What are Latrobeans thinking of Lance...

What are Latrobeans thinking of Lance Armstrong now?

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

Anteater

Palm Desert, CA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
Let's share.
Gwen

Greensburg, PA

#2 Jan 18, 2013
I think Lance Armstrong showed a lot of balls going on Oprah
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Just another nobody that the media is using to keep the hoopleheads amused and focused on the mundane.

How man people are pro-bike participants or fans. A lot of fluff over nothing. What should have been a minor story from the beginning has been turned into a media circus and forced down our throats on TV.

Want to know what I think...Who cares?

Want to know what I think of people who do...TV Zombies. Might as well shove an ice pick behind your eye and wiggle it.
Uuuhhh OK

Delmont, PA

#4 Jan 18, 2013
Ok. I think he had a lot of balls admitting his doping. BUT, he loses said balls doing it on Oprah.
Thinking like a madman

Carlisle, PA

#5 Jan 18, 2013
Redneck wrote:
Just another nobody that the media is using to keep the hoopleheads amused and focused on the mundane.
How man people are pro-bike participants or fans. A lot of fluff over nothing. What should have been a minor story from the beginning has been turned into a media circus and forced down our throats on TV.
Want to know what I think...Who cares?
Want to know what I think of people who do...TV Zombies. Might as well shove an ice pick behind your eye and wiggle it.
I dunno Redneck, Lance Armstrong used Procrit which is used for Cancer patients to fight anemia. I don't think he did "doping", I just think he used a legal substance ahead of the time when people figured it could enhance sports performance.

While it is a drug, one has to argue why it's even regulated, since it's barely more than an iron supplement...

Since: Jan 11

#6 Jan 18, 2013
Ball. One ball.
I am balled over

Carlisle, PA

#8 Jan 18, 2013
Jim Moz wrote:
Ball. One ball.
You made me laugh...
Anteater

Palm Desert, CA

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Has anyone considered he lied, he cheated, he sued among other things? Does a TV interview on Oprah or anyone else's show make him admirable? He showed no remorse. I never thought I'd say it but I agree with Redneck!
needle and the spoon

New York, NY

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Funny thing is that he admitted it but he really did not apologize or seem remorseful. I really dont care, nor do I know anyone else who actually watches pro biking. To me it's just one more overpaid crybaby who got caught and now is sooo sorry. Yeah sorry they got caught not sorry for what they did.
Yul Brinner

Latrobe, PA

#11 Jan 19, 2013
I used these products when I was King of Siam.
Biking is wildly healthy

Carlisle, PA

#12 Jan 19, 2013
needle and the spoon wrote:
Funny thing is that he admitted it but he really did not apologize or seem remorseful. I really dont care, nor do I know anyone else who actually watches pro biking. To me it's just one more overpaid crybaby who got caught and now is sooo sorry. Yeah sorry they got caught not sorry for what they did.
Bicycle racing is an incredible sport. The bikes weigh like 18-pounds, they'll take the rider up to high speeds of 60+ miles per hour, the guys will travel at speeds of 20 mph most of the time.

Cyclists are in such good shape their resting heart rates are 38 beats/minute.

I'd much rather watch a portion of cycling than a stupid football game where the guys bang into each other, give themselves concussions, then fall down.

The public, "I'm so sorry" has worn it's course in our country. Bill Clinton was subjected to it 20-years ago and we've seen enough stupid public apologies since then, haven't we?
BradToTheBone

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Jan 20, 2013
Don't care
Roll Butt

Latrobe, PA

#14 Jan 20, 2013
WHO CARES...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Latrobe little league 2 hr FastBall 4
Is your yard really your yard? 2 hr Homeowner_Insanity 4
Why does it smell so bad in town lately? (Jul '10) 5 hr lat 95
The Pond (Nov '15) Tue Deanna 40
Child predator on the loose Tue summer 13
Pronounce "Latrobe" (Apr '13) Jun 27 Connie 21
Ewe mean its Jun 27 Richard Head 2

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance