Juveniles charged in hazing at Robertson High

Full story: KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico

Six juveniles have been charged with criminal sexual penetration, kidnapping and other crimes in a hazing incident at a preseason football camp.
Comments
1 - 20 of 242 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2012
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
pursuetruth

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

How can anyone call what they did "HAZING?" !!! It is criminal sexual assault and they need to be put in prison for a long time. What sickos.
Justice Not Fairness

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Where's the p.o.s. former coach's name? He's one of the main reasons this whole incident blew up.
College Kid

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Just let them live one day with a plunger up their azzes....that should do the justice...

and make sure they walk all over town....so everybody can laugh
Barney Fife Wife

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

It is just really gross.
Arnold Garcia

Kittanning, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

Where are the people in charge of this students?
Put them in prison for not doing there job. forever.
ha ha

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

scumbags, glad they are charged, hope they do some real time and have records that ruin their careers

“Center mass of the target ”

Since: Oct 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

WTF I knew the SOB district attorney would F this up. Childrenís Court is BS they are old enough to know better. Since the criminal justice system is letting the public safety down again I hope the victims sue the hell out of them and their families and the coach so that they never have 2 nickels to rub together.

Will they have to register as sex offenders if they are convicted? Kidnapping can carry a life sentence as an adult what will they be eligible for? Just because they fall a few months short of 18 does this mean their crimes are less severe. This is the reason people take the law into their own hands because you canít trust the system to work.

From the beginning the fact that the football camp continued after the alleged assaults took place with no notification to the proper authorities is very concerning. The attempted cover up starting with the athletic director Michael Yara, and he is still employed by the city schools even though there is a mandatory reporting law on the books, he should have been fired on the spot just for that. The weak leadership from Superintendent Romero allowing the students to continue and his reference that the allegations were mostly false. Mostly false, so if the one fact was that the sexual assault took place it is lessened by the fact that other facts were not validated. Letís not forget the coach that stated to a parent that his son (one of the victims) had asked for it.

Is there no justice for our children? What is the next incident that will happen and can we expect the same lame response from those in charge. We are wasting our tax dollars on incompetent people and the community suffers because of it. Our children are at risk because the fox is guarding the hen house.

I guess the only consolation is that eventually another; Santiago Armijo, Michael Gallegos, Steven Garcia, Marcos Gutierrez, Lucas Martinez and Jerek Padilla will screw up like this and the community wont let them get away with it. I only hope that the other inmates keep will be watching and anxiously awaiting their arrival because itís obvious that will be the only true punishment they get. You M.F.ís are going down for this one. You hit the big time baby, I wonder if you will be laughing and yelling take it like man when you hit prison. I promise you that they will not be using a broom stick. Since you like doing it to other maybe you will enjoy having it done to you just that much more.

Santiago, Michael , Steven, Marcos, Lucas and Jerek place high heels, mascara, lipstick, and lace on your Christmas wish list because you will be needing them. May as well give you a gift that will be put to good use.
Dogwatch

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

My guess is they'll get probation or community service and so be it. Those of you who are arguing for death sentences and plungers are just weird. Still, I think this case needs to be mandatory viewing in most high schools and for most high- and junior high athletes; not so that hazing comes to an end, though that would be preferable. But this is a perfect example for today's youth that there are consequences for stupid acts (sometimes). This they'll relate to. 'Just Say No' campaigns, no way.
Gimme Some

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

your daddy was never a doctor
Gimme Some

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

GAC and your everyone B*
Gimme Some

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

is it GAC or GAG
Dogwatch

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

'Gimme Some' needs to settle down and move on; you're not adding anything useful to this discussion.
Rose

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

These folks need to get a taste of what they gave...so bent over "boys"..u r going to get what you did to those guys. Like they say, "what goes around comes around". So hold your ankles and say.."soooooooooooooooooo oo wheee" aka
Deliverance the Movie!!! and there is no Vaseline for comfort!!!!
What the

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

Dogwatch wrote:
My guess is they'll get probation or community service and so be it. Those of you who are arguing for death sentences and plungers are just weird. Still, I think this case needs to be mandatory viewing in most high schools and for most high- and junior high athletes; not so that hazing comes to an end, though that would be preferable. But this is a perfect example for today's youth that there are consequences for stupid acts (sometimes). This they'll relate to.'Just Say No' campaigns, no way.
Hey....since this is not a big deal to you, go visit the state prison, bend over, see what they do and tell us how you feel afterwards. What if the victim was your son or daughter?.... No big deal right. You are pathetic.
Mary

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

It just states that the parents of these boys allowed their son's to do what they wanted to. why? bcuz their son's were "sports figures and they(the parents) didn't think that their sons would do anything wrong" hah! It just states that the parents are materialistic, hoping for the big paycheck..aka college...then maybe NFL.
I'm sure the parents are defending their son's actions..etc..but get ready for the "mud" that you need to wash off their faces for defending them.
LV87701a

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

The charges, as listed by Valdez:
óArmijo: conspiracy, three counts each of second-degree criminal sexual penetration, kidnapping, attempted criminal sexual penetration and attempted kidnapping.
óGallegos: conspiracy, five counts each of second-degree criminal sexual penetration and kidnapping and four counts each of attempted second-degree criminal sexual penetration and kidnapping.
óGarcia: conspiracy, five counts each of second-degree criminal sexual penetration and kidnapping and three counts each of attempted second-degree criminal sexual penetration.
óGutierrez: conspiracy, three counts each of second-degree criminal sexual penetration and kidnapping; three counts each of attempted second-degree criminal sexual penetration and attempted kidnapping.
óMartinez: conspiracy, five counts each of second-degree criminal sexual penetration and kidnapping, three counts each of attempted second-degree criminal sexual penetration and attempted kidnapping.
óPadilla: conspiracy, two counts each of second-degree criminal sexual penetration and kidnapping, and three counts each of attempted second-degree criminal sexual penetration and attempted kidnapping.

Since: Aug 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

I wish the story would have mentioned one way or the other wheather an investigation of the coach and his staff was underway. He needs to answer more than a few questions, IMO.

Not charging these guys as adults is going to create more problems in the future because of the way the laws are written. They will be out in no time if convicted and do the same crime or worse. There was an 11 yr. old tried as an adult in another state and in NM these older pervs are treated w/kid gloves? NM laws do not make any sense and do not look out for their victims.
Rootbeer Float

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

You morons are at it again. The ink isn't even dry on the legal documents and you scum are already running your mouths. Shame on you!
Jake

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

oh they'll get what they deserve. One way or another.
Who me

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Scumbag gang-rapists and they get charged as JUVIES?!? Sick f-ers should never walk the streets again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Las Vegas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horrible Business Aug 11 Educated Educator 1
Hotel Website? Aug 3 JackBenson 1
Pecos best western chalet plus Jul '14 coustomer 1
cristina ortiz (Dec '11) Jul '14 for real 4
Martinez role in Las Vegas parade draws criticism Jul '14 BGM 1
Men that work for Town of Pecos city (Jul '12) Jun '14 greg Mier8899 5
need info on old friend Jun '14 Old friend 1

Search the Las Vegas Forum:
•••
•••