New laws take effect July 1 in N.M.

Police will collect DNA samples from everybody arrested in a felony case in New Mexico starting July 1. The bill, called Katie's Law, expands an existing statute that required DNA collections in certain felonies, mostly crimes of violence. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#1 Jun 22, 2011
Police will collect DNA samples from everybody arrested in a felony case in New Mexico starting July 1.

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
So this

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jun 22, 2011
Chaos Undercover wrote:
Police will collect DNA samples from everybody arrested in a felony case in New Mexico starting July 1.
GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
is what? pro-constitution?
The TEXAN

Farmington, NM

#3 Jun 23, 2011
I wonder if i can get my pigs some protection from petifilers?......

i guss, i can ask you folks, with no lifes and sit at the cmputer all that question...well?

The Shadow knows.........circa 2011

Since: Apr 09

Haras Cay, Belize

#4 Jun 23, 2011
Somehow I knew you would get "the TEXAN" in here.

Things must be slow in Farmington.

And what's with the Pigs? Who gives a crap about pigs? You have some strange hang-ups dude.?Strange.

Oh well..

The Shadow knows.....(you like the Shadow knows stuff don't you?....)....circa today.
2cool4school

Farmington, NM

#5 Jun 23, 2011
Pigs are good eatin TEXAN,...over yonder, do you pig farmer eat puppies?...

Over here, there good eatin,..nice an tender.....

Got somme more meds....life is great!

The Shadow knows.....cira 2011

“Navy veteran. ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Jun 23, 2011
So how long will it be before we have to give DNA samples at birth? How much is this going to cost to keep and store? Are there any safeguard to keep the samples from being accessed by non-authorized personal?
What are the procedures for DNA collected at a crime scene?
I would hate to be the smuck who spent the night before in a hotel room that had a murder in it. Ten years later you are caught up in a situation where you have to give a DNA sample and bam you have to explain what you were doing in that room ten years before.

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#8 Jun 23, 2011
So this wrote:
<quoted text>
is what? pro-constitution?
Its not pro constitution, nor is it against the constitution. When one gets arrested and it booked they have to give up finger prints, so whats the difference in giving up some DNA?
If one doesnt want to give up their DNA then they should keep their nose outta trouble. Yes they are innocent until proven guilty, but for a person to be arrested there has to be reasonable proof that he or she committed the crime.
Johnny 4F

Farmington, NM

#9 Jun 24, 2011
good

“Navy veteran. ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#10 Jun 24, 2011
Chaos Undercover wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not pro constitution, nor is it against the constitution. When one gets arrested and it booked they have to give up finger prints, so whats the difference in giving up some DNA?
If one doesnt want to give up their DNA then they should keep their nose outta trouble. Yes they are innocent until proven guilty, but for a person to be arrested there has to be reasonable proof that he or she committed the crime.
There is a big difference. DNA is who your are. You are giving the government access to everything about you genetically. It can also be used to ID your siblings, children, your parents and so on. There are no safeguards on the samples provided. Plus the samples are taken solely on a charge and not a conviction. It is very difficult to get out of the system once you are in it, and the cost is huge.
Nobody wants insurance to have access to their DNA, Why would would want to let the government have it.
Hillary

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jun 24, 2011
US Navy wrote:
So how long will it be before we have to give DNA samples at birth? How much is this going to cost to keep and store? Are there any safeguard to keep the samples from being accessed by non-authorized personal?
What are the procedures for DNA collected at a crime scene?
I would hate to be the smuck who spent the night before in a hotel room that had a murder in it. Ten years later you are caught up in a situation where you have to give a DNA sample and bam you have to explain what you were doing in that room ten years before.
Not long. This country is full of highly educated people (no common sense at all) and they will rightfully sign away all the constitutional rights. Did You hear that? Goose stepping sounds of the blind loyalist.
yip yap yup

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Jun 24, 2011
US Navy wrote:
So how long will it be before we have to give DNA samples at birth? How much is this going to cost to keep and store? Are there any safeguard to keep the samples from being accessed by non-authorized personal?
What are the procedures for DNA collected at a crime scene?
I would hate to be the smuck who spent the night before in a hotel room that had a murder in it. Ten years later you are caught up in a situation where you have to give a DNA sample and bam you have to explain what you were doing in that room ten years before.
Sorry to inform you, but the future you depict about DNA is already here. Guess how bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, "Chemical Ali," and so many others were so quicky by DNA after capture?

And it gets worse. As a buddy in the defense industry commented, "If you can see the sky you can be seen - and probably are."

You worse conspiracy theories pale in comparison to reality. Grow up, and deal with it. So many others have with large quantities of Valium.

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#13 Jun 24, 2011
US Navy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference. DNA is who your are. You are giving the government access to everything about you genetically. It can also be used to ID your siblings, children, your parents and so on. There are no safeguards on the samples provided. Plus the samples are taken solely on a charge and not a conviction. It is very difficult to get out of the system once you are in it, and the cost is huge.
Nobody wants insurance to have access to their DNA, Why would would want to let the government have it.
You do have a point. But say for instance you were arrested on suspicion of murder. You are tried and aquitted. Yes your DNA is still in NCIC, but if you do not committ a crime you have nothing to worry about. ANd so what if your DNA can ID your family members. IF they keep their nose clean they have no worries either!!!

Since: Apr 09

Haras Cay, Belize

#14 Jun 25, 2011
There would be a lot of people NOT IN PRISON if everyone had a DNA on file.

If you don't do anyting wrong, why should you worry?

Or, as Alfred E. Newman would say, "What?..Me Worry"......

Buenos dias, Como cada on hoy es?
Anti-Chaos

Alamogordo, NM

#15 Jun 25, 2011
Chaos Undercover wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have a point. But say for instance you were arrested on suspicion of murder. You are tried and aquitted. Yes your DNA is still in NCIC, but if you do not committ a crime you have nothing to worry about. ANd so what if your DNA can ID your family members. IF they keep their nose clean they have no worries either!!!
What do noses have to do with it?

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#16 Jun 25, 2011
Anti-Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>
What do noses have to do with it?
Ir "noses" has to be explained to you then you really need to get off the dope!
Pro

Santa Fe, NM

#17 Jun 25, 2011
Chaos Undercover wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have a point. But say for instance you were arrested on suspicion of murder. You are tried and aquitted. Yes your DNA is still in NCIC, but if you do not committ a crime you have nothing to worry about. ANd so what if your DNA can ID your family members. IF they keep their nose clean they have no worries either!!!
constitution LOL. This just shows the idiocy of people of our self-proclaimed Internet constitutional scholars.
Dexter

Farmington, NM

#18 Jun 26, 2011
Bet it don't....

Bet the ACLU wins.....
MeanMan

Farmington, NM

#19 Jun 26, 2011
The TEXAN wrote:
...i can ask you folks, with no lifes and sit at the cmputer...
It's funny because it's so much like a 45-year-old fat guy in a plaid suit with gigantic collars and gold chains, bopping his hip in a night club, holding some skinny drink with a sexy name, talking about how lame people are who hang out at this club.
Ueber Liberal Elite

United States

#20 Jun 26, 2011
Dexter wrote:
Bet it don't....
Bet the ACLU wins.....
I'll take that bet. In case after case, courts have decided that taking DNA as part of a booking-in process is no more invasive than taking someone's fingerprints.

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#21 Jun 26, 2011
Dexter wrote:
Bet it don't....
Bet the ACLU wins.....
You may as well hand over your money! You will lose that bet. I am sure the ACLU will get involved as soon as the first black man/woman or some other minority has to give up DNA but the courts will laugh it out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Claudette Ortiz: Mountains aren t supposed to die (Oct '10) 6 hr nunya 11
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr J RULES 71,255
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) 10 hr L Morales 175
Allen Theaters drops screenings of 'The Intervi... Dec 23 MuricanHero 2
Fred Brito fired again for using a false name (Mar '07) Dec 22 myself 22
Ariel Dougherty and Sophia Peron: Financial woe... Dec 20 scammed 17
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) Dec 20 Tell Me AnotherOne 58
Las Cruces Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Las Cruces News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Las Cruces

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:05 am PST

NBC Sports 8:05AM
Report: Drew Stanton being treated for infection
NFL 8:06 AM
Drew Stanton could be out for rest of Cardinals' season
ESPN 8:58 AM
Sources: Stanton has scope; out indefinitely
NBC Sports 9:17 AM
It's too late for a Kurt Warner comeback
NBC Sports10:50 AM
Given his history, Stanton infection creates heightened concern