Thousands celebrate diversity of Las ...

Thousands celebrate diversity of Las Cruces at pride fest

There are 34 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 18, 2011, titled Thousands celebrate diversity of Las Cruces at pride fest. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Thousands of supporters celebrated the diversity of the Las Cruces community during this year's Southern New Mexico Pride Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JThom

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Jun 19, 2011
This country has never been so ripe for God's judgement!

“Rejecting the Status Quo ”

Since: Jul 08

LCNM

#2 Jun 19, 2011
Whose god? Yours?
Great Job SNMP

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jun 19, 2011
lcnative

Tarentum, PA

#4 Jun 19, 2011
Every area has that one quack that thinks their opinion is that of the whole world. The fact that there was only this one is pretty amazing in itself. A large gathering of people all smiling and full of love is pretty amazing too! Should have more of these get togethers.
SaabGuy

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jun 19, 2011
Sooner or later people like the the white trash ignorant person who chose to speak his own view of Christianity with a magic marker on the back of a refrigerator box will be irrelevant. I moved to LC because I love the diversity of its people.
Huerta can win

Huntsville, AL

#6 Jun 19, 2011
2000 LGBT and LGBT supportive People showed up?!

Thats more than half the votes you need to win a Mayoral race! Go Michael Huerta!!!
Connor for Mayor

Huntsville, AL

#8 Jun 19, 2011
Huerta can win wrote:
2000 LGBT and LGBT supportive People showed up?!
Thats more than half the votes you need to win a Mayoral race! Go Michael Huerta!!!
The only contest Huerta will win is the Drag queen one...
veritas

United States

#9 Jun 19, 2011
Sodom and gommora
Carlos Spiceeweiner

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jun 19, 2011
veritas wrote:
Sodom and gommora
Spelling and punctuation.

Since: Sep 10

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jun 19, 2011
Do I think its right? no, but I could care less what adults do with their personal lives as long as it doesnt affect me.

“Marching to my own drum beat.”

Since: Mar 11

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Jun 19, 2011
Las Cruces is diverse, isn't it? It is really wonderful. Too bad some folks always have a glass is half empty mentality and take Gods place as judge of everyone else.

Yesterday was also International Autistic Pride Day. That goes right along with the diversity theme.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#13 Jun 19, 2011
Was there a booth accepting lots and lots of cash donations for
AIDS research and other STD's awareness, just to keep up appearances? Lots of politicians pressing the flesh and making photo ops? I mean, it is a festi-vem for the rest of them.

Just stop confusing the community children.

Kid life is hard enough without a sexual identity crisis at age eight and fighting off child abuse pervs because mommydaddy is "busy" waving a rainbow flag for the cameras.

You make a spectacle of yourselves and expect respect. You are doing it backwards.

Since: Nov 08

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Jun 19, 2011
stopTAGGING ourWALLS wrote:
Was there a booth accepting lots and lots of cash donations for
AIDS research and other STD's awareness, just to keep up appearances? Lots of politicians pressing the flesh and making photo ops? I mean, it is a festi-vem for the rest of them.
Just stop confusing the community children.
Kid life is hard enough without a sexual identity crisis at age eight and fighting off child abuse pervs because mommydaddy is "busy" waving a rainbow flag for the cameras.
You make a spectacle of yourselves and expect respect. You are doing it backwards.
Maybe you haven't gotten out of the Mesilla Valley much, so I'll let you know: there are many pride events across the country that are more like bawdy bacchanals, with plenty of in-your-face sexuality. The pride event in Las Cruces, however, is QUITE different. It celebrates the diversity of our community in a *family friendly* atmosphere that is much more about promoting togetherness and love. This was hardly the sort of spectacle you make it out to be. And I don't even know where to begin addressing your comments on "a sexual identity crisis at age eight." Kids are going to figure themselves out in due time, without help or influence from anyone, and it has nothing to do with events like this. Take any queer kid growing up in rural America without pride events, or exposure to any sort of "agenda" some would like to think the community is pushing, as an example.
silent majority

United States

#17 Jun 19, 2011
Connor for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
The only contest Huerta will win is the Drag queen one...
Huerta will awaken a sleeping giant.
silent majority

United States

#18 Jun 19, 2011
The sleeping giant Huerta will awaken is the majority who haven't voted for anyone for mayor until now. Young people can finally have a voice when he becomes our next Mayor.
Truth Matters

Holland, MI

#19 Jun 19, 2011
Homosexuality is the opposite. No one, no parent, no community leader, no one except another (usually older) homosexual, would ever voluntarily induct a child into homosexuality. About half of all homosexuals themselves even say they would "become upset" if a child of theirs became homosexual. And in no sense is homosexual behaviour immutable, as is skin colour, or ethnicity. Homosexuality is UNNATURAL behavior. It is sinful, rebellious behavior and can be forgiven like other rebellious behavior before a holy God. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

Since: Jan 09

Red Bank, NJ

#21 Jun 19, 2011
God hates homosexuals.
Matt

Brighton, MI

#22 Jun 19, 2011
Oh, its unnatural as you say? Then why is it that I cant get it up for a woman, but I can for another man? You are clueless. Research study after research study has proven that homosexuality is not a choice. Sure, I could have not come out of the closet, taken lots of Viagra, married a woman and had a kid or two. However, internally/mentally i would have been miserable. The only "choice" i made was to acknowledge who I was and move on from there. All you christian folks seem to forget the part in the bible where you're not to do the judging, the man upstairs is to do the judging. However, you folks seem to forget that, rather you interpret the bible to your convenience. I could say something really really hateful, but that would only reduce me to your level. So, go confess your sin of judging others, and I'm sure God will forgive you for doing his job.
Matt

Brighton, MI

#23 Jun 19, 2011
Lake Trash wrote:
God hates homosexuals.
God hates haters.....

Since: Nov 08

Las Cruces, NM

#24 Jun 19, 2011
Truth Matters wrote:
Homosexuality is the opposite. No one, no parent, no community leader, no one except another (usually older) homosexual, would ever voluntarily induct a child into homosexuality. About half of all homosexuals themselves even say they would "become upset" if a child of theirs became homosexual. And in no sense is homosexual behaviour immutable, as is skin colour, or ethnicity. Homosexuality is UNNATURAL behavior. It is sinful, rebellious behavior and can be forgiven like other rebellious behavior before a holy God. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
Brian? Is that you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Radium Springs Music Thread 8 hr Musikologist 1
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Aug 6 Your worst one 221
News 'Life was cut short' for drive-by shooting victim Aug 6 Bloodonhishands 2
News 1 dead after drive-by shooting in Las Cruces Jul 31 MurderNearNMSU 1
News Man suspected of threatening deputy Jul 30 James 1
News Joshua Ray Garcia pleads guilty to rape charges (Oct '08) Jul 27 Veahmay04 5
News Indictments (Sep '09) Jul 22 Jazzie 4

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages