steeler fan

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 6, 2014
I don't get it! Latrobe,Derry and Ligonier were not delayed or closed today. I live in town and out side streets are slippy and the main streets are slippy in areas. At least they should let them out early. Bundle up out there everyone and keep your pets inside.
steeler fan

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jan 6, 2014
Sorry my kids are not sissies. I am a parent that just wants her kids to be safe. With the temps going as low as they are. Kids, elderl, and dogs are at ricks of frostbite with in 20 mins of exposure to the weather.
ITSCOMING

Reading, PA

#4 Jan 6, 2014
It was in the high 20s lower 30s this morning. You'll have plenty of need for your children to be in delays and schools closed. I think it was a wonderful decision not to delay this morning. What would it have been for??
Slippy is not a word

Greensburg, PA

#5 Jan 6, 2014
Slippy is not a word and that's why the streets weren't cleared.
LOL

Greensburg, PA

#6 Jan 6, 2014
steeler fan wrote:
Sorry my kids are not sissies. I am a parent that just wants her kids to be safe. With the temps going as low as they are. Kids, elderl, and dogs are at ricks of frostbite with in 20 mins of exposure to the weather.
"Ricks of frostbite", maybe you should go to school for them. Imagine that, educated school leaders know what they are doing.
Lifeisgood

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jan 6, 2014
The frigid weather starts tonight and into tomorrow.
It was not frigid this morning.

I am happy this district is not jumping the gun with weather. There was no need for the surrounding schools to be delayed or closed.

Tomorrow will be a different story.
I get it

Latrobe, PA

#9 Jan 6, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ricks of frostbite", maybe you should go to school for them. Imagine that, educated school leaders know what they are doing.
Hey Steeler Fan be sure to cry about this post and have it removed as you did two others in this thread.

Don't like what someone has to say...have it removed. You must root for the nazi's when watching ww2 movies.

I pity your kids.
steeler fan

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jan 6, 2014
I get it wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Steeler Fan be sure to cry about this post and have it removed as you did two others in this thread.

Don't like what someone has to say...have it removed. You must root for the nazi's when watching ww2 movies.

I pity your kids.
Sorry but I did not removed any threads. One thing I'm not sorry for is looking out the safety of my kids. I thinks its just crazy that when the roads are icy and unsafe buses should not be out on the roads and kids don't have to stand and wait for buses when the temps are low. I bet you don't have kids or they are older and don't have to stand outside in these temps.
Lifeisgood

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jan 6, 2014
steeler fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but I did not removed any threads. One thing I'm not sorry for is looking out the safety of my kids. I thinks its just crazy that when the roads are icy and unsafe buses should not be out on the roads and kids don't have to stand and wait for buses when the temps are low. I bet you don't have kids or they are older and don't have to stand outside in these temps.
It was not too cold this morning.
Mountain Man

Latrobe, PA

#12 Jan 7, 2014
Lifeisgood wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not too cold this morning.
It is this morning.

-7 with a -25 windchill...cold!
really

Latrobe, PA

#13 Jan 7, 2014
today deserves the cancellation, anyone crying for one yesterday needs to pull up their big girl panties and realize you can't delay school for 1/2 inch of snow and temps of around 25.
steeler fan

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Jan 9, 2014
I only put this up because I care about my kids. I remember what it was like to walk to school in the winter. Granted I didn't have far to walk but when your in elementary school it still sucks. Back then there was not closing for the temps only when there was a ton of snow and that was few and far between. People need to be more awear of their kids health and well begin then bitch about people's spelling error and grammar errors. I have been told that I am stupid, to kill myself and so on. I would never tell a person that more matter what comes out of their mouths. You all should be ashamed. I bet the peopl that have said that to me have done it all along from the time they were kids. Grow up
WAWA

Latrobe, PA

#15 Jan 9, 2014
steeler fan wrote:
I only put this up because I care about my kids. I remember what it was like to walk to school in the winter. Granted I didn't have far to walk but when your in elementary school it still sucks. Back then there was not closing for the temps only when there was a ton of snow and that was few and far between. People need to be more awear of their kids health and well begin then bitch about people's spelling error and grammar errors. I have been told that I am stupid, to kill myself and so on. I would never tell a person that more matter what comes out of their mouths. You all should be ashamed. I bet the peopl that have said that to me have done it all along from the time they were kids. Grow up
Your whole post was off base, the day in question had less than 1 inch of snow, practically none when the early students left, the temp was above 25 on that day in the AM. The schools cancelled Tuesday and had a delay on Wednesday due to the weather, Monday had no reason to have either of those options on the table. Parents like you drive me nuts, pull up your big girl panties and be a role model for your children, don't give them excuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is happening to this perfect sleeper? 2 hr LOK 2
Pronounce "Latrobe" (Apr '13) 8 hr Jim Moz 26
heroin and narcan 11 hr Name1843 44
People that cheat the System (Feb '13) 19 hr Mayuka2846 120
Heroin Museum Tue haha 19
Home Inspections and Pennsylvania Law May 22 Renee 25
Allen Roth (Aug '12) May 22 Oink 39

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance