Man fatally shot by Las Cruces police during investigation

A man involved in a domestic investigation was fatally shot by Las Cruces police officers Sunday afternoon in a west Las Cruces neighborhood. Read more
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
citizenX

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 18, 2010
a baseball bat? cmon now, 4 shots isnt self-defense(bear in mind that LCPD wont conferm on that number). it's overkill... bravo LCPD for showin "people workin for people", i know i feel safer with trigger happy PUBLIC SERVENTS to protect the citizens of our small peaceful community.
tired

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jan 18, 2010
I would imagine that the Sun News probably doesn't have all the details, so the conclusion you have jumped to, with both feet, probably is incorrect. I for one would not want to be hit upside the head with a baseball bat. I would imagine that Johnny Appleseed USA was given several warnings before the cops were forced to shoot. Finally, if you speak like you type, then your uneducated juvenile rant is an indication that you sir are an idiot!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 18, 2010
citizenX wrote:
a baseball bat? cmon now, 4 shots isnt self-defense(bear in mind that LCPD wont conferm on that number). it's overkill... bravo LCPD for showin "people workin for people", i know i feel safer with trigger happy PUBLIC SERVENTS to protect the citizens of our small peaceful community.
"PUBLIC SERVENTS" <--wtf? ServAnt.
As unfortunate as it is, it is justified. When it all comes out, you who doubt, will know. Until then, continue to speculate, you're wrong.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 18, 2010
Also, nobody gains here. You who doubt, have no f'ing clue; you who cheer it on, are stupid too.
This was a tragedy, with nobody coming out on top. Something you read about, but never think will happen, "here," wherever "here" may be.
At the end of it, someone is dead; people are affected; lives, forever changed; and unless you truly know, you have no clue, and your speculation is meaningless; only there to make you feel like you have a clue.
Annoyed

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Jan 18, 2010
citizenX wrote:
a baseball bat? cmon now, 4 shots isnt self-defense(bear in mind that LCPD wont conferm on that number). it's overkill... bravo LCPD for showin "people workin for people", i know i feel safer with trigger happy PUBLIC SERVENTS to protect the citizens of our small peaceful community.
Get a Life!!!!
Community Citizen

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Jan 18, 2010
Las Cruces has seen at least 3 violent deaths this weekend. Stop the VIolence and get right with the Lord cause you never know when its going to be your turn. John 3:16
Citizen KANE

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Jan 18, 2010
Bringing a Bat to a Gun fight.... brilliance. I do have one question, do you have to 80 years of age or older to get non lethal force AKA 50,000VLTS. hmmm just some food for thought
motorman

Tracy, CA

#9 Jan 18, 2010
How about non lethal force?
The El Paso police just bought 1100 machine guns with stimulus money. How many jobs will that create?
Madness
Terence Moores Nightmare

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jan 18, 2010
oh Noooooooooo! Not on my watch.

Since: Nov 09

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Jan 18, 2010
Baseball bat against Loaded Guns???? Don't they have pepper spray?? Tasers??? New Mexico state law allows someone to use equal force, to defend yourself. If someone broke into my house with a baseball bat and I shot and killed him or her, I would be charged. The police have a very difficult job, but that is what they wake up to do everyday. SAD to see such an abuse of power.
Mrs Blue

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Jan 18, 2010
So if your example happened (ie. somebody broke into your house with a bat), are you supposed to say hold on let me go get a bat cuz I see that you have a bat? You don't know if the criminal breaking into your home has a gun in his back pocket and only a bat in plain view. At that point the criminal is committing a crime...he broke into your house. You have the right to protect yourself....even with a gun. These situations do happen and homeowners can protect themselves justifiably. It is not feasible to always arm yourself with a like weapon to fight against the criminal so it is an equal fight. Bottom line is we do not know what type of threat this man made to the officers who showed up at the home. We also don't know why (exactly) the police were called out to the home. Obviously this man was a threat. Lets not judge the police. We were not at the scene.
anytime

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Jan 18, 2010
Southwest Shooter wrote:
Baseball bat against Loaded Guns???? Don't they have pepper spray?? Tasers??? New Mexico state law allows someone to use equal force, to defend yourself. If someone broke into my house with a baseball bat and I shot and killed him or her, I would be charged. The police have a very difficult job, but that is what they wake up to do everyday. SAD to see such an abuse of power.
Ummmmmmmmmmm. No not really. Get the facts. Understand the law. Stop watching CSI.
Good job LCPD

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Jan 18, 2010
Southwest Shooter wrote:
Baseball bat against Loaded Guns???? Don't they have pepper spray?? Tasers??? New Mexico state law allows someone to use equal force, to defend yourself. If someone broke into my house with a baseball bat and I shot and killed him or her, I would be charged. The police have a very difficult job, but that is what they wake up to do everyday. SAD to see such an abuse of power.
If someone broke into your house with a baseball bat and you waxed them you wouldn't be charged, genius. Some people just like talking out their a s s e s. Also, let me come at you swinging a baseball bat and see if you'd be so quick to use pepper spray or a taser.
Oralia Villa

Schaumburg, IL

#15 Jan 18, 2010
This was unjustified, come on (my Brother-N-Law) had a bat for god's sake. What could he have possibly done? The LCPD could have tazzered him or maybe shot him in the leg, shooting him to death was uncalled for. Now his poor kids have no daddy, the sad thing about all this is that the kids witnessed all this. WTF do you have clue on how much damage this has caused both families? He was a good guy and didn't deserve to be fatally shot..This has got to stop!! I think the Police need to get better training on how to respond to domestic disputes, POINT BLANK... May he R.I.P
He will be truly missed :(
Old time justice

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Jan 18, 2010
In China they would send the family a bill for the bullets.
Mrs Blue

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Jan 18, 2010
Oralia Villa wrote:
This was unjustified, come on (my Brother-N-Law) had a bat for god's sake. What could he have possibly done? The LCPD could have tazzered him or maybe shot him in the leg, shooting him to death was uncalled for. Now his poor kids have no daddy, the sad thing about all this is that the kids witnessed all this. WTF do you have clue on how much damage this has caused both families? He was a good guy and didn't deserve to be fatally shot..This has got to stop!! I think the Police need to get better training on how to respond to domestic disputes, POINT BLANK... May he R.I.P
He will be truly missed :(
Why were the cops called out to the home? Were you at the scene? Do you know first hand what happened? Yes, it is a shame that kids are without a father. It really is. This is a loss for all parties. Guess what....cops have kids/families too. We don't know what the officers were facing. Obviously the deceased did something troubling enough if his own family/friend/of whoever called the police. It is a very unfortunate situation, but we were not there.
Uncle Bobby From Way back

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Jan 18, 2010
Yes all the facts are not out so lets reserve judgment.

Hey but the funny thing is that had the shooting been done by a neighbor the police would have released all the details already. But because it involves one of their own they hold back.Why???...to get their stories straight maybe???

Cops always ask why a subject ran. Here is a good answer. Be afraid of the police...very afraid.

I sometimes wonder if we are not seeing more police shot because we trust the police way less and should.They have become brutal overall.

Oh and if it was just a baseball bat the guy had...where were the stun guns that are for that very situation.

After all the facts are in we will get the obligatory shooting justified review by our DA, Susana Martinez, who is married to a cop, and is too friendly with them overall to exercise independent judgment. Heck she probably has her opinion typed and ready already.
XYZ

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jan 18, 2010
Old time justice wrote:
In China they would send the family a bill for the bullets.
I wish all the criminals, losers, and their supporters would move to CHINA. Then we would not have these types of situations happen. One less loser to worry about.
Oralia Villa - Chicago

Schaumburg, IL

#21 Jan 18, 2010
Well it's obvious you don't have all the facts Mr. Police Officer!!! This was unjustified point blank! The officers were not in danger, Come on.. You can believe that I will do anything in my power to make sure that this case is thoroughly investigated and the officers that fatally shot my brother-n-law get what they deserve. Don't LCPD have tazzers??
XYZ

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Jan 18, 2010
Uncle Bobby From Way back wrote:
Yes all the facts are not out so lets reserve judgment.
Hey but the funny thing is that had the shooting been done by a neighbor the police would have released all the details already. But because it involves one of their own they hold back.Why???...to get their stories straight maybe???
Cops always ask why a subject ran. Here is a good answer. Be afraid of the police...very afraid.
I sometimes wonder if we are not seeing more police shot because we trust the police way less and should.They have become brutal overall.
Oh and if it was just a baseball bat the guy had...where were the stun guns that are for that very situation.
After all the facts are in we will get the obligatory shooting justified review by our DA, Susana Martinez, who is married to a cop, and is too friendly with them overall to exercise independent judgment. Heck she probably has her opinion typed and ready already.
Ahhh here we go again...Uncle Bobby. You are amazing. Were you at the scene? How do you know all of this stuff so you claim? Let me guess you practive tarot, right? I bet you are some zulu witch who can see everything, right? You always share such garbage on posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Unemployment rate rises for NM cities as other ... (Jul '13) 2 hr Horace 384
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 hr scirocco 71,697
nita tredway/rusak Wed Kimberly atencio 8
News Robbery suspect commits suicide - Alamogordo Da... (Feb '08) Wed Philly buster 84
News MMA fighter Joe Torrez's legal woes continue Wed King Joe Zarate 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Mar 23 Mr T 6,225
Don't lend money to friends Mar 21 Not that anyone c... 3
Las Cruces Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]