Volunteer Firefighter on Trial for Mu...

Volunteer Firefighter on Trial for Murder

There are 6 comments on the KXNT-AM Las Vegas story from Mar 9, 2007, titled Volunteer Firefighter on Trial for Murder. In it, KXNT-AM Las Vegas reports that:

Posted: Friday, 09 March 2007 10:29AM Volunteer Firefighter on Trial for Murder A local volunteer firefighter has been ordered to stand trial on murder charges for the death of a romantic rival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXNT-AM Las Vegas.

Bill Nix

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Mar 10, 2007
It would be a good idea to report the facts. Hartzog was never in a fight with Troy Nenstiel. Hartzog stopped his truck in front of Troy blocking his way, shot out the tire of Troy's truck; ordered him out of the truck and started shooting Troy while Troy's hands were in the air. Hartzog shot Troy in the shoulder, chest and then chased Troy shooting him in the back as Troy ran screaming in pain. He then shot Troy as he lie on the ground dying. The sole witness to the murder said that Hartzog chased and shot Troy like a turkey.

The day that ambushing and shooting an unarmed man to death in cold blood is veiwed as self-defense is a day I hope never to live to see.
J Dean

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Mar 10, 2007
It's clear that Hartzog intended to kill Troy Nenstiel otherwise why would he have driven down the mountain ahead of him and stopped in an area where Troy could not escape: with high bushes on either side of that narrow mountain road. Then Hartzog shot out the tire of Troy's truck insuring that Troy could not use the vehicle to protect himself and the young lady he was helping; or, more ominously, that the murderer's ex-girlfiend would not be able to help get Troy to medical attention after Hartzog shot him. It is obvious that Hartzog considered the fact that Troy was pulling a fully loaded trailer behind him and would not be able to escape through the desert in planning his ambush.
A McHeun

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Mar 10, 2007
Why would Hartzog, a volunteer fireman with medical training leave the scene of a shooting to get help from another volunteer fireman instead of helping his victim? Answer: Because he intended to murder the man. It seems that Hartzog simply left Troy Nenstiel to die -- especially since the girlfriend could not by herself get Troy into the truck and Hartzog had shot out the truck tire.
Hartzog just ran to get a friend to help him out of getting the death penalty. I doubt that will work. People on a jury aren't that stupid Mr. Hartzog.
J Timpson

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Mar 10, 2007
I hope the press can be accurate in their reporting. It's a sad day when the victim is dragged through the mud.
T Pope

Henderson, NV

#5 Sep 21, 2007
Troy has been my friend for 28 yrs and for this to be done to hime is heartbreaking. Troy would give anyone the shirt off his back. This was not self-defense this was cold blooded murder and this person needs to pay for the crime they have commited. Troy was someone that I loved very much, he was a good person and will be missed terribly.
Colleen Merryman Moore

Simi Valley, CA

#6 Jul 12, 2011
Troy Nenstiel was a friend of mine for many years we worked together at Mccarran Airport. He did'nt have a bad bone in his body! He was always there when ever you needed him. I have known him since he was a teenager and i just found out today he's gone. I knew his father very well and it must have Broken his Heart to have Lost him that way. I Hope the person who killed my friend will get the same as he gave my Friend. An Eye for An Eye! Sincerly, LASFLYGRL=)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Vegas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
adulttoyfunshop.com 9 hr Hyu_G_Rection 3
im being FOLLOWED by a Group of Cars,Trucks,Tow... (Jul '15) Mon Ohnoooo 8
you can stop deleting Mon lolz 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Northwest Las Vegas (Nov '13) Apr 22 Go Blue Forever 104
What parts of Vegas are the most ghetto? (Aug '12) Apr 20 Anoynomous 43
Needing to get my party favors for this weekend Apr 20 JDR626 1
Las Vegas Buffets are a total dumpster fire Apr 19 Local 3

Las Vegas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Vegas Mortgages