set the record straight

Posted in the Latham Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Jan 15, 2012
It seems to me that me and (OH MY)have a difference of opinion so lets put it to a VOTE just to be fair about our problem.She seems to be more worried about my grammer then the problem at hand.How many people think JR LONG got his money through hard work,and helping his hometown grow,or, how many think JR LONG got his money through draining LATHAM dry and not investing back into his hometown.This should be a no brainer for anyone who has been in contact with the LONG family.So lets be honest,my opinion is he married into money and added to his riches through the lottery and taking advantage of his fellow man with no intentions of putting any back into the pot so his hometown could grow.There it is lets here from all of you mabe i am wrong.
Oh my

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Jan 15, 2012
Before we do any "voting", I have a few things to say. The only reason I have an issue with his grammar is because in order to be taken seriously, you should appear to have intelligence (yes, I know, you had 12 years of school without failing. Bravo.) I'm not saying Jr. didn't do all you claim, I don't know the truth, but let's say, for the sake of argument, that he did, what are you doing about it? Complaining and spreading vicious rumors on Topix isn't going to solve anything. And slandering his grandchildren is just a low blow. I know a few of them personally and they are good people.

Oh, and this is just good old fashioned curiousity, but why did you assume I was a female?
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Jan 18, 2012
Dont feel bad, i dont know a single person who could come up with anything good the longs have done to better anyone but there selves.But i am still waiting so if you think of anything let me know.
old school

Circleville, OH

#6 Jan 18, 2012
Oh my wrote:
Before we do any "voting", I have a few things to say. The only reason I have an issue with his grammar is because in order to be taken seriously, you should appear to have intelligence (yes, I know, you had 12 years of school without failing. Bravo.) I'm not saying Jr. didn't do all you claim, I don't know the truth, but let's say, for the sake of argument, that he did, what are you doing about it? Complaining and spreading vicious rumors on Topix isn't going to solve anything. And slandering his grandchildren is just a low blow. I know a few of them personally and they are good people.
Oh, and this is just good old fashioned curiousity, but why did you assume I was a female?
maybe he dont have the best grammer or may make a mistake in spelling from time to time but that doesent mean hes not intellegentor shouldnt be taken seriously.makes you sound dumb for saying sutch a thing but once again the truth hurts
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Jan 18, 2012
Yea (OH MY)has done a little reserch on the longs and found out its going to be alot tougher then she thought to answer my questions.I am guessing she was once a member of the family and is still trying to as@kiss her way back into the family.But dont feel bad there probably out helping the poor and dont have time for her anymore.
who cares

United States

#8 Jan 19, 2012
u who ever wrote this to get this started well i dont know what they did to piss in your cherros. But u must not lived around here very long. Because when jr had the store i know he did help out those people who needed food or gas he would let them get it and pay when they could he even got out in the winter time and haul wood to help keep kids warm because their parents ask for help because alot of parents wouldnt get off their lazy asses to do it their self. yeah, longs may have their fault but, who in this world dont asshole!
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Jan 21, 2012
(WHO CARES),I said give reasons that did not benifit them.Sure he would let them run a bill,what store dont,thats one way to get that welfare money everyone complains about.You are going to have to come up with something in which money is not envolved,has he ever actually give some poor family food or wood out of the kindness of his heart.That man would do anything to get a dollar.Alot of the reason for a bill at the store,or a load of wood from his many clearcuts he has made in the area,is nothing more then his greed for money.Ive been here 40 years,and i have never seen him personally,load his truck down with wood and haul it to someones house.And as for a bill at his store,it was not, pay when they could,it was give me your walfare check on the first, or you dont have a bill no more.If he ever hauled a load of wood it was because he was ashamed of the run down house or trailor he was renting them.He has thousands of acres of land,. do you think he would give one stick of fire wood away for free.I would much rather be an as@hole then an as@kisser.
Oh my

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Jan 21, 2012
Prove that he didn't do that out of the kindness of his heart. Prove that he hauled wood just because he was ashamed. You keep asking for proof, so prove that you're a damned mind-reader. Because that's pretty much what you're claiming. Clearly you have a huge chip on your shoulder. And no, I'm not a suck up (as you've accused me several times), I'm not a Long, nor have I ever been (again, you accused me of such), and I know that it says I live in Londonderry, but I have no idea why. I live in Latham, so yes, I do know what's going on. Now, chill.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#11 Jan 21, 2012
Last time i checked,out of the kindness of ones heart meant doing something for free and if you mean by letting someone run a bill so there money would not be spent elsewere,then i guess that is your opinion.And for being ashamed,have you seen all the run down rentals in which those children he brings wood to have to live in,theres no other word to describe it other then to be ashamed.Everyone knows he sales his wood,no kindness,nothing to do with his heart,just plain ol business.With his money there should be no reason he cant put his renters in better housing and by better i mean one that has all the windows and door still attached.Its people like you in which i would love to see end up in one of those run down rentals,and then mabe you would have a clue about this great person in which you defend.Like i said, its just my opinion,and if you would rather defend someone who has made a living off of the poor peoples walefare checks instead of defending the ones who have to live in some of the dumps he rents,then that is yours.
Oh my

Chillicothe, OH

#12 Jan 21, 2012
Sorry, but nothing you just said constitutes as proof.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Jan 21, 2012
Hey OL MY i see you have judged my post again,thats ok most people cant handle the truth,why should someone like you be any different.Why dont you run on over to JR longs and see if he has any free fire wood,or give you money for groceries.All i can say for dumbas@es like you is you better have a back up plan because if you depend on the kindness of jr long you will be one cold,starving individual.I wish i could read minds i could help you get out of that fantasy world you live in.LOL<LOL<LOL,Like i said so many times before,these are just my opinions,agree or dissagree,anyone who lives in latham knows who helps who to survive.
Oh my

Chillicothe, OH

#14 Jan 21, 2012
Again, you are making assumptions. You assume I judged your post (I didn't), you assume I rely on others (I don't), you assume I don't live in the real world (I do). Every time you post, it is full of assumptions and hypocrisies. I think it's time for you to shhhhhhhhhhhhh.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Jan 21, 2012
(JUDGEING MY POST)You did, it dont take a genious to figure that one out,and if you did not,sorry,mabe there is someone else on here jr helps on a daily basis.(RELY ON OTHERS),did i say you rely on jr long ,NO,i just wanting you to ask the man a question and give me the answer, thats all,i wasnt assuming you are less fortunate.(REAL WORLD)So you are going to tell me, and EVERYONE listening, that making people live in squaller and filth, when you have the money to at least put them in a rental worth renting,making the land around our town one big clearcut,keeping business out of latham so they cant compete with longs park,you call that the real world,so sad,the poor man dont have a chance dealing with people like you
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Jan 21, 2012
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhit,thats what some people our full of.
Oh my

Chillicothe, OH

#17 Jan 21, 2012
Hush you. I won't be able to respond again today, because you see, I have a life.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Jan 21, 2012
Yea and a sad one at that.
Oh my

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Jan 23, 2012
Actually, my life is quite happy. Crash, you're making assumptions again.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Jan 23, 2012
Well, i will give you a little advice then,dont speak to me or that happy feeling you have will be turned into a pis@ed off feeling.LOL,LOL,LOL.
nobody

United States

#21 Jan 23, 2012
Its sad how jealous people are of anyone who makes something of himself, in this world. Jr could of moved his family to any part of the country that was more economically sound and made the investments he did and probably would of tripled his money. But no, he played the lottery (shame on him for winning). How many other people that won the lottery, would of donate a dime? He invested his winnings in a profitable manner ( again, shame on him for being smart). He built a store ( there again, shame on him for taking his earnings from his investments and building a business). And he let MANY people charge WITHOUT paying interest. And when he sold the store, MANY people left him "holding the bag" for all of the gas, groceries, cigarettes, beer that They had bought. Shame on Jr. for letting that happen and not pressing charges on those who thought more of themselves than to even attempt to pay for their needs. It's sad that this part of Pike County wants EVERYTHING given to them. I'm far from being wealthy, but I pay my bills. I've struggled financially, but never once asked for a handout even though I could of used one. We don't know all about what people do just what we see or think we see on the outside looking in. Thats like the school. So much of our land taxes go to funding Western. The more land that is developed, the more money the school gets. Western is the ONLY school in Pike County that isn't running in the red. But if people like Jr., Skid Montgomery, Karen Chandler... didn't invest their livelyhood in Western Pike County then Latham wouldn't be what it is today, and Western wouldn't be running. Maybe Chrash should think before you speak.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#22 Jan 23, 2012
(Move family),why move i own it all.(Make investments),i do,i buy cheap land, slaughter the timber, then sell it for three times what its worth.(Do i triple my money), hel@ yea thats how billion airs roll.(How i got on the lottery),took a entry ticket in on a beer bill won thousands.(shame on him for taking advantage of a drunk).(I built me a store),just to put Howard Bowls out of business.(shame on him for what he done to howard)(I let people run a store bill),just so i would get all the welfare money everyone complains about.(shame on him for being like every other country store).I filled my town with run down rentals,and clear cuts to lower your property value.(shame on him for making your house worth less).Jealous of that you have fell and bumped your head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trash house 10 min Giant Killer 25
Drew Hastings you must go 21 min Giant Killer 58
hillsboro dog pound 36 min Giant Killer 14
harley culp 1 hr Harley 35
shaylyn mccoy 2 hr haha 7
needle junkies add the ones you know. 3 hr dan 26
Tara Elliott 3 hr Mindy Tong 32
More from around the web

Latham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE