New Mexico State University president resigns

Oct 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Honolulu Advertiser

LAS CRUCES, N.M. >> New Mexico State University will begin a search for a new leader after President Barbara Couture stepped down today, effective immediately.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2012
AGGIES08

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Here is another example of a fat cat that gets
away with bailing out and the taxpayer being left holding the bag for $450,000 in buyout.

This is another disgusting public service
employee issue that paysoff someone that
should have been fired outright.

Scared to ask how much the no load athletic
director and lame football coach will get if
fired.

Vote NO ON PUBLIC EDUCATION BOND ISSUE 6 NOV
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

AGGIES08 wrote:
Here is another example of a fat cat that gets
away with bailing out and the taxpayer being left holding the bag for $450,000 in buyout.
This is another disgusting public service
employee issue that paysoff someone that
should have been fired outright.
Scared to ask how much the no load athletic
director and lame football coach will get if
fired.
Vote NO ON PUBLIC EDUCATION BOND ISSUE 6 NOV
Agree,

I am a graduate of NMSU from the 80s.

Last night I got a call from the Alumni association asking for a $150 donation. When I said no they kept asking and decreasing the amount evey time I said no.

When they got to the lowest amount I said no and explained my reasons:

1. The fact their fired Couture was a good thing but only a step in a journy of 1000 miles.

2. If NMSU can affort such lavish serverance (almost a half a million dollars) why do they need my help?

3. When will we see the cronies making big bucks go away as well?

4. Why did NMSU move $4 million for academics to atheletics when they had an "unexplained" shortfall and did not ask why the short fall occured or hold anyone accountable?

5. Why is the conferences the loosing worthless Aggie football team is in more importantant than maintaining accreditation of the Nursing program at DABCC?

5. Why is NMSU at a level of only around 60% rate of students completing and receiving degrees (the University can not do better than public K-12 schools in New Mexico)?

6. Why is the looser football coach the second highest paid employee?

When NMSU gets its collective sh*t together then maybe I will support it again. In my opinion that includes a new Board of Regents as well as a comlete change in the upper administration, decrease funding or outright dump the football program and once again focus on education and a good success rate in graduation (NMSU was warned on the low graduation rate just recently by the Department of Education).

I plan to vote NO on the bond and encourage others to do the same. It is "not for the kids", it is for people like Couture to get rich when they fail.

Unless things change alot my kids will go to New Mexico Tech or UTEP instead of NMSU. Never thought I would say that but this is not my NMSU anymore.

friofriocorazon

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

^^^What she said (with the emotional topic; a few spelling mistakes, etc. can be over looked).

How can the public get a vote on salary caps over at the University? This payoff is obscene. The board for offering it and the lady for accepting it. If she had integrity, she would tell the secrets that are being hidden and she would set up scholarships for for any NM student with ALL of it. There must be a way to tie any payouts to fraction of annual salary and a ratio of the minimum wage offered to employees.
student26

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

will the new president dump the football team who get free tuition, housing, and meal plan and put that towards other programs please?
Elsie YesSir

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Goodbye Blondie,
I will watch over the kids, and we will not miss you one iota. We will now look for the next two bits of nonsense from the Bored of Responsibility.

“ keep the loonies on the path.”

Since: Aug 10

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

How can it be that my tenant and NMSU student has not received his financial aid while clown Couture walks with a half million and a failing grade?
friofriocorazon

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

u know im right wrote:
How can it be that my tenant and NMSU student has not received his financial aid while clown Couture walks with a half million and a failing grade?
How can anyone at this clown college qualitfy to earn over twice as much as the country pays our nation's leader AND get a bonus for leaving that is bigger than their standard annual paycheck?
BarbaraC

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

I took your money and ran, suckers

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Las Cruces Forum right now

Search the Las Cruces Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
affrique (May '12) 18 min Sailboat1107 210
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Frijoles 68,374
Randy Mattingly and Olga Back 23 hr Family 1
county commissioners Wed behindschedule 1
las cruces sun news - going out of business Wed behindschedule 3
Interstate 10 overpass project at Mesquite exit... Wed behindschedule 1
patience of dr. ann mercer unit. Tue watchdog1 1
•••
•••