities that are valued in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. It just doesn't work that way anymore. And when it did work that way, your type complained about the power and privilege that people like the Titos or the Saxmans enjoyed within the community.

You just can't win with small town whiners. Jealousy of every iota of someone else's success knows no bounds.
Ivan Putski

Latrobe, PA

#11 Sep 20, 2012
Jim Moz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bul!shit. No pride in the *product*?
Wake up and join the 21st century. You have very few local owners these days of companies and facilities that are valued in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. It just doesn't work that way anymore. And when it did work that way, your type complained about the power and privilege that people like the Titos or the Saxmans enjoyed within the community.
You just can't win with small town whiners. Jealousy of every iota of someone else's success knows no bounds.
Success is such a relative term. Please define it. It appears from the context of the conversation that you are equating "success" with some type of monetary accumulation. Is that the case?
Mitt loves Modern Family

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Sep 20, 2012
Inspector wrote:
<quoted text>And sewage in the basement.If you can correct my grammar,correct yourself & get a job.
Lots of homes eventually have collapsed lateral sewer lines. Are you so stupid that you don't know this? In fact, between 7/30 and 8/10, major digging was done at my family's old property to correct the failed lateral sewer line as it connected to the city's line.

However, stupid, sewage backup -- due to a faulty sewage system -- is a violation of EPA health standards and is the responsibility of the city, not the homeowner. If you'd read a little, you'd understand these things.
greatoutdoors

Greensburg, PA

#13 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>
"already"
Property might be getting a new deck out back, it will be so lovely. It can soon be added to the "lovely" homes in 5th ward.
Mitt loves Modern Family

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Sep 20, 2012
greatoutdoors wrote:
Property might be getting a new deck out back, it will be so lovely. It can soon be added to the "lovely" homes in 5th ward.
Someone needed to put a deck or back porch on that house! Once completed, the owner/renter will have a great view of the crooked lean-to Marcinik house,(it tips 12" off plumb), and the dilapidated garage across the alley. The backyard view is very special in the winter when all the trees have lost their leaves; it's like looking 100-years into the past. But, a porch or deck will be nice...FINALLY@!
Dumbsore

Meadow Lands, PA

#15 Sep 20, 2012
Move to Ohio and live next to the Budweiser factory then. Their profits blow City Brewing away so I bet they have the waterfalls, butterfly farms, and the pansies that you desire.
breakfast stout

Latrobe, PA

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Dumbsore wrote:
Move to Ohio and live next to the Budweiser factory then. Their profits blow City Brewing away so I bet they have the waterfalls, butterfly farms, and the pansies that you desire.
Oh yeah, that Budweiser! Anyone who knows anything about beer knows that Bud is to the beer community what a burnt, three-day old McD's hamburger is to the Filet Mignon community. Luckily, most Americans are susceptible to the marketing geniuses who work for Bud and are convinced to drink the stuff made from perhaps the cheapest ingredients available. How 'bout them Clydesdales!
jerry

Syracuse, NY

#17 Sep 20, 2012
how yo doin d
Iheartbeer

Greensburg, PA

#18 Sep 20, 2012
breakfast stout wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, that Budweiser! Anyone who knows anything about beer knows that Bud is to the beer community what a burnt, three-day old McD's hamburger is to the Filet Mignon community. Luckily, most Americans are susceptible to the marketing geniuses who work for Bud and are convinced to drink the stuff made from perhaps the cheapest ingredients available. How 'bout them Clydesdales!
All Saints Brewery
Local Beer
Local Owners
Real Good Beer
Yum
Shameless plug against all things Budweiser
HATE IDIOTS

Latrobe, PA

#19 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Lots of homes eventually have collapsed lateral sewer lines. Are you so stupid that you don't know this? In fact, between 7/30 and 8/10, major digging was done at my family's old property to correct the failed lateral sewer line as it connected to the city's line.
However, stupid, sewage backup -- due to a faulty sewage system -- is a violation of EPA health standards and is the responsibility of the city, not the homeowner. If you'd read a little, you'd understand these things.
lateral sewer lines are not maintained by the city. The LMA is responsible for main lines and the property owner is responsible for the lateral. Get your facts straight. When your lateral collapses you are responsible end of story. Yes the sewer system is old, as is the case in almost any town, but 99% of the time a backup is not due to the main line, Its the lateral. Oh, and as for your fun EPA fact you love to throw around, it doesn't apply to laterals. Its only applicable to main lines and collection systems. Maybe you need to read a little more. Also get a job, Im tired of paying for your internet, and reading your "facts".
Mitt loves Modern Family

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Sep 20, 2012
HATE IDIOTS wrote:
lateral sewer lines are not maintained by the city..
Hey STUPID. I said that backup of raw sewage into a house, is an EPA violation and is the responsibility and fault of the city. Take a remedial reading course sometime, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ufo (Nov '08) 1 hr justsayin 9
News Shearer shortage looms over sheep farmers 2 hr Chestnut Ridge PA... 1
News How a Main Line payday lender used an Indian tr... 2 hr Chestnut Ridge 1
Suspected thief caught on camera breaking into... 2 hr Chestnut Ridge 1
Missing- Cassandra Gross 3 hr Seriously 34
News Is the Mysterious B-25 Still in the Monongahela... (Jan '13) 5 hr Google says 16
News Greater Latrobe eyes 7.5-mill increase in preli... (Feb '11) 10 hr Old News 12

Latrobe Jobs

Personal Finance

Latrobe Mortgages