Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,321 - 183,340 of 200,597 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D will not green eggs and ham, not a plane, not on a train, not on a boat, not with a goat.....but he does like same sex marriage in a carriage.....Big D he be.
A few years ago wrote a set of potential wedding vows for my daughter in the style of Dr Seuss.

She kept them and had then framed, but she didn’t actually use them.

I promise you to hold and keep
and not to kill you in your sleep......etc
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

John 3:16-21
"For God so loved the world that he have His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world: but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned; but he that believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God, and this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Pastafarianism is a real religion.

Most of us do not believe a religion – Christianity, Islam, Pastafarianiasm – requires literal belief in order to provide spiritual enlightenment. That is, we can be part of a community without becoming indoctrinated. There are many levels of belief.

By design, the only dogma allowed in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the rejection of dogma. That is, there are no strict rules and regulations, there are no rote rituals and prayers and other nonsense. Every member has a say in what this church is and what it becomes.

To outsiders it makes us hard to define, but here are some general things that can be said about our beliefs:

» We believe pirates, the original Pastafarians, were peaceful explorers and it was due to Christian misinformation that they have an image of outcast criminals today

» We are fond of beer

» Every Friday is a Religious Holiday

» We do not take ourselves too seriously

» We embrace contradictions (though in that we are hardly unique)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday’s truths includes
People other than European are inferior genetically
The earth is flat
Slavery of populations is normal and natural and moral
Women are second class citizens
All stars orbit the earth including the sun and all planets
Protestants should be burned at the stake
Christians should be fed to lions
Leaves falling into water will spontaneously transform into fish over time
Your yesterdays truths are full of crap, and specifically not true
Whenever someone looks to history for morality it makes me laugh, transport them back to that time and they would be put to death for heresy for the truths of that time
These truths haven't changed, and you have NO answer for them

SS couples are only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

That's not hate or homophobia, it's unchangeable truth.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
These truths haven't changed, and you have NO answer for them
SS couples are only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Yes historical truths have changed

Women are not second class citizens

slavery is not moral and natural

Christians should not be burned at the stake for which cult of Christianity they belong to

and same sex marriage is now legal and recognized on the state and federal level.

Don’t look to history for morality, you wont find much there.

You expose your hatred with every post, thou dost protest too much

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes historical truths have changed
Women are not second class citizens
slavery is not moral and natural
Christians should not be burned at the stake for which cult of Christianity they belong to
and same sex marriage is now legal and recognized on the state and federal level.
Don’t look to history for morality, you wont find much there.
You expose your hatred with every post, thou dost protest too much
Irregardless, these truths haven't changed, and you still have NO answer for them

heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

oneboner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Don't wanna know...in fact, I am sick of seeing these 200,000 obsessive compulsive posts on the subject.
it is truly weird and it is past time to stop it..,.....but you cannot, can you?
Trust me......I will stop posting.
Let's agree, ok? Stop this weird arsed thread.
ya right.....one of your ilk will keep r going.....you just cannot help yourselves.
then, if you are as you say you are, "sick of seeing these 200,000 obsessive compulsive posts on the subject" why do you keep returning and adding to that large number of posts?

odd. entirely odd. or are you just fascinated and transfixed with a deep desire to express your own homosexuality?

you kept this thread going by your own posting! and your fellow comrades in arms do the same. i suggest that you tell your side to do the same thing & no longer post in this thread, since, afterall, you're sick of it.

LOL.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
then, if you are as you say you are, "sick of seeing these 200,000 obsessive compulsive posts on the subject" why do you keep returning and adding to that large number of posts?
odd. entirely odd. or are you just fascinated and transfixed with a deep desire to express your own homosexuality?
you kept this thread going by your own posting! and your fellow comrades in arms do the same. i suggest that you tell your side to do the same thing & no longer post in this thread, since, afterall, you're sick of it.
LOL.
Why was he obsessively reading the posts?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Irregardless, these truths haven't changed, and you still have NO answer for them
Regardless of fact? That is exactly how you are, you close your eyes to facts, plug your ears and pretend not to hear any facts so you can just believe what you want to believe, which we have already shown you many times is dead wrong.

You are inherently harmful, your hatred and obsession about what others are allowed to do is un-American, it is a psychological problem, it is called homophobia

The Historical truth that slavery was natural and normal changed

The historical truth that women were second class citizens changed

Even the pure belief/truth of the covenant with man in old testament was changed by your god.

You God disagrees with you about truth
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
Dear heartandmind, We will not write back to anyone individually anymore, for we believe it is a waste of our time.
I am only going to address a few things right now that you brought up. We have a family member that has had mental illness for much of her life. She had been in a day by day clinic that we took her to and she got so sick that she came out as they would put it (zombie state) and that is when they shuffle when they walk and they are not themselves. This is because of the nasty drugs they push down ones throat. We did not take her anymore because her condition was so bad, so God did intervene and I heard a message over TV that was for me, so I got up laid hands on her and she started to pull out of it. We took her to a neurologist and he could not believe what she had been through because he had seen her a few times when we had taken her to the clinic. She completly pulled out of the state she was in because God was healing her fast. I had volunteered at this clinic for many years as a singing director and I stayed there on the the days we took the family member and I saw everything there was to see in mental illness. Three of them commmitted Suicide and one of them was overdrugged and fell in the street and died at the age of 23. We believe if the clinic would have allowed me or my husband to witness Christ to these people, we may have helped some of them. We sincerly believe that this can happen. We had a ministry for 10 years with no money involved and people would come and not be interested in the Bible, but liked the fellowship, but let me tell you when some of them had a crisis in their lives, 2 of them came knocking at our door in the middle of the night and one of them was on the verge of committing suicide because of adultry. We have been married for 55 years and we have been in lots of denominations and we finally got back into the Bible for Christ Holy Spirit is the only teacher (First John 2:27). We believe that God put us together for his service. We knew a psychologist who was a Christian and he helped many people. You do not need a psychiatist, you need Christ and we have seen this first hand experience. We know of alot of homosexuals that have been saved and come straight as a result of someone out there helping them in their sins and now they are married with children. Thank you for your comment to us.
your family member, then, had a neurological condition that was misdiagnosed.

my partner and i have been together now coming up on 26 yrs and are raising 3 kids together. like you, we firmly believe that god brought us together, put us on a path. you may disagree with that path, but that's your perogotive.

"come straight"....i bet if you spoke with them quietly and they trusted you completely (which is hard to accurately gauge from your stand point) they'd most likely tell you that inside, they still feel the same way. they still are attracted to the same sex. which is exactly what those people that have been through exodus tell us. you turn your back on the reality & choose to believe what you want to believe.

i've seen what you and others like you have wrought on kids and our society. the story ain't pretty, darlin', as my old aunt finley would say when i was growing up. you fail to see the results because you're not around that end of things. you fail to see what happens after you've passed on your tidbits of biblical passages with that cold smile. you and others like you have offered nothing to help these children. it is you and others like you that have fostered westboro. you may not say the word "hate" but you convey that message quite clearly. more clearly than the message of love you profess to be sending.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was he obsessively reading the posts?
yup. LOL.

as ol' bugsy would say on saturday morning comics "what a maroon"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of fact? That is exactly how you are, you close your eyes to facts, plug your ears and pretend not to hear any facts so you can just believe what you want to believe, which we have already shown you many times is dead wrong.
You are inherently harmful, your hatred and obsession about what others are allowed to do is un-American, it is a psychological problem, it is called homophobia
The Historical truth that slavery was natural and normal changed
The historical truth that women were second class citizens changed
Even the pure belief/truth of the covenant with man in old testament was changed by your god.
You God disagrees with you about truth
Delusional denial.

Dismissed.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's just it, VV, we DO get to have it both ways. We get to decide what was correct from the past, and we get to learn what wasn't right. See? Easy, huh? We have the luxury of not having to be trapped by your faulty logic quiz....
Sorry if that messed up your carefully crafted conundrum, hope you didn't put too much time into that one....
My point, which I think you make, is that we are not dependent on how history for determining the way we act.

Kim seems bent on using history.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
yup. LOL.
as ol' bugsy would say on saturday morning comics "what a maroon"
And all I can feel for Susan is pity.

One of those poor people that just cannot see facts, only what they are told to believe.

She doesn’t even comprehend the harm she causes with her mental blindness. I actually believe she means well, but as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions ( not that I believe in a hell )

Fortunately their ilk is in decline
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional denial.
Dismissed.
You are dismissed as a failure, same sex couples are indeed married by the only authorities, state and federal law. They are married, whither you like it or not, whether you recognize it or not, it is a fact, and your ignorance of the fact, does not change the fact

You are now dismissed
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dismissed as a failure, same sex couples are indeed married by the only authorities, state and federal law. They are married, whither you like it or not, whether you recognize it or not, it is a fact, and your ignorance of the fact, does not change the fact
You are now dismissed
Too funny! I can see why you don't believe in God. You think you're in charge and don't want the competition.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some new material, you parrot. Nobody buys your notions.

Gay couples can have a loving, marital relationship; just like the millions of heterosexual married couples who base their relationships on love and have no intention of having children for whatever reason.

And you yammer on about the harmful effects of anal sex. How people want to have sex is their business. If it were as harmful as you say, every straight and gay person who has ever engaged in anal sex would be ill. And they aren't.

Your beliefs about why people should marry and how they should have sex are intrusive.

I will bring you back to your "boundaries exercise", in which you stand up, hold your arms out to your side, spin in a circle, and say to yourself "This is my personal space. I get to control what happens in my space. I should not seek to control anything outside of my space."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Pastafarianism is a real religion.
Except it's followers don't really believe in it. Making it a joke and not a real religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>If the thought of anal sex upsets you. Stop thinking about it.
Sterility has nothing to do with marriage.
The truth is this, you are obsessed with two mwn having sex. Get over it.
Procreation is not a requirement for marriage. But it is one of the biggest reason marriage was invented.

You'll find it very frustrating to keep arguing otherwise. Like beating a dead jackass.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

To heartandmind,

I hope that you did not misunderstand me, but the family member is not homosexual at all. They have never been married, but lives with us and homsexuality is something that they talk about all them time and are disgusted with the whole thing. She feels like we do that if the homosexuals feel that they are normal, then they should prove they are by having children normally. At the clinic that she was at, we do not know if there were any homosexuals, but they had extreme mental illness and 3 of them committed suicide. I happen to know 2 people who were homosexuals when they were young and one of them became a Christian and feels guilty that they ever did such a thing and are married with children. The other one says that they had accepted Christ when they were younger, but does not take it as seriously as we do, but is married now with 1 child and now hates homosexuality and regrets that they were ever a homosexual. We truly believe that God can do anything if you put your full trust in Him. Like our family member, when I was at a loss and was depending on the clinic to help her, I happen to see a Christian Program and they said that there is a woman out there by my name and there will be a healing for a family member and I said that was for me, I laid hands on her and she started acting more normal and got better day by day. I do not know if you have ever experienced healings, but we have seen them face to face. One of my sons had kidney disease at the age of 12 and was in the hospital for 1 week with all the sympthoms and we had our Christian Friends go over everyday to the hospital to pray and one week later the doctor was going to take my son on a helicopter to another city to have him checked out and the day we went to the hospital to watch them put him on the helicopter, the doctor came to us and said, I do not know what happened to your son in the middle of the night, but he is well today and that was 38 years ago and has never had any kidney problems again, so I know first hand experience what God can do. I for myself had a severe mental problem with panic attacks over 50 years ago and it took awhile for me to recover, but I never saw a phychiatrist and I turned to God and he helped me and I have overcome that fear. The family member was not misdiagnosed at all, we all knew what was wrong with her, but we worked with her without medicine and prayed continually about her condition and she has overcome her problem. We know what God can do if we Trust in Him and Obey all His Commandments. We watch Christian programs alot and Study the Scriptures regularly. My husband leads Bible Studies and we no not belong to any Church which means (called out) in greek. God's Temple is not made with hands as if he needed any (that is found in Acts chapter 17 where Apostle Paul was speaking at Athens, Greece). We are committed in trying to help those out there that we have come in contact with. When you mentioned that these people that we know that were homosexuals, believe me that they have no feelings anymore about the same sex at all. They are disgusted with the whole idea and it makes them sick to their stomach. God can help anyone with any sin. I use to gamble and gave it up cold turkey because I was getting overwhelmed by the whole idea of winning money and God one day had a situation appear to me and I ran from it, so I was delivered completely. Out of all the years that my husband and I have been in a ministry, we have been with lots of people with different types of sin and they came out of sin and God delivered them. We know a family of 7 people who had a complete miracle and came to Christ because there family was going down the tubes. So, you may have different experiences, but you have not been where we have been. Sorry that I am clumping all of this together. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Laton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 48 min Eaddae 4,978
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed facts faced 15,929
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Aug 18 Mudflys to 7,901
Summer travel brings garden tips from around th... Aug 8 whatisyourneed 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Aug 6 starbucks 2,262
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel Jul 24 Elders of Zion 26
kingsburg the hush , hush town (Feb '06) Jul '14 sum yung cock 39

Search the Laton Forum:
•••
•••
Laton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Laton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000