beer

Beaver Falls, PA

#1 Sep 22, 2009
when can we expect the newest beer of the week from glass lined tanks of old latrobe to hit the shelves??
beer

Beaver Falls, PA

#2 Sep 22, 2009
what , no stoneys lovers here???

Since: Apr 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Sep 23, 2009
beer wrote:
when can we expect the newest beer of the week from glass lined tanks of old latrobe to hit the shelves??
Give it about a month.
anti christ

Glasgow, KY

#4 Sep 23, 2009
beer wrote:
arnold palmer beer.......
Paper Reader

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Sep 23, 2009
I would love to support the local brewery, but Stoney's??? Not too sure about it. I will have to try it again, and see if its as bad as I remember.
Jerry Harrison

Seward, PA

#6 Sep 23, 2009
I am 14 soon to be 15.

I have been drinking Stoneys for years.

I love it.

Do they make Stoney's ponies ?
iggy

United States

#7 Sep 25, 2009
iron city bought the rights to stoney`s years ago, that`s why they are making it here. giant eagle or sheetz, even colt 45 beer could be next. no stoney ponies. stoney`s in a can, could happen here, ( eveyone loves cans ). everything that city brews in the near future will be crap beers,( that is until they can land another( major) brand ).
anti christ

Glasgow, KY

#8 Sep 25, 2009
how bout yuengling,oldest brewery in us...in pottsville,pa...love them mountians bluegrass music and playing spoons....

some good times in the mountians of pa...
born here but consider pa my home...
lot more freedom up there....i'll put a pic
of old fridge with keg of yuengling in it .
take care ya'll....ol'hippy from the sixtys

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#9 Sep 26, 2009
Who has the rights to the brand "Latrobe" that the LBC put out in 96-97? One of them was called Bohemian Pilsner...it was quite tasty. I think if I remember correctly, it won a micro-brew award out in Colorado in the summer of 96.

Since: Apr 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Sep 29, 2009
Biff 33 wrote:
Who has the rights to the brand "Latrobe" that the LBC put out in 96-97? One of them was called Bohemian Pilsner...it was quite tasty. I think if I remember correctly, it won a micro-brew award out in Colorado in the summer of 96.
I believe inbev anheuser-busch has the trademarks on anything with the Latrobe name on it.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#11 Sep 30, 2009
BrewDude wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe inbev anheuser-busch has the trademarks on anything with the Latrobe name on it.
Well that stinks...I guess we'll never see that beer again.
cracker crumb

Glasgow, KY

#12 Dec 5, 2009
anti christ wrote:
<quoted text>
arnold palmer beer.......
jimmy stewart also
Beer Guy

Greensburg, PA

#13 Dec 8, 2009
iggy wrote:
iron city bought the rights to stoney`s years ago, that`s why they are making it here. giant eagle or sheetz, even colt 45 beer could be next. no stoney ponies. stoney`s in a can, could happen here,( eveyone loves cans ). everything that city brews in the near future will be crap beers,( that is until they can land another( major) brand ).
The two companies are completely separate. Iron City does not own Stoney's.
iggy

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 May 5, 2010
yeah, iron city makes stoneys at cbc, same thing. hitchman, podyucky, "owners" same thing.
Beer Guy

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 May 6, 2010
iggy wrote:
iron city bought the rights to stoney`s years ago, that`s why they are making it here. giant eagle or sheetz, even colt 45 beer could be next. no stoney ponies. stoney`s in a can, could happen here,( eveyone loves cans ). everything that city brews in the near future will be crap beers,( that is until they can land another( major) brand ).
Iron City did not buy the rights to it, they were producing it for the Jones Brewing Comapny. Now City Brewing is making Stoney's for the Jones Brewing Comapny. Cans are superior to bottles in almost every way, many craft brewers are now moving towards cans as well.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#16 May 8, 2010
Drank Stoney's for years, it went downhill when they changed brewmasters & got worse after the bankruptcy. I would love to see someone bring
back the old recipe as it was. Although, Esquire
was better & was Jones Brewery's premium beer.
Yuengling traditional lager became one of my favorites, but their plan of the new brewery making
more beer, faster shows in the taste. It's not nearly as good as it was. Faster ain't better. And
I ain't drinking that beer with rice in it - Bud.
FedUp

Dunlevy, PA

#17 May 12, 2010
Stoney's was a good beer until the Podlucky's took over the brewery and changed the formula.
unbelieveable

Latrobe, PA

#18 May 14, 2010
Jerry Harrison wrote:
I am 14 soon to be 15.
I have been drinking Stoneys for years.
I love it.
Do they make Stoney's ponies ?
14 soon to be 15? What's your parents prison numbers, kid?
Beer Guy

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 May 21, 2010
FedUp wrote:
Stoney's was a good beer until the Podlucky's took over the brewery and changed the formula.
Agree completely! Probably changed the recipe to save money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stray feral cats 1 hr besthavemovedaway 3
Fireworks?? (Jan '14) 7 hr StarFireCorp 8
Geos 16 hr Georgy Porgy 6
Barking dogs in town Sun besthavemovedaway 16
excella screws employees again Jul 2 Libertarian 20
Mt. Pleasant Jul 2 Uncle George 2
Secoandary Ed Trends Jul 2 Sally 8
More from around the web

Latrobe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE