First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Kittanning, PA

#1 Nov 4, 2010
Are we getting a Target in Latrobe? I heard the drive in as well as several houses on Theater Street were sold in order for Target to be built. Apparently a lot of people heard this as there is now a sign up at the drive in that Target did not buy them out. Does anyone know anything?
Don

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2010
Curious wrote:
Are we getting a Target in Latrobe? I heard the drive in as well as several houses on Theater Street were sold in order for Target to be built. Apparently a lot of people heard this as there is now a sign up at the drive in that Target did not buy them out. Does anyone know anything?
Don't you believe their sign?

5th Ward Resident

“Won't you touch my sweater”

Since: Sep 10

Latrobe, PA

#3 Nov 4, 2010
Don wrote:
Don't you believe their sign?
On 11/3/2010, the Hi-Way Drive-in sign says, "No Target did not buy us".
Andrea

Mckeesport, PA

#5 Nov 4, 2010
It has said that for a week now.
Hates Ignorance

Butler, PA

#6 Nov 4, 2010
" the Hi-Way Drive-in sign says, "No Target did not buy us."

Has anyone seen the trailers for this movie yet?

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#7 Nov 4, 2010
Andrea wrote:
It has said that for a week now.
I don't get out much, my tin foil helmet gets in the way when I drive...

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#8 Nov 4, 2010
Hates Ignorance wrote:
Has anyone seen the trailers for this movie yet?
Your sentence is a "double entendre": housing trailers being sold to accommodate Target; and trailers made for the movie's advertisement.

A+
Lord of Karma

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2010
I was told they put that sign up just to throw off Latrobe Topix bloggers/readers. :)
mike

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Nov 5, 2010
Listen. Target is not going in there. I have great intel into this. I am being told from credible sources that the main idea was at first to build a mini mall there at the drive-in. Now the idea is supposedly to put in a Timmy Horton's coffee house, based out of Canada. The other place being discussed is Waffle House. There ya go.

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#11 Nov 5, 2010
Lord of Karma wrote:
I was told they put that sign up just to throw off Latrobe Topix bloggers/readers.:)
I'm tellin ya, if that place changes in any way, beyond a coat of paint, I'm gonna uproot my bank-owned house, and "super glue" it to that property, and never leave that spot until the hi-way drive-in becomes a state landmark!

My interests are few and far between (regarding issues outside of my own yard), and the drive-in is a special, "local" place that I'd stand on my soapbox for.

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#12 Nov 5, 2010
mike wrote:
Timmy Horton's coffee house, based out of Canada.
We need a good coffee place. Cafe Bean, RT 30, doesn't use quality beans (dark, oily, aromatic), and all its "bean varieties" taste the same (because they are the same bean!)

Cafe Bean is a GREAT effort in interior design, but for the "city" prices of coffee drinks, I expect "city" taste, too.
mike

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Nov 5, 2010
You better get a big soapbox to stand on. I bet the neighbors of 5th ward will be happy. Some probably would even help you move. Beware unity township supervisors, "5th ward resident is coming, hide your hummers!!!!!!"

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#14 Nov 5, 2010
mike wrote:
You better get a big soapbox to stand on. I bet the neighbors of 5th ward will be happy. Some probably would even help you move. Beware unity township supervisors, "5th ward resident is coming, hide your hummers!!!!!!"
;-) You gave me my "good morning" laugh...and made me smile, thanks
mike

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Nov 5, 2010
Thanks, I am trying my best.
mike

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Nov 5, 2010
Heres another idea. You said you would stand on a soapbox. Well why dont you put wheels on that specific soapbox,convert it to diesel,build a race track and hold deisel soapbox derbies. You could then challenge Rick Stadler and his hummers.lol

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17 Nov 5, 2010
Curious wrote:
Today I personally spoke to Lee, the owner, and he said it's all lies, he is not selling to anyone.

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#18 Nov 5, 2010
mike wrote:
Well why dont you put wheels on that specific soapbox,convert it to diesel,build a race track and hold deisel soapbox derbies. You could then challenge Rick Stadler and his hummers.lol
My old Mercedes diesel would beat those new Mercedes HUMMERS every time. It would just take me 10-miles to get up to speed. My old car is meant for cruising...those HUMMERS are top heavy, one sharp turn and Stadler would fall over.
FedUp

Belle Vernon, PA

#19 Nov 6, 2010
Dragon Priestess wrote:
<quoted text>
Today I personally spoke to Lee, the owner, and he said it's all lies, he is not selling to anyone.
I thought that the Ridilla family owned it !!!!!!!!
Paul

Kittanning, PA

#20 Nov 6, 2010
Who is Lee ? He is not the owner.
home grown

West Mifflin, PA

#21 Nov 9, 2010
Curious wrote:
Good Keep the BIG stores out there on the HIGHWAY , Town of LATROBE Sure dont need any stores in LATROBE TOWN AREA . i mean who wants all those CARS and PEOPLE on the STREETS and SIDEWALKS in LATROBE anyway in the FIRST PLACE , it that store came in town then the peeps at 333 main street would have to set up shop somewhere else . who needs kmart , walmart, target , etc. those SHOPS in TOWN that are ALL CLOSED is all LATROBE NEEDS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Latrobe Music Thread Mon Musikologist 1
City of Latrobe Hiring Mon In Town 2
Latrobe fireworks Mon calluout 32
Becky Stahl...Remember her? (Jul '12) Jul 23 DMZ 130
Hoagie man (Dec '10) Jul 22 bURP 31
Home Inspectors Jul 22 Latroberesident 2
Who controls Latrobe? (Dec '11) Jul 21 Auld Pharte 51

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance