Review: Mega Toms Burgers
DHH

Las Vegas, NV

#22 Mar 19, 2012
Dont let "bad service" or "expensive" stop you from trying Toms. The food is made to order, so that means youre not getting something thats just been sitting there "heating up". In case you don't believe that, watch the cooks, you can see them clear as day! The food is great, if you want what youre use to go down the street to Mcdonalds or Jack in the box. If price is your problem, maybe youre not looking at what youre ordering. These burgers are charboiled, how you want them with what you want on them. Different from anything in Vegas. And if youre experiencing bad customer service, tell the manager. Or tell that person. Youre not just suppose to accept it, youre the customer! But just because youre the customer doesnt mean youre always right. The waiter or waitress are people too, if a mistake is made, on your part or theirs, getting upset doesnt make the situation any better. At toms if its their fault, theyll make your food over so why complain? And who else in vegas has pastrami that good?! If youre still put off, ask someone from Cali about Toms guaranteed theyll tell you how good the food is!
JOE

Las Vegas, NV

#23 Apr 2, 2012
Sorry Bob, have to disagree with L.A Pastrami. I'm from L.A and they do not have a L.A pastrami. I guess when i'm used to THE HAT, I can be a little judgemental. I'm going to try Toms at lunch and i'm praying its as good as L.A. Seems like nothing in Vegas taste as good as anyones
Mr.Rod

North Las Vegas, NV

#24 Apr 2, 2012
McDonalds has the best burgers on the planet....
JOE

Las Vegas, NV

#25 Apr 2, 2012
JOE wrote:
Sorry Bob, have to disagree with L.A Pastrami. I'm from L.A and they do not have a L.A pastrami. I guess when i'm used to THE HAT, I can be a little judgemental. I'm going to try Toms at lunch and i'm praying its as good as L.A. Seems like nothing in Vegas taste as good as anyones
Just had it for lunch. Fricken Awesome. Burger just like Cali, Chili cheese fries, huge. Can't wait to try the Pastrami.
Carl

Las Vegas, NV

#26 Apr 13, 2012
bob wrote:
You guys need to try Sammy's la Pastrami and Burgers. They are out of LA and have been here in Vegas for 10 years. They have 2 stores and the place has amazing food.
sorry man Sammy's sucks and is very expensive Toms is it hands down
Satisfied

Atlanta, GA

#27 Apr 20, 2012
First and foremost haters will always hate.For 5 years ive been waiting for a la style hamburger stand to open and finally its here.The food is awesome the place is always clean and the service has always been great.We have been there numerous times and have never had a problem the black girl with the braids has always been polite and curtious.The hispanic girl is always nice and has a smile on her face everytime she takes our order she is nice.Oh i forgot to mention i know a little something about customer service i have been a manager for 8 years in a big retail store and i know customer service like the back of my hand.So to those people that are reading this give mega toms a try you will be satisfied with the overall value of the service and food...thanks
Carl

Greenville, SC

#28 Apr 21, 2012
I have a friend that works at Toms and he jerks off on the hamburgers. It's my favorite place to eat.

“Sunrise”

Since: Feb 12

Henderson, NV

#29 Apr 22, 2012
I think the food there is really good!
Angel

Las Vegas, NV

#30 Apr 30, 2012
Very greasy double carne arsada tacos that are just horrible to be served and you expected me to ENJOY? Both corn tortillas were soaked threw and laying in a pool of grease. Get your act together and have some pride in what comes out of your kitchen.....and having a tip jar at the registar?? I work construction and I've had better food at a roach couch and that's saying alot buddy. Hey, to your cook; wash up before going back on the line and hugging your daughter, friend....ect. Or blackin the windows so people have less to look at and be appalled.
E Montana

Las Vegas, NV

#31 May 2, 2012
A reply to the Manager of Toms,
I think your comment was pretty dumb of you, if you are who you say you are! First of all, your not accepting the fact that some of these people are upset about the service they recieved. I've been here and everytime it has been different so accept the fact that sometimes your restaurant provides bad customer service! How can you say that the reviews are false! Second, not taking accountability for orders taken wrong. How can you say that orders that were wrong were because of people that are "Reeking of marijuana smell" and/or drunk! Basically stereotyping your customers because of where it's located! Not only do you sound dumb but you sound a bit racist! I will continue going here because it's the first of it's kind here in Vegas (I'm from Los Angeles) but your just making people not want to try because of your immature comments! I know your trying to respond to the bad reviews, which overall I think no Manager/Owner should never do, but you have to be more professional with your comments! I believe if your the Manager/Owner you should not reply to bad reviews of your own restaurant, you should do something about it and observe if the comments are true or not! At least reply back with a fake name of something!
mandii

United States

#34 Jun 9, 2012
Great food. Never minded the wait. Or the price. But beware on the salads they charge for extra dressing then only fill the cups 1/4 of the way..everytime.. bad customer service. But hey we are in the ghetto. Even the manager fires back with comments that are innapropriate online. Well sir I wasn't drunk nor was I high any of the times I visited your establishment. I however was not pleased with the services and will no longer spend money with this place. My family of 4 will go elsewhere..
mandii

United States

#35 Jun 9, 2012
E Montana wrote:
A reply to the Manager of Toms,
I think your comment was pretty dumb of you, if you are who you say you are! First of all, your not accepting the fact that some of these people are upset about the service they recieved. I've been here and everytime it has been different so accept the fact that sometimes your restaurant provides bad customer service! How can you say that the reviews are false! Second, not taking accountability for orders taken wrong. How can you say that orders that were wrong were because of people that are "Reeking of marijuana smell" and/or drunk! Basically stereotyping your customers because of where it's located! Not only do you sound dumb but you sound a bit racist! I will continue going here because it's the first of it's kind here in Vegas (I'm from Los Angeles) but your just making people not want to try because of your immature comments! I know your trying to respond to the bad reviews, which overall I think no Manager/Owner should never do, but you have to be more professional with your comments! I believe if your the Manager/Owner you should not reply to bad reviews of your own restaurant, you should do something about it and observe if the comments are true or not! At least reply back with a fake name of something!
I agree..very well stated
Thomas

Anaheim, CA

#36 Jun 13, 2012
E Montana wrote:
A reply to the Manager of Toms,
I think your comment was pretty dumb of you, if you are who you say you are! First of all, your not accepting the fact that some of these people are upset about the service they recieved. I've been here and everytime it has been different so accept the fact that sometimes your restaurant provides bad customer service! How can you say that the reviews are false! Second, not taking accountability for orders taken wrong. How can you say that orders that were wrong were because of people that are "Reeking of marijuana smell" and/or drunk! Basically stereotyping your customers because of where it's located! Not only do you sound dumb but you sound a bit racist! I will continue going here because it's the first of it's kind here in Vegas (I'm from Los Angeles) but your just making people not want to try because of your immature comments! I know your trying to respond to the bad reviews, which overall I think no Manager/Owner should never do, but you have to be more professional with your comments! I believe if your the Manager/Owner you should not reply to bad reviews of your own restaurant, you should do something about it and observe if the comments are true or not! At least reply back with a fake name of something!
1. Where in the entire comment does the "manager " make a remark about race?
2.no where in his comment does he dispute anything about poor service, he simply points out that they are new and struggling to get there act together , but at a full effort to do just that.
3. About the comments about marijuana and drinking , if you work in the food service business especially of this sort, you will see the correlation between these substances and drive thru an phone order prank and at the quantity and how often that they happen.
4. Your comment starts out by calling him dumb, and that his response is dumb. And you advise for him to use a fake name.
What above makes you believe you have any good points .
By standers perspective. Just saying ...
E Montana

Las Vegas, NV

#37 Jun 14, 2012
Thomas,

I think you should definitely read what he wrote again. He wrote "I have to admit this location is hard to service, with the all TOO happy drive through customers that reek of marijuana and act silly when they are ordering and it is nearly impossible to understand what they want" He might not have meant it in a racist way but definitely stereotyped his customers because of where It's located!

He also wrote "I promise especially with my cameras and state of the art registers that the ORDERS ARE NOT WRONG." That sounds like he's disputing the bad customer service to me.

As for your third point, even if this is true, the "Manager/Owner" should not entirely blame it on that for the bad customer service his employees are providing because I am certain that 95% of the customers were 100% sober.

Your fourth point, I was just upset that he mentioned the bad reviews were coming from drunk/high people. And about telling him to reply with a fake name? I was just playing with him, looks like it might have worked.

Keep in mind, I will continue to go to this place because the food is great! I just left my 2 cents because I personally experienced the bad customer service multiple times and I can assure you I was sober.
Thomas

Apple Valley, CA

#38 Jun 14, 2012
You have to keep in mind that this is not a review website, nor is it a respectable website whatsoever.
Look at the city from where the comment was made,I happen to know the family that owns this joint they are great hard working people and Greek just like most of the people that own joints like this ,they only managers on site there, and it is a father and son, which both live in Las Vegas and are there almost everyday. So i dont know who this guy in Moreno Valley is and it does not matter because this website itself is not where you go to look up legit information of this sort those websites would be called: google review, yelp, or foursquare. This is like the back ally-way of a dirty city.
ANYONE CAN POST AND CLAIM THEY HAVE WHATEVER POSITION AND MAKE WHATEVER STATEMENTS , THIS IS A FORUM NOT A BUSINESS REVIEW.
Raydot

California City, CA

#39 Jun 14, 2012
Mega Tom Burgers are really good if you like vomit. I mean I ordered the double tommy burger and it looked like vomit. It looked like they put puke colored sauce with chunky mushroom and chopped onions that looked like maggots. I will never ever never go back to that place again. Needless to say I puked all of it up all over the sidewalk. As I hobbled away I noticed people were walking thrugh my vomit. Im thinking maybe go to Boulder Station for a jelly filled donut and a big o'l hot pretzel, may even grab a beer at the sports bar and watch all the illegal aliens cash their checks. It's the least I can do after throwing up a double Tom Mega Burger. It's nice and cool inside Boulder Station and the urinals in the bathroom are clean. I'm gonna give Boulder Station Three Stars *** And across the street at Danny's How about two stars ** and across Boulder at the Do Drop I'm going to give them ten stars ********** Hey does anyone know if the rag head still works at the 7-11 on Boulder and Lamb? Man I sure miss pumpin gas at nite and watching the cock roaches scamper across the parking lot looking for free hand outs from the black prostitutes standing by the 7-11 door. Truly an antamologists dream.
E Montana

Las Vegas, NV

#40 Jun 15, 2012
Thomas wrote:
You have to keep in mind that this is not a review website, nor is it a respectable website whatsoever.
Look at the city from where the comment was made,I happen to know the family that owns this joint they are great hard working people and Greek just like most of the people that own joints like this ,they only managers on site there, and it is a father and son, which both live in Las Vegas and are there almost everyday. So i dont know who this guy in Moreno Valley is and it does not matter because this website itself is not where you go to look up legit information of this sort those websites would be called: google review, yelp, or foursquare. This is like the back ally-way of a dirty city.
ANYONE CAN POST AND CLAIM THEY HAVE WHATEVER POSITION AND MAKE WHATEVER STATEMENTS , THIS IS A FORUM NOT A BUSINESS REVIEW.
Thomas,
I knew that you were either had to be an employee, a family member/friend, or the same person. I'm sure that the post came from somebody that Owned/Worked for the company because I don't think just anyone would really be so butt hurt about the bad reviews. I agree with you about the website though. I just stumbled upon it when I was looking for the directions of this place. Even though the website is not a review website people just so happen to be complaining about the bad customer service. That just goes to show you how pissed some of these customers are. I have left a review on Google too. The reviews there are not looking so well either and also looks like the same guy who posted here, posted there as well. I'm done going back and forth though.
Well Thomas tell your friends that own the place that I absolutely love there food and I am most grateful that they actually opened one here in Vegas. I know bad customer service is fixable so I trust they would definitely address it. Besides, It's only sometimes.
Peace!
E Montana

Las Vegas, NV

#41 Jun 15, 2012
E Montana wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas,
I knew that you were either had to be an employee, a family member/friend, or the same person. I'm sure that the post came from somebody that Owned/Worked for the company because I don't think just anyone would really be so butt hurt about the bad reviews. I agree with you about the website though. I just stumbled upon it when I was looking for the directions of this place. Even though the website is not a review website people just so happen to be complaining about the bad customer service. That just goes to show you how pissed some of these customers are. I have left a review on Google too. The reviews there are not looking so well either and also looks like the same guy who posted here, posted there as well. I'm done going back and forth though.
Well Thomas tell your friends that own the place that I absolutely love there food and I am most grateful that they actually opened one here in Vegas. I know bad customer service is fixable so I trust they would definitely address it. Besides, It's only sometimes.
Peace!
Oh yea one more thing. Please tell him to stop saying that his customers are high or drunk! Lol!
Raydot

California City, CA

#42 Jun 15, 2012
The first thing we gotta do is change the name. I mean Mega Toms Burgers sounds so gawd awful. Now we need to put a real burger out in front. How about a double cheese with juicy 3 inch cockroaches from the strip, you know by the airport across from Mandalay Bay. My gawd! I have seen those bugs at 6 inches right on the sidewalk flipped over on their backs with all their legs wiggling. Yeah I know, what happend there. Well I don't know, maybe a tourist had some bug spray or somethin. Lets go with "Mr. Tommy's "Double Juicy Cockroach Burger" only $3 dollars and a large cup of Lake Mead water with ice. The cup will have a picture of Tom's mug with a cockroach crawling out of his mouth. Hey what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

“Sunrise”

Since: Feb 12

Henderson, NV

#43 Jun 27, 2012
I think I'm gonna be sick now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Vegas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why does God allow infatuations that's not mean... (Jan '15) Tue dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 5
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Las Vegas (Nov '13) Mon Jen 95
pawn star shop Mon Raydot 6
Patrick Toomey -married man Mon Raydot 3
roxys in las vegas..got the blues (Apr '14) May 1 Jayo 5
News Lombardo: Surge in violent Las Vegas crime 'kee... May 1 Roddy Piper71 1
Derek Wise Apr 30 that1person31392 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Vegas Mortgages