Here is another example of a fat cat that gets
away with bailing out and the taxpayer being left holding the bag for $450,000 in buyout.
This is another disgusting public service
employee issue that paysoff someone that
should have been fired outright.
Scared to ask how much the no load athletic
director and lame football coach will get if
Vote NO ON PUBLIC EDUCATION BOND ISSUE 6 NOV
I am a graduate of NMSU from the 80s.
Last night I got a call from the Alumni association asking for a $150 donation. When I said no they kept asking and decreasing the amount evey time I said no.
When they got to the lowest amount I said no and explained my reasons:
1. The fact their fired Couture was a good thing but only a step in a journy of 1000 miles.
2. If NMSU can affort such lavish serverance (almost a half a million dollars) why do they need my help?
3. When will we see the cronies making big bucks go away as well?
4. Why did NMSU move $4 million for academics to atheletics when they had an "unexplained" shortfall and did not ask why the short fall occured or hold anyone accountable?
5. Why is the conferences the loosing worthless Aggie football team is in more importantant than maintaining accreditation of the Nursing program at DABCC?
5. Why is NMSU at a level of only around 60% rate of students completing and receiving degrees (the University can not do better than public K-12 schools in New Mexico)?
6. Why is the looser football coach the second highest paid employee?
When NMSU gets its collective sh*t together then maybe I will support it again. In my opinion that includes a new Board of Regents as well as a comlete change in the upper administration, decrease funding or outright dump the football program and once again focus on education and a good success rate in graduation (NMSU was warned on the low graduation rate just recently by the Department of Education).
I plan to vote NO on the bond and encourage others to do the same. It is "not for the kids", it is for people like Couture to get rich when they fail.
Unless things change alot my kids will go to New Mexico Tech or UTEP instead of NMSU. Never thought I would say that but this is not my NMSU anymore.