Onate High School teacher jailed on c...

Onate High School teacher jailed on charges of molestation (12:31 p.m.)

There are 145 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from May 14, 2011, titled Onate High School teacher jailed on charges of molestation (12:31 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

An Onate High School teacher has been charged with molesting a student. Theo Holzhausen, 47, was arrested on two counts of criminal sexual contact Friday after being taken from the school for questioning by officers, according to jail and school district authorities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
GunninForU

Las Cruces, NM

#1 May 14, 2011
Nice picture. See you around town, Holzhausen.
Judas

Farmington, NM

#2 May 14, 2011
God, he's fugly. I'm wondering whether the victim of his creepiness was male or female.
Judas

Farmington, NM

#3 May 14, 2011
But wait, there's more. First of all, his name is Holzhausen, NOT Holtzhausen. Makes a difference when you are looking him up in the court database.

Second, and here's the kicker, he was arrested in 2005 on a charge of sexual exploitation of a child and contributing to the delinquency of a minor ... so why was he working in the schools?
Roy

Las Cruces, NM

#4 May 14, 2011
O my Freeking Gawd
Tyr

Santa Fe, NM

#5 May 14, 2011
Sounds like there is much more to this if he was previously charged with sexual exploitation and was employed by the school district. But it does not surprise me with their attitude of look the other way from students to teachers conduct and attitudes, and I would be willing to bet child protective services has something on this clown too! But they come from the same mould as the school district administrators. Close your eyes and you cannot see any problems!
onate parent

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 May 14, 2011
This is a little late...He has totally destroyed many of his students this year with his comments and grading system.
CSI

Farmington, NM

#7 May 14, 2011
Not only was he charged with sexual exploitation, it had something to do with recordings, according to the court records, although whether it was video recordings or photos it's impossible to tell. During the very long court proceedings, Holzhausen was barred from any contact with children under 18, except for "supervised contact with victim," which suggests that the victim was a family member so close that the court couldn't really bar contact.

Now, here's the interesting part. After several years during which this dragged on, and Holzhausen was very seriously kept away from other children, the state completely reversed itself and did a Nolle Prosequi, a refusal to prosecute.

At the same time, Holzhausen's child was at the center of an absolutely massive custody battle that ended up with all of his lawyers quitting and he having to represent himself in court. During the custody battle, the wife's lawyers were barred from presenting evidence that he had been exploiting children (or child) due to the Nolle Prosequi dodge.

The last thing I'm going to say here is that there are some pretty suggestive pictures on the web of a close relative of Holzhausen's who happens to attend Onate. And she didn't take them herself. Who did?

Draw your own conclusions, I've already drawn mine.
Gloria

Farmington, NM

#8 May 14, 2011
Give up, you have no idea whose Chonies he was getting into.
CPS is a JOKE

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 14, 2011
Tyr wrote:
Sounds like there is much more to this if he was previously charged with sexual exploitation and was employed by the school district. But it does not surprise me with their attitude of look the other way from students to teachers conduct and attitudes, and I would be willing to bet child protective services has something on this clown too! But they come from the same mould as the school district administrators. Close your eyes and you cannot see any problems!
Child protective services is a JOKE! They don't protect children, they protect their own interest and go after small children & babies they can PROFIT from. Go read some of the stories on fightcps if you have any doubts, I am almost certain you would change your mind after some time on their website.

While there are legitimate cases of child abuse in which the parents should have never been allowed to reproduce to begin with, there are cases in which no matter how much a parent tries to protect their child or children, You have a family court system ( POS Judges) CPS as well as others who find it acceptable to completely ignores the CONCRETE evidence placed before them or in some cases won't even look at it or hear witnesses.
budget

Albuquerque, NM

#10 May 14, 2011
and he's on paid administrative leave. Awesome. Wish I could blatantly break the laws at work and still get paid. No wonder the LCPS is BANKRUPT.
LCNM

Huntsville, AL

#11 May 14, 2011
budget wrote:
and he's on paid administrative leave. Awesome. Wish I could blatantly break the laws at work and still get paid. No wonder the LCPS is BANKRUPT.
They have to do that until he's convicted. Can you imagine if he just got accused of something, without a conviction, and they fired him? Even a defense attorney right out of law school would be able to sue the heck out of the school district and get a settlement that would cost WAY more than his salary between now and the 25th. I mean, he's resigning at the end of the year, so that's not even two weeks. Saying LCPS is bankrupt when the state has slashed its budget back to 2005 levels because it avoided liability by paying a guy's salary through May 25 is absolutely ridiculous.
OMG

Las Cruces, NM

#13 May 14, 2011
Sounds like somebody's in denial, huh?!
facts

Farmington, NM

#14 May 14, 2011
are u fff kidding me this guy lives rite next to me, his daughter was packing his shit earlier this afternoon, and now i know why.....u sick ass
CPS is a JOKE

Albuquerque, NM

#15 May 14, 2011
CSI wrote:
Not only was he charged with sexual exploitation, it had something to do with recordings, according to the court records, although whether it was video recordings or photos it's impossible to tell. During the very long court proceedings, Holzhausen was barred from any contact with children under 18, except for "supervised contact with victim," which suggests that the victim was a family member so close that the court couldn't really bar contact.
Now, here's the interesting part. After several years during which this dragged on, and Holzhausen was very seriously kept away from other children, the state completely reversed itself and did a Nolle Prosequi, a refusal to prosecute.
At the same time, Holzhausen's child was at the center of an absolutely massive custody battle that ended up with all of his lawyers quitting and he having to represent himself in court. During the custody battle, the wife's lawyers were barred from presenting evidence that he had been exploiting children (or child) due to the Nolle Prosequi dodge.
The last thing I'm going to say here is that there are some pretty suggestive pictures on the web of a close relative of Holzhausen's who happens to attend Onate. And she didn't take them herself. Who did?
Draw your own conclusions, I've already drawn mine.
Draw all the conclusions you want, it's kinda like making assumptions and I am sure you know what that means.

Granted, some of the things you say are true & correct, you can not by any means understand all the details regarding the case by the limited amount you can see online so I will enlighten you.

Fact: The charges that were brought against him in 2005 were not for anything related to his biological daughter & were eventually dropped due to pressure & threats from his lawyer to make the child look like she was to blame and attempt to ruin her reputation.( Since you are good at drawing conclusions, I am sure you can draw one here as to exactly what I mean)

Fact: The judge in a majority of the custody case who in fact was aware of the evidence and believe me when I say he was just one of numerous that were aware & looked the other way was indicted & charged last night for corruption. My only comment on this would be the judge ,CPS, The School, Counselors and numerous others failed to listen or act & I look forward to being a witness when each and everyone of them get to face a judge and trust it will be an honorable one.

There is a lot more to this story that very few are aware of that can not be disclosed due to future litigation.

I am impressed you were able to go pull "public records" accessible to anyone. However, to act so immaturely by stating a family member of his attends Onate was just pure ignorance and uncalled for! As if it's not painful enough for that child to deal with all that has happen, She won't be able to return to school not just because of Holzhausen's actions, but also actions of slime like you who even hint that a grown man's actions could even remotely be an innocent child's fault.

Your even slimier accusations regarding her photos..

FACT: If you draw conclusions based on her photos or call them suggestive you are completely blind or just plain ignorant,she has more clothing on than many high school students wear to school.

FACT: If you can see her photos then obviously you are added on her page,but don't consider yourself her friend because a "true friend" would have called or messaged her to offer support or to make sure she was OK.
mail

Albuquerque, NM

#17 May 14, 2011
you know how every school has that one teacher that is a total ?????? this guy was it, absolute moron, i'm not surprised, I'm a guy and he gave me the creeps. now he gets to recycle orange suits
facts

Farmington, NM

#18 May 14, 2011
this is my neighbor, we have 4 kids here ...2 girls..this guy used to go outside at nite time and just scoop out the area
Duh

Albuquerque, NM

#19 May 14, 2011
CSI wrote:
Not only was he charged with sexual exploitation, it had something to do with recordings, according to the court records, although whether it was video recordings or photos it's impossible to tell. During the very long court proceedings, Holzhausen was barred from any contact with children under 18, except for "supervised contact with victim," which suggests that the victim was a family member so close that the court couldn't really bar contact.
Now, here's the interesting part. After several years during which this dragged on, and Holzhausen was very seriously kept away from other children, the state completely reversed itself and did a Nolle Prosequi, a refusal to prosecute.
At the same time, Holzhausen's child was at the center of an absolutely massive custody battle that ended up with all of his lawyers quitting and he having to represent himself in court. During the custody battle, the wife's lawyers were barred from presenting evidence that he had been exploiting children (or child) due to the Nolle Prosequi dodge.
The last thing I'm going to say here is that there are some pretty suggestive pictures on the web of a close relative of Holzhausen's who happens to attend Onate. And she didn't take them herself. Who did?
Draw your own conclusions, I've already drawn mine.
A judge can order a no contact order on anyone if he chooses to do so.

You would never make it in LE (That's short for Law Enforcement) Maybe you should stop watching so much CSI?? It's television and does not truly reflect real life ,so come out of your fantasy world and either state actual truth or you should probably keep those opinions to yourself since it only makes you look foolish.
Mistaken

Albuquerque, NM

#20 May 14, 2011
facts wrote:
are u fff kidding me this guy lives rite next to me, his daughter was packing his **** earlier this afternoon, and now i know why.....u sick ****
Are you just another one of those uneducated & clueless and completely dumb welfare recipients?

His daughter was escorted there to get her personal belongings!!!!!!!!!! She was not there to pack anything of his. If he post bail which is $1000 with a bondsman .He will still be your neighbor and will probably have read this...WOW What a dumb***
Lousy Reporting

Albuquerque, NM

#21 May 14, 2011
Before the Sun-News destroys the lives of this man and his family, would it be too much to ask that you get the full story and report it? Not just the most lurid and circumstantial gossip you can find?

And to the usual suspects weighing in on what a "monster" he is: The story is far, far more complex than any of you here could possibly understand because YOU DON'T KNOW THE FACTS.

No one is saying anything about his guilt or innocence in these current allegations, but as someone who once had to associate with one of his children, his ex and him I promise this is one ugly and sad story fit for an HBO miniseries in which no one is going to come out pretty.

I feel saddest for the child I know, because this kid has endured years and years of ugliness and dysfunction in that family, of being tugged and thrown around like a rag doll, now only to have things get a million times more humiliating right in the prime of adolescence.
Student

Las Cruces, NM

#22 May 14, 2011
this was one of my favorite teachers too... scary to see this happen =(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indictments (Sep '09) Sat Jazzie 4
Middle east snap chatters near missile range base Jul 16 Karl 2
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Jul 12 Poser buster 220
News Joshua Ray Garcia pleads guilty to rape charges (Oct '08) Jul 7 Veahmah 4
affrique (May '12) Jun 28 anonymous 253
Bad lawyer tells dependent to take a double jeo... Jun '17 anonymous 2
News Burn Lake sexual activities targeted by authori... (Sep '10) Jun '17 Chesley Irwin 144

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages