Is there anywhere in Latrobe that has...

Is there anywhere in Latrobe that has good Pizza ?

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Henry Hobart

Latrobe, PA

#1 Feb 20, 2013
I went down to find Domino's and found it to be closed. Is there any place in or near Latrobe to purchase Pizza ?
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Henry Hobart wrote:
I went down to find Domino's and found it to be closed. Is there any place in or near Latrobe to purchase Pizza ?
Why don't you try reading some of the forums already posted? Or pick up a phone book or use the Internet. Or just drive around town and pick any bar or eatery that is open...they almost all have pizza.

What you like in the way of pizza as an individual isn't be known by others in here...but the variety that exists in the area should provide something to your liking. Again...a lot of forums with pizza as the subject in Topix.
SUE

Southview, PA

#3 Feb 20, 2013
Hotel Loyal we think makes the best pizza in town.
pizza pizza

Latrobe, PA

#4 Feb 20, 2013
SUE wrote:
Hotel Loyal we think makes the best pizza in town.
Good but expensive ! I guess you get what you pay for.
rosebuddy

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Gino's
I Know Pie

Latrobe, PA

#6 Feb 20, 2013
Pizza Sienna on RT30, Black & Gold Grill on Main St Ext, Hotel Loyal, and for something A1 and out of the norm....Babes fire oven Pizza - Rt982 in New Derry.
New Derry

Latrobe, PA

#7 Feb 20, 2013
[QUOTE who="Babes fire oven Pizza - Rt982 in New Derry.
[/QUOTE]

It's not called Babes anymore and hasn't been called that for a number of years. Anyone not from the area would never find the place.
Babes Pie

Latrobe, PA

#8 Feb 21, 2013
Correct, brown building across from the ballfield. Believe the current sign is Ianni's or something to that effect.
PIZZAEXPERT

Latrobe, PA

#9 Feb 21, 2013
As far as Babe's is concerned, it will always be Babe's and anyone who goes there will never know it by any other name than Babe's so go to New Derry, ask where Babes is and your problems are solved. Wow you're heading that way, stop at Roundhouse pizza because their pizza is excellent. So is the Sunoco on the corner across from the high school and if you are in New Alexandria, Di's pizza in the little mall is excellent. Lots of good places. I love Gino's too and always a place for Jioio's. There are enough different pizza places in the local area that you can 'like' many different types and find them just about anywhere.
Paul

Greensburg, PA

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Try Monday's Bar in Margueritte they have had great pizza for years.
Babes Pie

Latrobe, PA

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Mondays is closed TFN.

Expert your right about Roundhouse & the gas station (which sounds a little weird but its good)
Opposite corners by the Derry high school.

Babes will always be Babes,,,Billy's a good guy!
LOK

Latrobe, PA

#12 Feb 21, 2013
Black n gold grill makes a good pizza. Ginos makes a good white pizza. Pizza Sienna makes a good pie too. Depends what you are in the mood for. In my house our favorite is worth driving the hour drive to Connelsville for some Bud Murphies pizza. You can even call ahead and it'll be hot n ready when you arrive. IT's for special occasion or a Sunday drive pizza mood. There is also a joint on North 711 on both sides of the road either place is same business and the pizza is the same. One is a dinner and the other a pizza joint, but you can order pizza at the dinner. Its a 10!!! Just my 2 cents.
lat

Punxsutawney, PA

#13 Feb 21, 2013
LOK wrote:
Black n gold grill makes a good pizza. Ginos makes a good white pizza. Pizza Sienna makes a good pie too. Depends what you are in the mood for. In my house our favorite is worth driving the hour drive to Connelsville for some Bud Murphies pizza. You can even call ahead and it'll be hot n ready when you arrive. IT's for special occasion or a Sunday drive pizza mood. There is also a joint on North 711 on both sides of the road either place is same business and the pizza is the same. One is a dinner and the other a pizza joint, but you can order pizza at the dinner. Its a 10!!! Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you about Bud Murphys, worth the drive! Are you talking about Carol and Daves on 711? if so they moved and are in town now. Still the same good food but i think service is lacking a little but we mostly go for brunch.
Loki

Vienna, WV

#14 Feb 21, 2013
If you don't mind a little drive, red brick in west point is real good.
go falcons

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Feb 21, 2013
Buds actually has a great bar too. Tons of beer on tap (stoneys to Sam Adams) and for a decent price. In 2009 bottles of beer were $1.95, they are probably a little more now, but your tab is way less than most restaurants. Even though my aunt lives in L.A. she still insists on stopping there every visit.
Lil Timmy

United States

#16 Feb 22, 2013
lat wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you about Bud Murphys, worth the drive! Are you talking about Carol and Daves on 711? if so they moved and are in town now. Still the same good food but i think service is lacking a little but we mostly go for brunch.
Yes, Dave and Carols. Great pizza!
lat

Punxsutawney, PA

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Lil Timmy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Dave and Carols. Great pizza!
Not to be picky but the name is Carol and Daves Roadhouse. Ok ya i'm being picky lol
wing lover

Latrobe, PA

#18 Feb 22, 2013
Yep I love my wings and it will only be at Racers but I agree with Red Brick, awesome pizza and Joios if they can not burn it. Racers has a new pizza dough which is really good especially the chicken ranch with bacon. Roma Italiano also has a homemade pizza like my Italian grandma used to make, its worth a try.
listening

Latrobe, PA

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Black and Gold Grill has really good pizza at a good price. Di's in New Alex is also really good.
SUE

Southview, PA

#20 Feb 22, 2013
LOK wrote:
711 N on both sides of the road? Same pizza place? How long has it been since you were out there? The place on the left is no longer there. It's now an apartment building and the place on the right is now called Kelly's. Not as good as it was when it was the old place. Cool Springs right before it though has great pizza...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Penn use discretion on tar and chip with... 1 hr Jeff 3
Latrobe fireworks 15 hr LatrobeRES 37
Candy Land 17 hr AAD 1
Hoagie man (Dec '10) Wed besthavemovedaway 32
Latrobe Music Thread Jul 25 Musikologist 1
City of Latrobe Hiring Jul 25 In Town 2
Becky Stahl...Remember her? (Jul '12) Jul 23 DMZ 130

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance