Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46090 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with the historical Jesus.
I do have a problem with your behavior. It is not very jesus like. Jesus, from what I have read, was not a hater.
On this make-believe day of the birth of Jesus, the Christ, I shall not bruise any Judaite any more. Rest my Judaite friend have a safe holiday for tomorrow I shall surely bruise you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46091 Dec 25, 2012
Isaiah 53:8 "From imprisonment and from judgment he is taken, and his generation who shall tell? For he was cut off(KILLED) from the land of the living; because of the transgression of MY/Isaiah people, a plague befell them"

Jesus was KILLED or cut off from the land of the living for the Jewish people. It surely was not Isaiah who was killed for them. Context and basic intelligence say this.
Voluntarist

United States

#46092 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with the historical Jesus.
I do have a problem with your behavior. It is not very jesus like. Jesus, from what I have read, was not a hater.
Does the jewish religion accept men having sex with other men like yourself?
Frijoles

United States

#46093 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I took the pot shots at Hughbe because he constantly and purposely misinterprets practice of my religion
HughBe--- Not true dear and you know it. Your religion Judaism is a highly CORRUPTED religion and even you know it. It is a gross corruption of what was given to Moses.
You dear seek to depend it and not TRUTH. Recently you made one of your stupidest comment ever when you said that that the post-Moses Jews practiced an early form of Judaism. I took the opportunity to MOCK your CS by highlighting what you called Judaism i.e. children sacrifices and EVIL.
On one of the holiest days of your year, and this is how you choose to celebrate it?

Jesus would be proud of you.
Frijoles

United States

#46094 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
On this make-believe day of the birth of Jesus, the Christ, I shall not bruise any Judaite any more. Rest my Judaite friend have a safe holiday for tomorrow I shall surely bruise you.
Are you a make-believe Christian?

That would explain much, actually.

I am not on holiday. Its your holiday, not mine. Spend it in peace.
Frijoles

United States

#46095 Dec 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
Isaiah 53:8 "From imprisonment and from judgment he is taken, and his generation who shall tell? For he was cut off(KILLED) from the land of the living; because of the transgression of MY/Isaiah people, a plague befell them"
Jesus was KILLED or cut off from the land of the living for the Jewish people. It surely was not Isaiah who was killed for them. Context and basic intelligence say this.
Talking to yourself.

I approve.

Alot safer that way.
Frijoles

United States

#46096 Dec 25, 2012
National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre comes under fire after falsely claiming that Israel placed armed guards outside schools to battle school shootings

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-432...
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#46097 Dec 25, 2012
Every one likes fan mail and I got at least 4 on the eve of Christmas!!

They are from my friends, Frijoles. IDGAF, Voluntarist, and ROC…. And they all seem to "hurt" by my posts.

They all agree that my posts are of very low quality, have no content and are of no help to anyone.

My answer to my "well-wishers" is that I value their opinions, and am very thankful for their advice.

But every individual has his or her own style of working and should do what is best suited to one's style.

So I will not "complain" if my friends and well wishers, stop reading and commenting on my posts.

Let them leave me alone, I do not complain why no one answers my post.

So let it be a give and take. As it happens with every thing else in this world!!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#46098 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre comes under fire after falsely claiming that Israel placed armed guards outside schools to battle school shootings
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-432...
What is wrong in USA "learning" a few tricks from their own illegitimate child?

So many times fathers learn new things from their sons?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#46099 Dec 25, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-16

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : SAFWAN BIN UMAYYA

A. Early History:

Safwan was also a staunch enemy of Islam and prophet, during the time when prophet stayed in Makkah and even after he migrated to Madina.

He was in almost all the battles (except the Battle of Badr) with Makkan army. He lost many of his close relatives in that Battle and that enflamed the fire of hatred which he had against Islam and prophet.

Infact there is a very interesting anecdote regarding him and new News Bearer of Battle of Badr. When Makkan army left for Badr, people at Makkah were very confident that they would return victorious and News of their victory will reach very soon them.

They were very anxious for the Good News and would wait in Kaaba so as to be the first to hear it. Safwan was sitting in the courtyard of Kaaba, when the News Bearer from Badr reached Makkah. He was wearing ragged clothes and had sands in his heirs and he was shouting “disaster, Disasters, every one from Makkah killed at Badr….total disaster”

Some one asked him about

- Abu Jahl….Dead he said,

- Utbah?…..Dead…

-.Shaibah?… Dead

- Ubai bin Khalaf?….. Dead

Safwan, thinking him to mad and out of his senses, asked him to ask about what happened to Safwan?

“Safwan” the News bearer said “He is sitting there in the courtyard, do you think I am mad”? Only then the realized the calamity that had struck them.

B. Safwan sends Assassin to kill Prophet:

It has been mentioned in the story of UMAIR Bin WAHAB that it was Safwan who sent him, to kill the prophet secretly.

The mission failed miserable and the Assassin himself was “slain” by the “sword of knowledge and mercy” of prophet and became Muslim, Safwan was very much disappointed.

But all the time Safwan stayed on his course to oppose Islam and Muslim by any means.

He was member of all war and economic councils held by Makkah people.

C. How was he “Slain”.

Safwan remained unbeliever even when Makkah was captured. When prophet granted general amnesty, he chose not to become Muslim.

Immediately after conquest of Makkah, prophet had to proceed to the Battle of Hunain, he was in need of some swords , tents and other items for the Muslim army. He asked Safwan to lean them to him. Sufwan asked “Will you take them by force if I refuse?

“No” prophet replied “It is loan which I am asking and I will return it after war” So Safwan gave these items and also decided to accept Islam.

After the victory of Hunain, prophet gave Safwan 100 or 200 Camels from the War booty…..this strengthened the faith of Safwan, because he realized that he was not dealing with a “trader or tyrant or any ordinary ruler” but with a prophet of God.

Afterwards he remained a good Muslim and used his energies in the cause of Islam.

Such was Safwan “killed” by the “Sword of Pardon and Generosity” of the prophet!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#46101 Dec 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought of Jesus of anything other than a Jew. A pretty darn good Jew in fact, and on paper, a mensch.
I took the pot shots at Hughbe because he constantly and purposely misinterprets practice of my religion. He is a garden variety hater, hiding under the veil of some type of agressive evangelical sect of Christianity. After probably 2 or more years here and other forums he has never even told us what his Christian sect is.
well, at least you acknowledge Jesus as a Jew, which is something of a perpetual "sticky wicket" for me over decades of conversation with everything from Atheists to militant stripes of all denominations in varying forms. And kudos for conceding he was a mensch, Jesus meant neither you nor anyone else on this earth any harm, He was not born to hurt you, He was born to elevate you to a higher status if you believed Him and were willing to do the hardest of things for humanity to do apparently... simply be human. I don't care very much for those ultra-aggressive "Evangelicals" who call themselves Christians, either, but operate outside of that designation in either word or deed. Unfortunately, there seems to be a multitude of them. I marvel at it as much as you do, probably. Where do they get these ideas? I liken it to a conversation I once had with a Professor I actually grew to respect once... I guess when you convince yourself that God is on your side, then whatever or whomever it is that you have decided is your ideological enemy is to be entirely disregarded as apostate. It doesn't matter if it is the Jews, the Muslims, the Christians, the Communists, the "incorrect" Jews, Christians, Muslims, or Communists, the Kurds, or anybody else. If God is on your side then God is on your side, so what is the difference how many children die during the fighting or how many infidels are sent to hell during whatever little "crusade" is conducted to get the point across? That little conversation I had at the time was over Prohibition in America and why it happened in the first place, not that it matters. The reasons for this or that are always the same, but, as an old person, I have come to believe that in all that I do I can always ask myself before I do it I can trust in the idea that, if it is a GOOD idea to do it in the first place, I can ask myself the question "is this an idea that Jesus would approve?" Even for something so complex as prohibition, that questioned worked... most of the majority Muslim states on the planet have very restrictive prohibition laws... have they worked? No. It cannot be done. Leave People Alone, as long as they are not harming you or anyone Else, I truly believe that this would have been Jesus' 12'th commandment, had He lived long enough to give it. People must walk in the light that they know, I truly believe He would have said, and it would have been good advice.
Frijoles

United States

#46103 Dec 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jews would have followed Jesus, they would have ruled over whole of Europe, Americas, Australia and New Zealand...
But they missed the bus for the umpteenth time.
Many Nations do the same mistake in their national lives.
There are some decisions which make tremendous effects in life of nations.
Rejecting Jesus was such a tragedy in the national life of Jews. This is what I can say as an "Unbiased" bystander!!
But we do follow Jesus.

We just dont worship him, or consider him extraterrestrial. We follow Jesus because most of what he teaches was straight from the Jewish ethical teachings, now known as the Talmud.

If you actually understood what Savior was saying, neither the Jews NOR Savior has any interest in "ruling" over the world.

Why cant you understand that not everyone wants to be an imperialist?
Frijoles

United States

#46104 Dec 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong in USA "learning" a few tricks from their own illegitimate child?
So many times fathers learn new things from their sons?
For one thing, Israel never had random school violence. Secondly, gun ownership is actually MORE restrictive there than here in the US.

I wouldnt expect you to know that, as you are too lazy to read the article.
Frijoles

United States

#46105 Dec 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Every one likes fan mail and I got at least 4 on the eve of Christmas!!
They are from my friends, Frijoles. IDGAF, Voluntarist, and ROC…. And they all seem to "hurt" by my posts.
They all agree that my posts are of very low quality, have no content and are of no help to anyone.
My answer to my "well-wishers" is that I value their opinions, and am very thankful for their advice.
But every individual has his or her own style of working and should do what is best suited to one's style.
So I will not "complain" if my friends and well wishers, stop reading and commenting on my posts.
Let them leave me alone, I do not complain why no one answers my post.
So let it be a give and take. As it happens with every thing else in this world!!
Doesnt change the fact post innaccurate posts.

Then you ignore people's comments and then repost the same posts a few days/weeks later.

Thats not the mark of an intelligent poster.
Frijoles

United States

#46106 Dec 26, 2012
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
well, at least you acknowledge Jesus as a Jew, which is something of a perpetual "sticky wicket" for me over decades of conversation with everything from Atheists to militant stripes of all denominations in varying forms. And kudos for conceding he was a mensch, Jesus meant neither you nor anyone else on this earth any harm, He was not born to hurt you, He was born to elevate you to a higher status if you believed Him and were willing to do the hardest of things for humanity to do apparently... simply be human. I don't care very much for those ultra-aggressive "Evangelicals" who call themselves Christians, either, but operate outside of that designation in either word or deed. Unfortunately, there seems to be a multitude of them. I marvel at it as much as you do, probably. Where do they get these ideas? I liken it to a conversation I once had with a Professor I actually grew to respect once... I guess when you convince yourself that God is on your side, then whatever or whomever it is that you have decided is your ideological enemy is to be entirely disregarded as apostate. It doesn't matter if it is the Jews, the Muslims, the Christians, the Communists, the "incorrect" Jews, Christians, Muslims, or Communists, the Kurds, or anybody else. If God is on your side then God is on your side, so what is the difference how many children die during the fighting or how many infidels are sent to hell during whatever little "crusade" is conducted to get the point across? That little conversation I had at the time was over Prohibition in America and why it happened in the first place, not that it matters. The reasons for this or that are always the same, but, as an old person, I have come to believe that in all that I do I can always ask myself before I do it I can trust in the idea that, if it is a GOOD idea to do it in the first place, I can ask myself the question "is this an idea that Jesus would approve?" Even for something so complex as prohibition, that questioned worked... most of the majority Muslim states on the planet have very restrictive prohibition laws... have they worked? No. It cannot be done. Leave People Alone, as long as they are not harming you or anyone Else, I truly believe that this would have been Jesus' 12'th commandment, had He lived long enough to give it. People must walk in the light that they know, I truly believe He would have said, and it would have been good advice.
Good post.

Truth is, I remember you posting your view back in the old days (good sense of consistency!), therefore I always considered you real. Not just because of your live and let live attitude, but because you think....Wish more people would be reflective here :)

I am not phobic about other religious practices and beliefs. They pose no threat to my self concept, or my group concept either.

I do react to those who actively work to dissolve my self or group concept. I dont see that as a phobia, I see that as a rational response. And I am not shy about correcting falsehoods about my religion. These have been my rules of engagement here.

Gtown71

United States

#46108 Dec 26, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
Truth is, I remember you posting your view back in the old days (good sense of consistency!), therefore I always considered you real. Not just because of your live and let live attitude, but because you think....Wish more people would be reflective here :)
I am not phobic about other religious practices and beliefs. They pose no threat to my self concept, or my group concept either.
I do react to those who actively work to dissolve my self or group concept. I dont see that as a phobia, I see that as a rational response. And I am not shy about correcting falsehoods about my religion. These have been my rules of engagement here.
I thought I would share something with you : years ago, when I didn't believe in any god. I was working for a company, where I delivered Health /beauty aids and speciality foods.
While training another older man, in memphis TN,we had a order to an all kosher store.
As we brought in the foods, I asked the man I was training, what does all kosher foods store mean? He replied: it's food that has been blessed by the pope, and began to explain all about it.

Companies bring food to the pope, and He decides if it is kosher or not.

I went for years believing this to be true, as He seemed to know all about it.
I would even tell others from time to time, just what kosher meant.

Years later, after my born again experience, and when I began to go to church, I met a guy, that is now a missionary .

We began to talk about the bible.
I told him, that I didn't know anything about religion, except for what the word kosher meant.

After explaining to him what it meant, He began to laugh, and said a million jews, just turned over in their graves. Lol

It is amazing how someone can think they know sonething, just becouse they trusted another person on the subject.

I'm glad I was at home, when I met God, and that In not telling others about a God, just becouse someone else told me He was real.

I hope you're having a good holiday.
May God bless you, and peace be upon Israel.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46109 Dec 26, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
On one of the holiest days of your year, and this is how you choose to celebrate it?
Jesus would be proud of you.
Frijoles---On one of the holiest days of YOUR year

HughBe--- Good morning Frijoles, I see that neither your STUPIDITY nor your penchant for LIES have been diminished.

Who the hell are you to tell me which day is one of the holiest days of the year for me?

How many times must I say on this forum that I don't celebrate Christmas?

How often must things be repeated before an idiot like you get it?

I am confident that in speaking with Former ,in recent days , I told him that I don't celebrate Christmas and that mention was NOT my first mention of it on this forum. I have said it over the years.

But alas, you cannot rise above the level of lying and deceitfulness and so you persist with one of the guiding principles of your life, LYING.

Now, when I tell you the TRUTH that is found in your Tanach you don't like it because TRUTH and your religion Judaism are not in harmony.

Finally, within hours of a day that was celebrated as the birth of the Being/Jesus that you and your religion HATE above ALL else I say to you Judaite, OF with you and your LIES.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46110 Dec 26, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a make-believe Christian?
That would explain much, actually.
I am not on holiday. Its your holiday, not mine. Spend it in peace.
Judaite look at your nastiness below.

Frijoles---On one of the holiest days of your(HughBe) year, and this is how you choose to celebrate it?

In your very next post is found--

HughBe---On this make-believe day of the birth of Jesus, the Christ, I shall not bruise any Judaite any more. Rest my Judaite friend have a safe holiday for tomorrow I shall surely bruise you.

Frijoles---Are you a make-believe Christian?

HughBe---So, how can Christmas be "one of the holiest days of" my year? How? Your masters must be very proud of you given that you are a replica of them and as such you lack TRUTH and basic decency.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46111 Dec 26, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to yourself.
I approve.
Alot safer that way.
Frijoles--- Talking to yourself

HughBe--- That explains why you have responded to me.

Again---

Isaiah 53:8 "From imprisonment and from judgment he is taken, and his generation who shall tell? For he was cut off(KILLED) from the land of the living; because of the transgression of MY/Isaiah people, a plague befell them"

Jesus was KILLED or cut off from the land of the living for the Jewish people. It surely was not Isaiah who was killed for them. Context and basic intelligence say this.
Frijoles

United States

#46112 Dec 26, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I would share something with you : years ago, when I didn't believe in any god. I was working for a company, where I delivered Health /beauty aids and speciality foods.
While training another older man, in memphis TN,we had a order to an all kosher store.
As we brought in the foods, I asked the man I was training, what does all kosher foods store mean? He replied: it's food that has been blessed by the pope, and began to explain all about it.
Companies bring food to the pope, and He decides if it is kosher or not.
I went for years believing this to be true, as He seemed to know all about it.
I would even tell others from time to time, just what kosher meant.
Years later, after my born again experience, and when I began to go to church, I met a guy, that is now a missionary .
We began to talk about the bible.
I told him, that I didn't know anything about religion, except for what the word kosher meant.
After explaining to him what it meant, He began to laugh, and said a million jews, just turned over in their graves. Lol
It is amazing how someone can think they know sonething, just becouse they trusted another person on the subject.
I'm glad I was at home, when I met God, and that In not telling others about a God, just becouse someone else told me He was real.
I hope you're having a good holiday.
May God bless you, and peace be upon Israel.
Well, the pope does wear a yamulke, so I can see the logic in this.

I have met people who were told when they were little, that Jews have horns.

Some Jews do have horns though. http://www.amazon.com/Jews-With-Horns-Klezmat...

It is becoming trendy for some supermarkets to advertise they carry kosher food. There are a lot of nonJews who confuse this with all natural, or organic, or healthy (not that kosher food couldnt be all three, but it doesnt HAVE to be). The supermarkets are playing to this.

The kosher thing does have its extremes. I have seen "kosher" water for sale. And I know people who refuse to buy veggies unless they are certified kosher (they are afraid of unkosher bugs I guess). In the olden days, Jews only worried about kosher for processed foods and meat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Family doubts police account of Hatch shooting (Oct '08) 2 hr Eddie Lou 68
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Sep 25 Marc 6,935
News Las Cruces vigil to honor murdered ABQ child Sep 24 Kollmar 11
Las Cruces Music Selection (Sep '12) Sep 24 Musikologist 14
please come see me (Mar '16) Sep 24 Yes Baby 35
News Weird New Mexico: Bigfoot Sightings (Oct '11) Sep 22 reese 116
La Clinica de Familia Mental Health (Sep '15) Sep 21 frustrated 3

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages