Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Feb 18, 2013
pzza wrote:
ANYBODY know why they are closed??
nobody can afford obamacare
lat

Punxsutawney, PA

#3 Feb 18, 2013
the family couldn't work together to keep the place going so they filed bankruptcy
Monday Patron

Assumption, IL

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Truth be told, the one(s) who inherited it thought they knew better.

All those who helped out Paul over the years were told step aside and watch me.....And the closed business speaks for itself!!!
Friday

Paterson, NJ

#5 Feb 18, 2013
Great pizza
mikerollo

Latrobe, PA

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Monday Patron wrote:
Truth be told, the one(s) who inherited it thought they knew better.
All those who helped out Paul over the years were told step aside and watch me.....And the closed business speaks for itself!!!
So true!! Both brothers blame each other. I blame BOTH of them. When the dad died, both brothers went on a spending spree, no wonder why they have no money. Both brothers live with money grubbing women, especially Petey
Carefree

Latrobe, PA

#7 Feb 19, 2013
Yupp.
If they were smart,,,,,repeating IF THEY WERE SMART now would be the time to turn it into a happening week-end spot. Open up Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Advertise, serve food, come up with benfits, poker runs, and other ideas to pack the place.....then take 4 days off.

Of course these fools will probably sell the liquor license & whatever equipment possible for that last hooray of cash before dozing the place.
Paulie would be so proud!!!
pzza

Latrobe, PA

#8 Feb 20, 2013
If they where smart it would still be open.
Babes Pie

Latrobe, PA

#9 Feb 21, 2013
True dat. Most people would love to inherit someplace established, bought & paid for, and a chance to continue a family business.....
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Babes Pie wrote:
True dat. Most people would love to inherit someplace established, bought & paid for, and a chance to continue a family business.....
Even with a great headstart like that...it requires a lot of hard work and dedication to maintain such a business. Most likely that was missing in those who inherited the place.
lat

Punxsutawney, PA

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with a great headstart like that...it requires a lot of hard work and dedication to maintain such a business. Most likely that was missing in those who inherited the place.
Truth is they couldn't work together and that destroyed it. Both were very greedy and were only looking out for themselves. They had a little gold mine and threw it away with their selfishness.
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#13 Feb 21, 2013
lat wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is they couldn't work together and that destroyed it. Both were very greedy and were only looking out for themselves. They had a little gold mine and threw it away with their selfishness.
Couldn't one buy the other out?
lat

Punxsutawney, PA

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't one buy the other out?
my understanding was that eventually happened but not before each of them running their part into the ground thus the bankruptcy. One had control of the bar the other the resturant.
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#15 Feb 21, 2013
lat wrote:
<quoted text>
my understanding was that eventually happened but not before each of them running their part into the ground thus the bankruptcy. One had control of the bar the other the resturant.
Sounds like a version of dumb anb dumber. If 2 brothers are that far apart as a family...they've already lost something more valuable than a business. Idiots got what they deserved..and probably more bad news on the way as life goes on until they can realize what they already lost.
Loki

Vienna, WV

#16 Feb 21, 2013
I know parents that own businesses want to leave it to their children but I bet Paulie had some long time employees that could have taken over and done well. Sad to see it close, they use to have great pizza.
Monday Patron

Assumption, IL

#17 Feb 21, 2013
See my earlier post, right on the money with the previous help.

All these two needed to do was let things ride, manage the bigger things, and count the money!
bob geldof

United States

#18 Mar 3, 2013
Boomtown Rats wrote:
I don't like Mondays.
' tell me why? "
bobharleydavidso n

Latrobe, PA

#19 Apr 7, 2013
bob geldof wrote:
<quoted text>' tell me why? "
The dad Paulie, used to walk around the bar and talk to everybody. The two sons that took it over are douche bags. Petey reopened the bar but he has the personality of lint. The bar is not fun and the class of people that go there are bad. Used to be great place to go. Good people used to work there but the brothers fired them and had their ding dong girlfriends take over. cant stand Peteys girlfriend or him. My money spends elsewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TSI Derry 5 hr Hatesworkinghere 6
Red Apple Pooper 20 hr lol 4
Dr William Stitt DMD is a bigot (Sep '11) Dec 6 Rose 21
Latrobe McDonalds Dec 6 Pistol Pete 26
Citizens Fiber Dec 6 Esther 8
Taxes Going Up Dec 6 Fourth Ave Res 3
Derrys Facebook Page Dec 5 JTT 6

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance