Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

Jun 11, 2011 Full story: Contra Costa Times 12,363

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Full Story
First Prev
of 619
Next Last
shangguanruien

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#13330 May 9, 2014
Gay is sick fetish.
Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#13331 May 10, 2014
shangguanruien wrote:
Gay is sick fetish.
The “harmless” leftists also brought us such cultural wonders as the sexual revolution, which is supposed to be a giant leap forward against a society of old-fashioned taboos.
Is that all that the revolution has brought us? Is it only all that is good?
We now live in a society where kids asked for directions run screaming from a stranger’s car because the driver was a man; where later London mayor Boris Johnson was once asked to change his seat in an airplane (in an airliner!) because the flight attendants did not want to seat a lone-traveling boy next to a singly-traveling man; where kids in French parks are forbidden to speak with any adult (certainly with any adult male) although they are their in classes of dozens running around on the grass and supervised by a number of teachers; where over 600 mall visitors walked by two lost- and “utterly forlorn”-looking girls in a Daily Mail experiment, ignoring them because they were afraid of being labeled a pedophile; and where males are no longer trusted to be in the teaching profession. Says Good Morning America’s Susan Donaldson James:

“It’s very hard to change the suspicion of men who are going to elementary education when there are so few of them,”[said Massachusetts psychologist Michael Thompson, co-author of the groundbreaking 2000 book "Raising Cain," which argues that society shortchanges boys].“Schools ask me to talk to men on their faculty and when I sit with them behind closed doors, they say the moms look at them like potential pedophiles.

“If they are too nurturing or a mother comes in and sees a teacher reading in a chair and the child is leaning against the teacher or cuddling him, they freak out,” he said.“Men tell me they only have to look in the mom’s face to know what they are thinking.”
The professor adds that

as I’ve noted before, is that if you watch old movies, or even cartoons, it’s regularly assumed that adult males have nurturing instincts. Only in our supposedly progressive era are men reduced to cardboard cutouts dominated by lust and Mammon.
This is the mighty good that the sexual revolution and its good riddance to taboos have brought us: where no one trusts anyone, where every neighbor is a predator, a pedophile, or suspected of being one, if “only” potentially. Or, almost just as bad, a wife-beater or a father with no love for his children, who deserves to have his wife divorce him, his family broken up, and himself left as destitute as possible.(You will notice that the “culprits” most often are men, who are part of the gender most associated with — dare we speak the truth without hysterics breaking out?— a spirit of independence, not giving in, and resistance to the authorities.)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#13332 May 30, 2014
Word association game. Today's word is GAY. What comes to mind?

AIDS
HIV
molestation
pedophilia
perversion
terrorism
drug use
sodomy
Penn State

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 619
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min Frijoles 69,483
Sound Off 15 hr kimberly atencio 2
Local Users? Mon yankeedudell 1
Gov. Martinez appoints Las Crucen to judicial p... (Mar '11) Sun Dane 15
isis/isil Sep 21 Sur 13 Beat 2
Former NMSU regent Laura Conniff named to space... Sep 19 OMG 1
Al Sharpton - Head Race Bater Sep 19 Kosher Frank 2

Las Cruces Jobs

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Las Cruces News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Las Cruces

Personal Finance