Some gay-rights foes claim they now a...

Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

There are 12364 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

Since: Sep 08

El Paso, TX

#12478 Jul 16, 2012
CommieFinder wrote:
<quoted text> The only sick fetish is your constant obsession with gays and lesbians. Ever since you were deported from the USA for male prostitution on Central Ave., while being an illegal alien recipient of USA taxpayer welfare and food stamps, you have been seeking ways to retaliate. Enjoy your miserable life in communist China, where you will surely be imprisoned for your multitude of crimes.
Gayness=chaos

We fight chaos!!! You live in chaos!!!

Don't try to tell us you're the sane ones. Whackos!!

Civil rights are for those born as a minority. Gays aren't born. MADE!!!
OldBob

Schenectady, NY

#12479 Jul 16, 2012
Grand Old Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Gayness=chaos
Thank you for being the voice of reason. Your writing encapsulates the very essence of wholesome, moral, clean, conservative life in America. Your prose is the very embodiment of holiness.

The way in which you use triple exclamation points makes me realize that there is a God, and that he is good and just and kind. In short, you make me want to be a more reverent and a more decent human being.

Together, we can end the chaos of gayness in America and finally concentrate on what is important...MONEY.

Since: Sep 08

El Paso, TX

#12480 Jul 16, 2012
OldBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for being the voice of reason. Your writing encapsulates the very essence of wholesome, moral, clean, conservative life in America. Your prose is the very embodiment of holiness.
The way in which you use triple exclamation points makes me realize that there is a God, and that he is good and just and kind. In short, you make me want to be a more reverent and a more decent human being.
Together, we can end the chaos of gayness in America and finally concentrate on what is important...MONEY.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion!!! Money? Less than 1 percent of the population is reeking havoc on society with the help of a biased unholy media. And that less than 1 percent will not win. You'll see. No use in countering your sarcasm because you don't understand morality.
OldBob

Clifton Park, NY

#12481 Jul 16, 2012
Grand Old Party wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you came to that conclusion!!! Money? Less than 1 percent of the population is reeking havoc on society with the help of a biased unholy media. And that less than 1 percent will not win. You'll see. No use in countering your sarcasm because you don't understand morality.
You are my god.
Sk8ter4Ever

Clifton Park, NY

#12482 Jul 16, 2012
Grand Old Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Gayness=chaos
When you write like that, I totally get a boner.
chief22

El Paso, TX

#12483 Nov 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>I think more likely, the gay twirl 'marriage' movement is in the process of being debunked.

"However, as a matter of intellectual honesty, it needs to be recognized that virtually all the studies of same-sex parenting that have been conducted thus far fall far short of any standard of scientific testing.

Of the 50-plus such studies done in the past 15 years, the vast majority come to the same conclusion: Children of gay parents perform at least as well as children from heterosexual families; there is no difference in child outcomes based on family structure.

For several reasons, this literature is unlike anything else within social science. First, it partly arose from, and was strongly influenced by, legal cases in which lesbian mothers were denied custody of their children on the basis of their sexual orientation. Second, for the most part it has been written by individuals with strong personal worldviews who sympathize with those studied. Third, the focus of the literature is often on “soft” measures of child and family performance that are not easily verifiable by third-party replication, and that differ substantially from measures used in other family studies. One of the odd characteristics of this literature is the lack of consistency of measures across time. Subsequent studies seldom test for measures that were used in previous studies. Fourth, the data and procedures used in the studies are never made available online in order for other scholars to replicate findings. And finally, almost all the literature on gay parenting is based on weak designs, biased samples, and low-powered tests."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/302749...
there has been a study recently released that states that Children raised in homosexual household don't do as well as previously stated, higher suicide rates higher instances of poverty, and unemployment.
Heeman

Bedford, MA

#12484 Nov 25, 2012
I just got biatch slapped by a gay guy. Help!!!
Fiddeo

Bedford, MA

#12485 Nov 25, 2012
I don't know if it's just me seeing things, but is there a real high concentration of bull dykes in this place? I've seen more bull dykes here than anywhere else. I don't have a problem with them, but damned they're almost more manly than a guy.
Anne Ominous

Greeley, PA

#12486 Nov 30, 2012
Heeman wrote:
I just got biatch slapped by a gay guy. Help!!!
Slap it back! Just make sure you're wearing sturdy gloves. Don't want any skin to skin contact. Incinerate them after use.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12487 Nov 30, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
there has been a study recently released that states that Children raised in homosexual household don't do as well as previously stated, higher suicide rates higher instances of poverty, and unemployment.
The people who funded the study wanted it to say that, but it failed. You misrepresent the findings to support your prejudice.

The study did not compare intact straight families to intact gay families. It compared intact straight families to non-intact families where one partner had a same sex relationship at some point in time. It confirmed what we already know: Children in intact families do better than those in non-intact families. If anything, this study confirms the importance of assisting and encouraging intact families through marriage equality.

"Unfortunately, many people are not aware of the three decades of research showing that children of gay or lesbian parents are just as mentally healthy as children with heterosexual parents, notes Cerbone.

Children of gay and lesbian parents reported closer ties with their schools and classmates.

Patterson's and others' findings that good parenting, not a parent's sexual orientation, leads to mentally healthy children may not surprise many psychologists. What may be more surprising is the finding that children of same-sex couples seem to be thriving, though they live in a world that is often unaccepting of their parents."

http://www.apa.org/monitor/dec05/kids.aspx

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12488 Nov 30, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who funded the study wanted it to say that, but it failed. You misrepresent the findings to support your prejudice.
The study did not compare intact straight families to intact gay families. It compared intact straight families to non-intact families where one partner had a same sex relationship at some point in time. It confirmed what we already know: Children in intact families do better than those in non-intact families. If anything, this study confirms the importance of assisting and encouraging intact families through marriage equality.
"Unfortunately, many people are not aware of the three decades of research showing that children of gay or lesbian parents are just as mentally healthy as children with heterosexual parents, notes Cerbone.
Children of gay and lesbian parents reported closer ties with their schools and classmates.
Patterson's and others' findings that good parenting, not a parent's sexual orientation, leads to mentally healthy children may not surprise many psychologists. What may be more surprising is the finding that children of same-sex couples seem to be thriving, though they live in a world that is often unaccepting of their parents."
The study compared seven family types. It was the largest, broadest long term study to date.

The studies you site have been debunked for numerous reasons, not to mention they were primarily conducted by lesbians, and had no control groups, let alone male gay couples.

You know this, and continue to misrepresent both sides. Sad.

A Legitimate cause would not need this.

AOL

#12489 Nov 30, 2012
Legal discrimination is not a legitimate cause.

Equal treatment under the law as required by the constitution is a legitimate cause.
ClamDigger

Schenectady, NY

#12490 Nov 30, 2012
Fiddeo wrote:
I don't know if it's just me seeing things, but is there a real high concentration of bull dykes in this place? I've seen more bull dykes here than anywhere else. I don't have a problem with them, but damned they're almost more manly than a guy.
Exactly how do you know that someone posting on Topix is "manly"? Can you see them?

By the way, your fly is open.
ClamDigger

Schenectady, NY

#12491 Nov 30, 2012
Tick Tick Tick wrote:
The clock is ticking away the seconds left in Owebama's "presidency".
Say...how are you enjoying that Romney Presidency?
ClamDigger

Schenectady, NY

#12492 Nov 30, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, pray tell, who conducted this survey, or is that classified?

AOL

#12493 Nov 30, 2012
ClamDigger wrote:
<quoted text>
And, pray tell, who conducted this survey, or is that classified?
Follow the money....

(funded by anti-gay groups)
Heeman

Bedford, MA

#12494 Nov 30, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the fact that the kids of gay people are closer to their schools and their friends may be due to the need to find normalness?

I have nothing against gay people. Do it with your dog if it makes you happy.

Kids of gay people see that other kids have 1 dad and 1 mom. They at some point find that dad has a weiner and mom doesn't. Then they find out about the birds and the bees. Nextn they start wondering how the birds and the bees created them. Of course, next they see that dad #1 has a weiner and dad #2 has a weiner. How do they make the birds and the bees work? Or mom #1 doesn't have a weiner and mom#2 doesn't have a weiner either. How does that birds and the bees thing work?

Then kids at school start inquiring about why billy has two dads or two moms. Billy doesn't know. It is a matter of time before Billy's friends start asking, "well how do they do it". What's Billy to say? Yup, this has got to be a great experience for Billy. Brings him really close to his school mates and school.

Really, look at what you are writing. You expect people to believe that a kid is going to enjoy and benefiting from everyone at school talking about how billy's two moms do it?

AOL

#12495 Nov 30, 2012
Heeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the fact that the kids of gay people are closer to their schools and their friends may be due to the need to find normalness?
I have nothing against gay people. Do it with your dog if it makes you happy.
Kids of gay people see that other kids have 1 dad and 1 mom. They at some point find that dad has a weiner and mom doesn't. Then they find out about the birds and the bees. Nextn they start wondering how the birds and the bees created them. Of course, next they see that dad #1 has a weiner and dad #2 has a weiner. How do they make the birds and the bees work? Or mom #1 doesn't have a weiner and mom#2 doesn't have a weiner either. How does that birds and the bees thing work?
Then kids at school start inquiring about why billy has two dads or two moms. Billy doesn't know. It is a matter of time before Billy's friends start asking, "well how do they do it". What's Billy to say? Yup, this has got to be a great experience for Billy. Brings him really close to his school mates and school.
Really, look at what you are writing. You expect people to believe that a kid is going to enjoy and benefiting from everyone at school talking about how billy's two moms do it?
And you talked with your friends about how their parents did it? Most kids don't want to think about their parents or friends parents even having sex, let alone how!

But kids also learn about kids that are being raised by their grandparents, by only one parent, or in a group home or foster home. Or that some kid's parents beat them or don't provide for them. Even in the 50's life was messy and not always what you might want it to be.

The only reason Billy would be denigrated by his peers relies on an irrational scientifically unsupportable prejudice. Denial of equal treatment under the law as required by the constitution won't stop Billy's parents from providing him a loving, supportive home, or stop the kids from teasing him. The logical solution is to overcome the irrational prejudice and legal discrimination used to harm him and his family.

The birds and bees aren't that complicated, and perhaps Billy's parents will explain it to him before he is taught all sorts of misinformation from peers, which normally happens long before any formalized instruction begins. But either way, he will figure it out long before he should be acting on it himself.

AOL

#12496 Nov 30, 2012
Gay people have always been around no matter how well accepted or how severely punished. The reality is, gay people have in the past and will continue to form relationships.

The question then becomes; are we going to accept reality and encourage strong, committed relationships around the shared values of family, fidelity, and responsibility, with the help of friends, family, and the government, or is it in the best interest of society to make laws that attack and demean such relationships, causing unjustified harm to those couples and their children.
revolving door

Bedford, MA

#12497 Nov 30, 2012
You gotta be kidding me. You think kids don't talk about this stuff? Even little kids are curious. Sticking your head in the ground doesn't change reality. Yes, kids talk about stuff like that. They are very smart little people even at a young age. Remember that we are not in the age of Playboys anymore. Everything is readily accessible on the internet.

You bet, kids learn from everyone. It's hardly the same to be raised by one parent or grandparents. No matter how many laws we pass, kids are rough and cruel when they are coming up.

Yup, and kids talk about being beat or mistreated to friends and family. Is it always outright direct? Nope. Still not a simple thing to have 2 moms or 2 dads. Confuses kids.

You say it is irrational and unsupportable, but it is reality. Where did you go to grade school? Kids are cruel.

I think fair treatment is a good thing. Equal treatment. There are too many places where it simply isn't equal. If you are a man, you are treated as a man and if you are a woman you are treated as a woman. I don't think that anyone will argue that the kids won't get love or be provided for. They will also have to deal with a lot of tough reality. It is what it is.

The logical solution is not always the practical solution. Yes, in a utopian world, everyone would be nice to everyone. We would all earn equal pay. We would all be equally talented and everything would be great. Back to reality. Reality says that no number of laws, papers or trainings will make this situation easy and definitely not equal. Fai. I think we can get there.

You recommend talking to kids about sex at 3-5 years of age? Formal education tends to begin very early now a days. You can control what Billy knows at home, but you have no control of what Billy will learn away from home. A very tough situation to put a kid in a gay home. I'm not saying it's wrong. That is all subjective and relative to the home. Knock yourself out, but it doesn't take away the rough position that you put a kid in.

I suppose, as an adult, if you are gay, it's ok. Why put a kid through what a gay person must've gone through growing up?

This is by far not a simple issue to address or fix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lcpd no confidence vote Sep 19 Bloodonhishands 3
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... Sep 12 Marie 6
News DEA conducts raid at Phat Glass in Las Cruces Sep 12 grateful for DEA ... 1
News Burn Lake sexual activities targeted by authori... (Sep '10) Sep 6 Jimmy Aid 145
News Undersheriff slides into new position with OCSO (Apr '13) Sep 6 Nojoke 45
News County woman suspected in stealing 83-year-olda Aug 30 Stagnant 1
News Couple charged with child abuse (11:06 a.m.) (Feb '08) Aug 29 Randy Dickey 13

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages