New commenting system
Carole McAbee

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jul 9, 2011
I do not like this new system. Using my name is fine. But I no longer use facebook and resent the effort to force us into facebook. It is an invasion into my privacy and a loss of my freedom of speech.
Fun Facts

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jul 9, 2011
You don't have to use facebook. If there is a story in the sun news or the editorial page all you need to do is copy and paste on to this forum and start the thread.

LCSN has the right to control their property. Topix however is not their property. It is an open forum.

Today's sound off is already on this thread.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#3 Jul 9, 2011
Carole McAbee wrote:
I do not like this new system. Using my name is fine. But I no longer use facebook and resent the effort to force us into facebook. It is an invasion into my privacy and a loss of my freedom of speech.
I agree. I don't like it either.

The LCSN push into FACE BOOK has reduced my DAILY visits to
The Las Cruces Sun News web pages (almost entirely). FaceBook is a destination just like Topix is. They are different and I don't want to share my FaceBook with TOPIX. Don't and won't.

Since I stopped receiving the
news printed paper news version a few years ago, TOPIX was at least guaranteed to invite me to not only read the headlines and community new stories, I enjoyed TOPIX as an entertainment destination on my computers. Now, I read the obits, front page and that's it. Try selling that to your online business advertising subscribers.

Some Topix editor somewhere dredges up Topix threads from many months and some cases years old to try to re-invigorate the forum.

It's not really getting it done, is it?

Bring back the TOPIX forum before you lose any more readers to inactivity.

“Phooey on Politicians”

Since: Jan 11

Politicians are full of BS!!

#4 Jul 9, 2011
There is a "new" Topix that gets the majority of articles from the LCSN. You will need to bookmark the page as the LCSN will not take you there anymore. Here is the link:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/las-cruces-nm
bad idea

United States

#5 Aug 5, 2011
I am more interested in the Deming Headlight than the Las Cruces Sun News, Ruidoso, etc. It appears to be a mixed mess of all the news papers. Too much extra stuff and fluff to sort out for me. Face book, no thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Las Cruces, New Mexico Sued to Remove 'Cruces" ... (Aug '06) Mar 21 Hey troll 8
News Cattle Baron founder/CEO dies (Dec '10) Mar 17 You need help 32
nm cafe director lied Mar 16 To the Clueless L... 3
News BREAKING: Shooting reported near South Main and... (Mar '11) Mar 16 Waiter 79
Anyone Know "Doc" Daniel Brandt? Mar 14 Becka 11
News Undersheriff slides into new position with OCSO (Apr '13) Mar 6 Nojoke 41
Review: Reaper Repo Towing & Recovery Inc (Jul '12) Mar 2 Jax 2

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages