Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6990 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6674 Nov 18, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a prosecutor, not an administrator. She works to push her point of view, not to do what is right. That is the entire problem. she cannot do the job, and the state jobs, employment, and business numbers all show that.
She is not like Richardson at all. Richardson worked with people. She does not, and has cruddy reputation even with other women.
The reason she was elected is a combo of the fact she had a massively well-funded pr campaign by her supporters, who include the Perry family who make the rape jokes, and the fact the Democratic party keeps refusing to do anything to run a decent candidate. even tho they have people capable, they seem to be focusing on tactical issues, never on strategy.
She has no numbers going for her at all. And what do the dems do? Nothing.
Didjer see how people like the Journal, despite most Nm hating Skamzera, she gets play? she cannot legally sign or enforce policy, keeps pimping a former donor, and has ruined Nm's education, but the ABQ Urinal keeps running headlines about being mad about Brooks, who actually is legally doing his job, and halfway decently, too.
It's thataway with every NM political set up. All pr, no one looking at the numbers. Her own appointee, Martinez's, was indicted on felony fraud, none of her policy initiatives have worked, and yet she gets pr like she shows up to work all the time. She gets away with it because biz stinks in NM. Even tho they take it in the behind, they still support her, based on memes and other policy decisions made nationally that did not work.
What's funny is, she's republican and the republican party rails against "big" government. Well to me placing 29 people into an agency when the agency really isn't needed is big government, but as noted she's a hypocrite. Says one thing and does the exact opposite and when caught in the wrong she blames someone else.
Suzi Cream Cheese

Farmington, NM

#6676 Nov 19, 2013
Caught me
robert

Silver City, NM

#6677 Nov 20, 2013
Raider wrote:
Great another TEXAN running our government, have we all forgotten how well BUSH did? Where was the border patrol when she crossed into New Mexico.
Susana martinez is a sweet person SHE IS NOT LIKE some of our politicians if she errors its always on the side of kindness.
were lucky to have some one like her.
she really does care and thats why she run for governor and Got
voted to be our governor by many democrates also .
since we have to be ruled over by some one i would like to have some one like her do it Simply because she likes people and has a kind spirit torwards every one..
robert

Silver City, NM

#6678 Nov 20, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hating on Christians is to be expected from what pass for Democrats during the Obama Era. Chrisianity is the enemy of the Religion of Progressivism. Christianity brings families together. Obama people succeed when they successfully Hypenate citizens into mere fractions of Americans. For them to succeed Americans have to be "less than".
Dan i dont think thats true .I think the anti christian democrates are just more vocal than the christians in the democratic party.
and we have many athieists our selves in the republican party
that are equaly anti christian just not as vocal about it.
yes i do think your right that america is becoming more and more split apart it does seem their is a war against christians .
no matter what political party they are in..
robert

Silver City, NM

#6679 Nov 20, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, as George Barna pointed out years ago, Christianity splits families up, both with extra pressure and divorce, and the game-playing that's allowed when cheap grace is the standard. And that is a fact. Atheists have the lowest divorce rate.
Actualy its christ teachings that divide the sheep from the goats
and thats why families part ways .

and i take you have read a little what Dietrich Bonhoeffer
had to say since it was he that coined the phrase "cheap grace"

refering to how many christians keep on with their pet sins even while knowing what Christ did on the cross for them .
and yes those actions by some people does give all christians a black eye.

you say Athieists have the lowest devorce rate.

and the christian responce to that simply is .

God the Son died for them on the cross also and for Jesus sake alone who died for them ..God loves and give them blessings to.

Christian

Albuquerque, NM

#6681 Dec 1, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny is, she's republican and the republican party rails against "big" government. Well to me placing 29 people into an agency when the agency really isn't needed is big government, but as noted she's a hypocrite. Says one thing and does the exact opposite and when caught in the wrong she blames someone else.
You know, it's almost difficult for me to believe you are just some coach from Cruces. I mean, your comments are insightful, you rarely fall for your opponent's bull. You are really good at putting things back into truthful responses.

Did you see this from National Journal? They are blaming McCleskey, but admit she just follows his lead, she is a stooge.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/the-m...

What do you think of the article?

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6683 Dec 1, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, it's almost difficult for me to believe you are just some coach from Cruces. I mean, your comments are insightful, you rarely fall for your opponent's bull. You are really good at putting things back into truthful responses.
Did you see this from National Journal? They are blaming McCleskey, but admit she just follows his lead, she is a stooge.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/the-m...
What do you think of the article?
Amazing. Now I see how and why she gets away with her BS. She's being controlled and perhaps by someone higher or at least over this McClesky fellow.

So Martinez is supposedly running things and when people catch sight of McClesky Martinez screams "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

That's hilarious!

Thanks for that article

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6685 Dec 1, 2013
Victim wrote:
<quoted text>He can't reply to you right now sweetie, the great coach is back in jail where he belongs. Try Saturday mornings for visiting hours. Maybe you two nit wits can have a jail house wedding with Charles Manson as your best man.
The only true thing in your comment is I am a "great coach" so thanks. However this in jail crap, if you were trying to be funny no one noticed. What's funny is you are so much like Martinez, want to put people in jail just because you want to. They don't have to commit a crime you just don't like them so you want them arrested. Last I checked no state, not even New Mexico, has a penal statutes that says a person will be arrested because you want them to or they should be arrested because you don't like them.

But that's how Martinez ran the DA's office for 2 decades. And whenever she didn't get a conviction she used the media to tarnish the person's reputation or as was told to me by an attorney. "She lost the case then her and her staff would hound the guy and tell the people wherever he tried getting a job to not hire him because he committed a crime."

I can't say there's any truth to that statement, I doubted most of what this guy told me because he wanted me to plead guilty to a crime that obviously did not occur. So most of what he said was to me foolishness, but I have witnessed Martinez's handiwork and I know she will go to no end to win a case, breaks rules, violate procedures and even commit crimes to get her way, that's just how she is. So reading the above article it's matter of fact, it's "of course she did" because I know how she is.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6686 Dec 1, 2013
Victim wrote:
<quoted text>Look the whiner got released early. Poor, poor, pitiful him, the entire world is against him. Look in the mirror loser!
Look the dipshit made another post!

How can I get released from somewhere I haven't been? You're stupid.

I never said the world is against me. Isn't the judge a part of this world? Did he not rule a directed verdict? Did not my last public defender fight for my innocence? Are there not several people on this thread who support my comments?

So then obviously "the world" isn't against me. Maybe Martinez's world, yes (the one you're in), but the world the rest of us smart people are in is not against me.

Of course you'll return with even more gross stupidity.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6688 Dec 1, 2013
Victim wrote:
<quoted text>This slack jawed MoRon attacks me almost as good as he does little girls. What a perverted piece of garbage. You got arrested for a reason and you know what that reason was for. I have your criminal record right here..
You keep saying that and I will reply once again. Oscar Ferralez had me arrested for a crime that did not occur. He charged me with violating a court order, a court order that never existed.

4 years later the prosecution confessed under oath that no crime occurred.

So I don't know how in the world you think something happened when in a court of law they themselves said nothing did.

Like I said you continue to post in clear stupidity. So return once again with your ignorance.
RpublicansLie

Albuquerque, NM

#6690 Dec 2, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying that and I will reply once again. Oscar Ferralez had me arrested for a crime that did not occur. He charged me with violating a court order, a court order that never existed.
4 years later the prosecution confessed under oath that no crime occurred.
So I don't know how in the world you think something happened when in a court of law they themselves said nothing did.
Like I said you continue to post in clear stupidity. So return once again with your ignorance.
It's to irritate and wear you down. They know they lie. He's probably getting high at Kroger's right now, waiting for his second o'd. I'm surprised he didn't blame you for his inability to get it up, too. But he'd have to admit he placed his wienie in your hands first, and Martinez is already all over that. Or McCleskey, you know , the Real Governor.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#6692 Dec 3, 2013
Instead of getting a Governor that governs and oversees New Mexican growth, New Mexican environment, New Mexican education, New Mexican jobs, New Mexican water supplies, and New Mexican infrastructure improvements, we got a prosecutor that shut down New Mexican mental health services, then replaced New Mexican mental health providers with mental health providers from Arizona. She did this to our great and beautiful New Mexico and I for one will never forget or forgive her.
XandO

United States

#6693 Dec 4, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hating on Christians is to be expected from what pass for Democrats during the Obama Era. Chrisianity is the enemy of the Religion of Progressivism. Christianity brings families together. Obama people succeed when they successfully Hypenate citizens into mere fractions of Americans. For them to succeed Americans have to be "less than".
Christianity brings families together? Factual data shows otherwise. Divorce rates among "Bible believing" Christians is higher than it is for atheists. Divorce rates are also higher in what is known as the Bible Belt section of the US than in other areas.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistfamiliesma...
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#6694 Dec 4, 2013
The Christian family that does not allow the woman to orgasm is the source of many divorces. Male over-estimations of their own power is the sole reason for even a larger percentage of divorces. When men realize that most women, (excluding the Susanne Martinezes of the world), are at least as smart, if not smarter, and yield more and better power than most men, men will live a fuller and more pleasant, longer life.
Martinez Ruins employment

Albuquerque, NM

#6695 Dec 5, 2013
"New Mexico: 1,900 jobs added, 0.2 percent growth"

LowESt job growth ever, all under MARTINEZ. Anyone still think we need tax breaks?
Martinez Ruins employment

Albuquerque, NM

#6696 Dec 5, 2013
http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/news/2...

We do not need a larger labor pool, we have a ridiculous amount of unemployed, they are just falling off the rolls due to Screwsanna not providing jobs.

As long as we have more unemployed than jobs, we do not need a larger labor pool. Employers just need to start hiring people, and take what they are given.
dontworryBEEhapp y

Glendale, AZ

#6697 Dec 5, 2013
Gorky wrote:
The Christian family that does not allow the woman to orgasm is the source of many divorces. Male over-estimations of their own power is the sole reason for even a larger percentage of divorces. When men realize that most women,(excluding the Susanne Martinezes of the world), are at least as smart, if not smarter, and yield more and better power than most men, men will live a fuller and more pleasant, longer life.
It's so sad and unfortunate no listened to Queen Cleopatra....and her angry bees.
TerranceFriend

Albuquerque, NM

#6698 Dec 5, 2013
Well, the explosion from the Religious Right's denunciation of our ex-communicated Catholic Governor's profound do-nothing gover)norship, mixed with the revelation that the oil companies and McCleskey, a woman-beating child molestor (who MARRIED the 17 year old he knocked up) have finally riled the news paper and media people into coming out of their coma.

Here's the Mother Jones article showing Oil owns our state, not you, since you decided to let Martinez run the state into the ground.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/11/w...

Does your HS kid have gonnorrhea or chalmydia? Thank Martinez, she wanted to buy off the SF archdiocese by sounding catholic and promoting abstinence only and reducing the expense for getting kids condoms.

http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_20680251/hea...

"During the interview, it was mentioned that gonorrhea and chlamydia rates were up 50 percent."

So, the kids aren't screwing nay less, so that means, she just gave them two VD epidemics. Thanks, Martinez!

McCleskey, in addition to telling the Governor what to do as her puppet-string puller, he then told women in general, they can't tell people the truth, because he as a male had decided they could not. Yep, he told women what to think. They fought back.

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-news/ci_...

"Even the governor's friends wonder why she keeps McCleskey so close, and her enemies wonder who's running the show. Her male spokesmen have called the questioning sexist. As a card-carrying feminist, I can assure you it's not sexist. Former Gov. Bill Richardson, the man Martinez loves to hate, had no such person around. Neither did Gary Johnson or Bruce King."

That's right, the very people Martinez tried to enlist as her support for being for her, then belittled people for saying that her being a puppet was sexist, yep, them people's done told her, the gov's critics are right. A woman controlled by a wealthy oil family's sociopath son, is not a feminist, but an old school actress and subservient. Not even ripping a guy away from his wife and kid, and getting him to stay home wearing pink panties, changed that. Remember how she ordered marriage manuals? Could it be because the marriage was staged to look real, like her governorship and ideas?

Lookit at this telling comment..."Martinez has angrily responded that, of course, she's in the driver's seat. That's the heart of the matter. The very fact that she has to reassure the public that she's in charge tells us there are doubts. It's not a problem a female leader wants to have."

No, she is not in the driver's seat except as McCleskey's chauffeur. That doesn't mean she makes decisions, it means she takes orders.

"I had wondered why the governor would go out of her way to pick a fight with the Legislature during her first two sessions and why she would pepper the State of the State speech with combative language. Maybe it was the act of a political newbie with a district-attorney persona, I thought. Then I began hearing legislators joke about "the fifth floor," meaning McCleskey. Whose idea was it to poke a stick at the caged bear -- the governor or her Rasputin?"

Rasputin, because people in NM are silly enough to think anger=confidence, when it just means anger, a politician with no emotional self-control.

"Hey honey, when you turn right up ahead, whatcha say you get Mr. McCleskey his coffee, hmmm?"

Pot-kettle-black.

We can elect anyone at all, who will have a better record that she does. And be honest.

Need to hire someone to do the roof repair on the Guv's mansion, governor? Talk to Sanchez! He knows a crew! Cheap!
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#6700 Dec 6, 2013
dontworryBEEhappy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so sad and unfortunate no listened to Queen Cleopatra....and her angry bees.
It's never too late, eh?
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#6701 Dec 6, 2013
We should never turn a prosecutor loose on schools, health and mental health services, or anything related to children or anything outside a courthouse. I hope our Great State of New Mexico survives this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NMSU student promotes understanding with free Q... Dec 4 Khan the liar 3
Ivan Dec 1 Yep 2
daso and da office - another $210 k loss Nov 28 SycNtired 3
ABQ Rail Runner Is Excellent Nov 28 Las Cruces Needs It2 1
da dantonio released two officers involved in j... Nov 26 Wow 1
nita tredway/rusak (Mar '15) Nov 21 Nita rusak 15
mhs football Nov 11 Trojan1 2

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance