Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6886 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

MoreMartinezExpo sure

Albuquerque, NM

#6702 Dec 6, 2013
Here's some more, an article about how she is now losing faith/face with the media her pimp, McCleskey, tried so hard to pay away.

From Joe Monahan's blog:
"The lawsuits alleging violations of the Inspection of Public Records Act are the latest by media and watchdog groups against Martinez, who has promoted herself as a strong advocate of a transparent government.

Susana started her term promising a new transparency, but the media is seeing mostly a black curtain."

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/215971d...

Is that Kaddish I'm hearing ,for Martinez/McCleskey/PerryHCA/Pe trol/Skandera?
MartineZStinksMo re

Albuquerque, NM

#6704 Dec 12, 2013
http://ratonrange.com/governors-prosecutorial...

"Governor’s prosecutorial roots showing
Upon Reflection by Hal Rhodes
•
During the recent campaign, New Mexicans heard a great deal from their Republican and Democratic gubernatorial candidates, Susana Martinez and Diane Denish, about the proposals they would submit to the 2011 Legislature for dealing with the state’s wickedly unbalanced budget.
Those proposals, with variations on themes, boiled down to promises neither to hike taxes nor to cut spending on education and Medicaid. Hardly anyone versed in the realities of New Mexico’s budget woes considered the candidates’ budget-balancing notions in the least plausible.
So upon taking office last week, media types and others wondered if the new governor would reveal the balanced-budget alchemy behind her claim that there was a realistic way for the upcoming Legislature to match necessary expenditures to anticipated revenues without raising taxes or cutting spending on the two programs, education and Medicaid, that constitute the largest share of that budget.
Unable or unwilling to answer such questions, Gov. Martinez cleverly changed the subject by making it known that she wants the upcoming Legislature to broaden the state’s law mandating DNA sampling of adults arrested for violent felony offenses, such as murder, armed robbery and sex crimes, including rape."

Cleverly changed the subject. Yep, because McCleskey knows she can't win, so she will change it to something the courts, like all her other changes, will have to re-explain to her she cannot do.

More distraction, still no work. No wonder she was DA in Las Cruces.
TerranceFriend

Albuquerque, NM

#6705 Dec 13, 2013
Friday the 13th Roundup on the rotund Wolf in the Gov's office.

From Joe Monahan:

http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/

"About that 10 percent raise the Guv is now proposing for new school teachers. Our read? Martinez may be suffering some from the chaotic public debate over teacher evaluation tests. The raise seems aimed at shoring up public support that could be waning."

and then...
"Maybe another reason Martinez is waving a bone under the noses of potential teachers is the number we are losing. This education blog argues it is due in part because of the new teacher evaluation system."

Martinez was supposed to be the transparent Guv, she is a liar instead. Nothing transparent at all. No audits or even attempts at audits have been done regularly. Hector Balderas has not been given any of the money he needs, leading to Monahan saying

"Maybe we might want to audit where all the book money goes?"

"The problem? The Examiner is owned by billionaire conservative Phillip Anschutz and is an unabashed mouthpiece for the conservative movement. The buoyant profile of Martinez in the pages of the Examiner's magazine does nothing to offset the damage done to Martinez and McCleskey in the national media and political circles as a result of the the National Journal piece.

There was little chance for the Guv to get any push back to the National Journal in other mainstream media simply because it pretty much nailed what is happening in the New Mexican government---that Martinez is inordinately dependent on McCleskey to call her shots and that his influence--to use the National Journal's words--could be "her downfall."

Martinez insists that she is no puppet but yet she avoids any adversarial journalism to explore the point, even as she encourages stories about her possibility as a vice-presidential candidate."

Martinez dropped the ball, and her supporters made it worse, on the National Journal article. Her name is now Mudd.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6707 Dec 22, 2013
Hmmm just doing a random Martinez check and I come across this:

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/215971...

Then I thought how many times has she been sued and came up with this:

http://civicpolicy.com/gov-martinez-sued-agai...

http://alibi.com/news/35431/Guv-Sued-Over-Eco...

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_23607361/mental...

http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/newmexico/2011...

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_n...

http://www.daily-times.com/nmnews/ci_24224333...

And I know there are several others. During this search I came across this:

http://nmindepth.com/2013/01/07/once-a-skepti...

and reading it came across this nugget of information:

"But the state is losing jobs, and other economic indicators show slower growth than nationally."

Didn't she promise job growth??? Ah but her flip-flopping was also found here:

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/new-mexico-...

And no one can even say she didn't flip when it was national news:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainment...

She's a liar and a cheat. Nothing but a fraud.

So in her tenure as governor she's cost the state of New Mexico the expense of several lawsuits that she lost. Costing the state an untold amount of money. She's cost the state jobs. She's cost the children of New Mexico by poor education standards.

The funny thing about her especially with this transparency thing is that she truly believes in transparency of government. In other words every other agency, department or personnel should be transparent, but not her. Just when she was District Attorney, the law and the rules of the court applied to everyone else except her.

And the people who follow and support her obviously don't care about truth, the law, or have any moral standards because those ideals apply to everyone else, except them. Birds of a feather...
NMLoses

Albuquerque, NM

#6709 Dec 22, 2013
Martinez is the GREATEST wrote:
Martinez wins re-election in a land slide.
And NM loses even more jobs. But the private companies which bought our state win, instead!
get with it

Carlsbad, NM

#6711 Dec 27, 2013
I will vote for my dog. She is faithful, loyal and hardworking. She likes anyone unconditionally and by God, she has a true caring heart. BRANDY the Boxer for NM Governer 2014!!!

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6712 Dec 29, 2013
wow who removed my post?!?!?!

Seems someone doesn't want people to know the truth!!!

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6713 Dec 29, 2013
If a moderator removed my post they should've at least alerted me to what was wrong with my freedom of expression!

however if it was some sore loser supporter who flagged my post as abuse then that truly shows their ignorance.
The_One_True_Moe

Rio Rancho, NM

#6714 Dec 29, 2013
Sometimes, when I'm asleep, I can feel Susanna Martinez thinking about the state of New Mexico. Other times I can feel the voices trying to take control of my body, but I don't let them, because if I do, the terrorists win.
hunting forjobs

Glendale, AZ

#6715 Jan 2, 2014
Worst Job Growth this past year(2013) among all 9 western states.WOW

With this kind of performance going forward, there is no doubt, re-election could become her biggest issue.
BrianaWouldDieNo w

Albuquerque, NM

#6716 Jan 2, 2014
justice is just a choice wrote:
If a moderator removed my post they should've at least alerted me to what was wrong with my freedom of expression!
however if it was some sore loser supporter who flagged my post as abuse then that truly shows their ignorance.
NM Drops to 50th in Nation for Child Well-being in 2013 KIDS COUNT Data Book

http://www.nmvoices.org/archives/2860

This, and the CYFD investigation, prove one thing-Gov Martinez has failed Nm kids, and Briana would be more likely now to die under her governorship, which is contrary to her election promises.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#6717 Jan 2, 2014
wow who removed my post?!?!?!
Seems someone doesn't want people to know the truth!!!
I thought your post,#6707, was informative, and your sources checked out pretty good.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6718 Jan 4, 2014
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought your post,#6707, was informative, and your sources checked out pretty good.
Thank you.
That's the one that was missing.

I'm gathering some other data that I think you and others will find quite interesting.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6720 Jan 4, 2014
Truth teller wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you try telling the truth for once in your life jail bird..
"You can't handle the truth!!!"

Okay, you asked for it.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6722 Jan 5, 2014
Some people instigate confrontations and then when assailed bitch and complain.

You asked for the truth, you're about to get it.
Truthier

Albuquerque, NM

#6724 Jan 6, 2014
Truth wrote:
Some people will never learn. They will just go through their entire life miserable and whining about everything.
I know. I thot you guys usually committed suicide by now, honestly. But you just keep reposting, and voting republican.
Truthier

Albuquerque, NM

#6725 Jan 6, 2014
Truth wrote:
How many years have you been on here whining and crying and you haven't changed a thing. That speaks volumes about your mental state.
He was acquitted, and your Gov. McCleskey lost. You are the only loser here.

Maybe McCleskey should fist you harder, and you will get the picture. Say hi to "bowl cut" for us, make sure she obeys, too, like a good stooge!

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6728 Jan 6, 2014
Truth wrote:
How many years have you been on here whining and crying and you haven't changed a thing. That speaks volumes about your mental state.
Hmmm the only person on here crying is you.

I'm not complaining about anything except calling you a stupid ass fool.

You ask for something or state some fact I show you how wrong you are and your reply is that I'm whining and complaining. That's almost hilarious if it weren't for the fact that you're truly a fool.

Next time you find time to get your face off Susana's ass, ask her how many times did she file false charges against someone. How many times did she fabricate criminal charges? Ask her how many times she lied to get what she wanted. Hell I doubt the Smithsonian could hold that amount data. Probably not a big enough computer on earth to even calculate how many times she's lied. That calculation would take longer than writing out pi!
Remember

Huntsville, AL

#6730 Jan 7, 2014
Truth Teller wrote:
Martinez is the greatest thing this state has ever seen. God bless her and those like her..
sarcasm doesn't really work on Topix. Too many stupid people don't catch on to the joke.
DoubleDeuce

Albuquerque, NM

#6731 Jan 7, 2014
<quoted text>
Hmmm the only person on here crying is you.
I'm not complaining about anything except calling you a stupid ass fool.
You ask for something or state some fact I show you how wrong you are and your reply is that I'm whining and complaining. That's almost hilarious if it weren't for the fact that you're truly a fool.
Next time you find time to get your face off Susana's ass, ask her how many times did she file false charges against someone. How many times did she fabricate criminal charges? Ask her how many times she lied to get what she wanted. Hell I doubt the Smithsonian could hold that amount data. Probably not a big enough computer on earth to even calculate how many times she's lied. That calculation would take longer than writing out pi!
She does not have enough fingers and toes for that. too many to count. Just put down "all". She did let convicted drug dealers and child molestors go free.

She never married anyone before just right before the election. That looks arranged, like Heather Wilson's marriage. Is she covering for being a lesbian? why didn't she want to have kids?

Did you see the ABQ Journal article? Read it, and laugh, and then read the complaint pages about CPS nationwide. No one but a judge can compel you to take classes, we found that out when my step daughter turned us in, along with other of my Honey's family, 8 times to CPS. Passed every time. The reason why Cops do most of the successful referrals is they are LEO, and it has to be an emergency. I think instead we should give more money to cops for cop training, eliminate CPS entirely. I'm sure she knows that already, too.

Did you notice, all of the child attacks have been dysfunctional adult women toward male-only sons? I think there is a Martinez-like effect going on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
please come see me 21 hr Yes Baby 29
demo rats running away from their history Thu Bloodonhishands 1
affrique (May '12) Jul 28 anonymous 245
Safari Jul 27 Old School 1
billary for prison 2016 Jul 25 Bloodonhishands 1
News NMSU plans to eliminate 126 jobs Jul 25 Really 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 24 TWP 72,037

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages