First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Well

Indiana, PA

#41 Sep 23, 2012
The jobs are out there wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyday, there are 100s of jobs advertised for Westmoreland County.
Why isn't anyone pairing the people with the jobs?
Yes, there's Careerlink.com , and on-line service funded by the Moe Laryy and Curly nimrods at the STATE and even FEDERAL level, but why isn't anyone paying attention to the fact that Careerlink is OVERWHELMING to simple people, who live in Latrobe and other rural communities.
The jobs are out there MOZ, it's just that they're too complicated now to get to.
And, there's almost NO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION to help the rural residents get to an "urban" (and I use that word loosely) center.
Yet you don't work! Interesting!
jewel

United States

#42 Sep 24, 2012
Snoop doggy dawg wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I obvious understand your opinion that higher prices outweigh the rate increase.However, you offer nothing but opinion and no facts to counter my argument that say a 75 cent increase in the hourly wage gives an individual an extra 1560 bucks a year in pre-tax income, which I maintain outweighs the price increase of products that they will pay that year. Your opinion versus mine, but if you want to act like yours is supported by data, the please provide the data, dawgette..

BTW, I am not a proponent of minimum wage, but I do need to provide obvious counterxample to a supposed logicians flawed argument. Thanks for the alley-oop Kobe
labor is just another input, but people get emotional when discussing the cost of labor vs energy, raw materials, etc.

Companies will offset wage increase buy raising price of their goods or by utilizing less labor. No company will or should take the hit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fruitcake constable 43 min Sittingherelaughing 5
taking bets 1 hr Excela Official 3
eclipse 4 hr Cherrypieinmyeye 5
Asian Massage at Beatty: Good or bad??? Mon Want to Know 3
Nuke the Whole City Sun Wow 8
Another Constable Thread Gone Aug 19 Wow 1
Mountain View Interiors Building Aug 18 Just Curious 15

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance