Body Found In Vegas Desert Identified

Body Found In Vegas Desert Identified

There are 2 comments on the KVVU-TV Henderson story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Body Found In Vegas Desert Identified. In it, KVVU-TV Henderson reports that:

LAS VEGAS -- A woman found dead July 4 in a desert area in southwest Las Vegas was identified Monday as 54-year-old Carmen Tolbert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVVU-TV Henderson.

Rubye Hayden

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Jul 13, 2010
My name is Rubye Hayden and my sister is Carmen Tolbert. I live in Seattle Washington and came down on Saturday after the Las Vegas Police Department came and spoke with my mother and 14 year old niece. They were told that there was a body in the desert and the body could possibly be my sister. However they told my mother that they did not have a positive ID. They said they woud return on
Tuesday with a report from the coroner. In the meantime as early as July fourth they went around the neighborhood telling all of my mothers neighbors and friends that the body they found was Carmen. Why not tell my mother the next of kin. Why does my 14 year old niece have to hear it from neighbors. Why do we get condolence calls from people when we were still holding out hope? Why does my sisters daughter serving in Afghanistan have to read about her mothers death on the internet! I am from Seattle and we do things a little different there. We would never allow the next of kin be treated in such a imapproiate way. Carmen was my baby sister and I love her so very much. I was holding out hope but also waiting for the police department to notify us the next of kin not the local news stations. How dare you Las Vegas Police department treat my family so shably at the time that they would need your help the most!
Angel Lash

United States

#2 Jul 16, 2010
I agree with Mrs. Hayden. That is terrible how the Las Vegas Police Dept. is handling this case. They don't seem to be seeking justice at all for this crime. And its a shame the the family of the victim is being treated so poorly especially during their time of grievance. I hope that the LVPD get it together, quick, fast and in a hurry and solve this mystery and try to bring some closure to Carmen Tolbert's family and loved ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Vegas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Snyder (Feb '15) Mon Boomer 317 35
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Las Vegas Centennial (Nov '13) Jul 25 beckselby 97
I love kickboxing Centennial Jul 25 steffer222 2
Las Vegas is the next Atlantic City and Detroit Jul 25 Local 7
Las Vegas Buffets: Blame The Democrats Jul 24 Local 1
Best Facebook Post of the day! Jul 24 Local 2
News Immigration Activist Accuses Heck Staffer of As... Jul 24 kiljoy 2

Las Vegas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance