Legalized highway robbery

Legalized highway robbery

There are 18 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from May 27, 2012, titled Legalized highway robbery. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Stephen Skinner and his son Jonathon Breasher were not only Driving While Black when they were pulled over by State Police on Interstate-25 near Raton in 2010, they were also carrying nearly $17,000 in cash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Jake Anderson

Lees Summit, MO

#1 May 27, 2012
I was pulled over this morning by a cop and he said i was speeding but i think he really stopped me for driving while White.
Brent Hatley

United States

#2 May 27, 2012
Us po white folk is outnumbered around these parts. But some of them other folk claim to be a minority and act like we owe them a living.
Honky the red neck cracka

Albuquerque, NM

#3 May 27, 2012
Being an officialized belt buckle wearing Bubba from the deep South I do declare that it's time for some ice cold lemonade, a Colonel sized bucket of smoked ribs and a good ol' fashion minority beat down. Git-R-Done!

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 May 29, 2012
Hard to believe that the government would rob people of what is rightly theirs. So it could not be theirs. There is a law about having that much money in cash. Should have used an ATM. Or a Credit Card. Cash is no longer king.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 May 29, 2012
Willothewisp wrote:
Hard to believe that the government would rob people of what is rightly theirs. So it could not be theirs. There is a law about having that much money in cash. Should have used an ATM. Or a Credit Card. Cash is no longer king.
CASH: the forgotten form of payment.
- no PIN to remember
- no mag strip to worry about
- no signature required
- you don't hold up others in the check out line
- doesn't bounce(for the most part)
- no monthly fee's are owed
- you can't over spend it, when its spent, its gone
- you can see how much you have w/o logging on or calling
- one look shows your balance

Location hidden

#6 May 29, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
CASH: the forgotten form of payment.
- no PIN to remember
- no mag strip to worry about
- no signature required
- you don't hold up others in the check out line
- doesn't bounce(for the most part)
- no monthly fee's are owed
- you can't over spend it, when its spent, its gone
- you can see how much you have w/o logging on or calling
- one look shows your balance
forgotten unless you carry it...
LawStruck Down

Los Alamos, NM

#7 May 29, 2012
Willothewisp wrote:
The law in question has been struck down by Federal Courts. Nm cops do not seem to recognize the Fed. Gov't, they do not abide by the Courts decisions.

Location hidden

#8 May 30, 2012
LawStruck Down wrote:
<quoted text>
The law in question has been struck down by Federal Courts. Nm cops do not seem to recognize the Fed. Gov't, they do not abide by the Courts decisions.
Hard to believe...
texas ranger

Austin, TX

#9 May 30, 2012
LawStruck Down wrote:
<quoted text>
I been trying to tell yall that NM is not civilized. It's getting just like Mexico. Get out while the getting is good.
lol

United States

#10 May 30, 2012
texas ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
I been trying to tell yall that NM is not civilized. It's getting just like Mexico. Get out while the getting is good.
leave to a dumb a$$ Texan to make such a comment.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#11 May 30, 2012
Jake Anderson wrote:
I was pulled over this morning by a cop and he said i was speeding but i think he really stopped me for driving while White.
No, I'm pretty sure you were speeding. You know how you are.

Albuquerque

#12 May 30, 2012
texas ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to finally get up the guts to secede? Least you can do to make up for the whole W thing.

All talk and no action?

All hat and no cattle?
texas ranger

Austin, TX

#13 May 30, 2012
walterfm wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to finally get up the guts to secede? Least you can do to make up for the whole W thing.
All talk and no action?
All hat and no cattle?
We done been a free country once, silly.

We got everything we want here in Texas except ski areas and yall are nice enough to let us rent yours.

As for W: salt of the earth, my friend.

Albuquerque

#14 May 30, 2012
texas ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
We done been a free country once, silly.
We got everything we want here in Texas except ski areas and yall are nice enough to let us rent yours.
Saltpeter of the earth, yes.
Quinn

Albuquerque, NM

#15 May 31, 2012
texas ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
Salt contaminates the water, kills vegetation, poisons the soil. Yes, W: salt of the earth, indead!!!
texas ranger

Austin, TX

#16 May 31, 2012
Quinn wrote:
<quoted text>
Salt contaminates the water, kills vegetation, poisons the soil. Yes, W: salt of the earth, indead!!!
Did yall ever hear that W was a cheerleader in college? In fact, some say he goes both ways. Here's the type of press W get here in Texas:

CRAWFORD, TX – George W. Bush shocked his family, friends and the nation by announcing today that he is gay.

George W. Bush, whose memoir Decision Points will be released in October, spoke with reporters outside his Crawford Ranch.“Fellas, I woke up this morning and told Laura that I just realized after all these years that I am gay. I am a gay Texan. And I tell you, I feel good about it. I am gay as they make ‘em. Gay, gay, gay…”

This startling news came on heels of the announcement by Ken Mehlman, who headed the Republican National Committee between 2005 and 2007, that HE was gay. Mehlman came out in an interview with the Atlantic’s Marc Ambinder:“It’s taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life,” Mehlman said.“Everybody has their own path to travel, their own journey, and for me, over the past few months, I’ve told my family, friends, former colleagues, and current colleagues, and they’ve been wonderful and supportive. The process has been something that’s made me a happier and better person. It’s something I wish I had done years ago.”

George W. Bush immediately announced his support for Ken Mehlman.“Ken’s done great work for this country and he’s one of the finest men I’ve every known.” Apparently, according to Bush insiders, after making his statement of support, Bush went back to his ranch and sat on the porch in “deep contemplation.” Bush stayed on the porch all night thinking – something he hadn’t done in years. When the sun rose, Bush rushed into the house and told Laura that he had an incredible epiphany.“I’m gay, Laura. I just realized it. I’m gay!”

http://weeklyworldnews.com/politics/21497/geo...

Albuquerque

#17 May 31, 2012
texas ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
Did yall ever hear that W was a cheerleader in college? In fact, some say he goes both ways. Here's the type of press W get here in Texas:
CRAWFORD, TX – George W. Bush shocked his family, friends and the nation by announcing today that he is gay.
George W. Bush, whose memoir Decision Points will be released in October, spoke with reporters outside his Crawford Ranch.“Fellas, I woke up this morning and told Laura that I just realized after all these years that I am gay. I am a gay Texan. And I tell you, I feel good about it. I am gay as they make ‘em. Gay, gay, gay…”
This startling news came on heels of the announcement by Ken Mehlman, who headed the Republican National Committee between 2005 and 2007, that HE was gay. Mehlman came out in an interview with the Atlantic’s Marc Ambinder:“It’s taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life,” Mehlman said.“Everybody has their own path to travel, their own journey, and for me, over the past few months, I’ve told my family, friends, former colleagues, and current colleagues, and they’ve been wonderful and supportive. The process has been something that’s made me a happier and better person. It’s something I wish I had done years ago.”
George W. Bush immediately announced his support for Ken Mehlman.“Ken’s done great work for this country and he’s one of the finest men I’ve every known.” Apparently, according to Bush insiders, after making his statement of support, Bush went back to his ranch and sat on the porch in “deep contemplation.” Bush stayed on the porch all night thinking – something he hadn’t done in years. When the sun rose, Bush rushed into the house and told Laura that he had an incredible epiphany.“I’m gay, Laura. I just realized it. I’m gay!”
Muy bueno!

Location hidden

#19 May 31, 2012
texas ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great that one American President could admit he's gay. Thank you for that piece of history. Maybe O could quote it in his support of gay marriage and bring us together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Vegas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jail guard takes bribe, allows inmate sex (Apr '08) May 25 Traci 9
News Parents clash over giving same gifts to differe... (Jun '08) May 24 Unhappy 37
Marisa Valeriano (Apr '12) May 8 Grrr 4
Sheriff Candidates May 8 Grrr 2
May Move To Las Vegas NM (Apr '14) May 8 Grrr 6
News BLS: Albuquerque near bottom in U.S. job rankings (Aug '11) Feb '16 Lsrry 46
News Ernestine Hagman (Dec '09) Feb '16 jeremy ortiz 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Vegas Mortgages