To Pay or Not to Pay

“In the Desert”

Since: May 08

New York City

#1 Aug 24, 2011
So, I guess it started we get to pay for the Sun News. I miss my Topix, don't really want to pay for the Sun News. So here I am Geez
Judas

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Aug 24, 2011
I don't pay, I just use incognito browsing in google chrome.

“ keep the loonies on the path.”

Since: Aug 10

Detroit

#3 Aug 24, 2011
I've found a way in as well.
paul

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Aug 24, 2011
in explorer, you can also browse in private and bypass the sun news stupidity. tools>inprivate browsing

“Phooey on Politicians”

Since: Jan 11

Politicians are full of BS!!

#5 Aug 24, 2011
paul wrote:
in explorer, you can also browse in private and bypass the sun news stupidity. tools>inprivate browsing
That I've already tried using Internet Explorer 9.0, it still accepts "cookies" which is how the LCSN tracks your visits.

Detroit

#6 Aug 24, 2011
I read every online article and the few Facebook comments without ever seeing the shaded page or their little pop over window.
In Firefox, open the story in a new tab. immediately scroll all the way down and when there, right click stop. Go back to your first tab and do it again for every poorly written story. When you have enough, you go and read all the stories, in their entirety and even the children's comments on Facebook. It really is not cumbersome and only takes al long as the page takes to open.

“Phooey on Politicians”

#7 Aug 24, 2011
u know im right wrote:
I read every online article and the few Facebook comments without ever seeing the shaded page or their little pop over window.
In Firefox, open the story in a new tab. immediately scroll all the way down and when there, right click stop. Go back to your first tab and do it again for every poorly written story. When you have enough, you go and read all the stories, in their entirety and even the children's comments on Facebook. It really is not cumbersome and only takes al long as the page takes to open.
I have Internet Explorer 9.0 and Google Chrome on my computer. I don't want to add Firefox as I had it a few years ago when it first came out and had major issues with it. I think I will just stick to the print copy that comes to my house late everyday.

Detroit

#8 Aug 24, 2011
Migraine_King wrote:
<quoted text>
I have Internet Explorer 9.0 and Google Chrome on my computer. I don't want to add Firefox as I had it a few years ago when it first came out and had major issues with it. I think I will just stick to the print copy that comes to my house late everyday.
++++++++++
I just tried and my system does work with chrome.

“Phooey on Politicians”

#9 Aug 24, 2011
u know im right wrote:
<quoted text>
++++++++++
I just tried and my system does work with chrome.
I will give it a try tomorrow. I've read the print copy and its in the "recycle bin", so we shall see.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#10 Aug 25, 2011
Migraine_King wrote:
<quoted text>
That I've already tried using Internet Explorer 9.0, it still accepts "cookies" which is how the LCSN tracks your visits.
Delete cookies, restart count at 5.

“Phooey on Politicians”

#11 Aug 25, 2011
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
Delete cookies, restart count at 5.
Yea I know about that, but it is too much trouble for such a lousy read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warped Tour summer lineup announced Mon West Coast Alert 2
News Las Cruces Mayor Ken Miyagishima to seek divorce (Aug '12) Mar 24 watch dog2 15
Illegals may have Drivers License Military may not Mar 24 Upset Parent 2
News Las Cruces, New Mexico Sued to Remove 'Cruces" ... (Aug '06) Mar 21 Hey troll 8
News Cattle Baron founder/CEO dies (Dec '10) Mar 17 You need help 32
nm cafe director lied Mar 16 To the Clueless L... 3
News BREAKING: Shooting reported near South Main and... (Mar '11) Mar 16 Waiter 79

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages