Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,008
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45324 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt matter. Look up the meaning of either/or. If you are a jew, in most likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.
FR pretty much nailed it. Either you are religious, or you are ethnically, or both.
You are the ONLY person on this planet who refuses to believe this. Thats YOUR cognitive issue, not OURS.
HughBe---Please FOCUS and try your best to address my post in an intelligent way. Thanks in advance.

Frijoles---If you are a jew, in MOST likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.

HughBe--- Do you have any idea the percentage of Jews that are secular? Clearly NOT. Your "MOST likelihood you either practice the religion.. " is very FOOLISH to say the least.

Now, so what if you are related to someone who practices Judaism? Does that make you a Judaite like you? NO.

If you are related to a Christian does that make you a Christian? NO.

Does the relationship with a believer makes the atheist Jew a believer in God? Does it mean that they have not rejected the way of God?

Where do you get these strange doctrines? Is in in the scriptures? NO. Is it from your rabbis? Most likely YES. As such, it is an example of why I call your rabbis IDIOTS and DECEIVERS. Explain the role of BLOOD relationship that you have no turned to. What are you really saying here?

Back to the outstanding matters.

Frijoles---"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background."

HughBe--- Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.

HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45325 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are subgroups of muslims who are ethno-religious, but to be a muslim you dont necessarily have to be.
Ditto for Christians.
Both Islam and Christianity are religions of individuals, but that does not preclude an ethnic group from adopting some host version of that religion for their tribal group.
Wiki had some examples of this.
You would benefit to study the Social Sciences sometime - maybe start with Anthropology and then branch into Sociology.
First things first. Address my post below e.g.do the reconciliation and answer the questions e.g. what is genetics etc.

HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?

So you speak of MIXTURE and part of that MIX is RACE/genetics.

Frijoles---Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....

HughBe--- BS. It is a tool that is used to enslave others. I have demonstrated this countless times. You shall now be given the opportunity to do it yourself.

Tell me about the RELIGIOUS aspect of atheists, agnostics and other secular or non-RELIGIOUS Jews.

Do you suppose that the Jews in Jamaica observe the culture of Jamaica? What is culture?

Reconcile your make-belief with the reality.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45326 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Race in that context is not really about race,(no social or biological scientist this century would call it as such).
What you are getting at is skin color.
Yes, discrimination on basis of skin color happens in the US. We are far from a perfect society.
Had you been an American you would have learnt long ago that RACE is a MAJOR issue in the US. Given that you are slow you really should have learnt even in 2012 and in fact it played a major part in the American election for president.

The more educated whites and younger ones voted based on their BRAINS older ones like you voted based on your feelings whatever those are.
Do the research, sometimes you can leave Israel your homeland and visit and look at other countries.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45327 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense.
I think what you are referring to is "ancestry", which is a factor of genetics/relatedness.
Please THINK before you open your mouth and remove all doubts. I am NOT speaking about ANCESTRY. Tell me the word or words in my post below that are confusing you and leading down your natural path of stupidity.

HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?
So you speak of MIXTURE and part of that MIX is RACE/genetics
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45328 Dec 12, 2012
My dear Frijoles please don't RUN from YOUR quote below. Address the post.

UNDERSTAND this, the definition that YOU used to support your FALSE claim about Jews being ethnoreligious exposes the NONSENSE and LIE that you and others like you promote.

THERE is NO UNIFIED religion of atheists Jews and nuts like you and that is a FACT.

Frijoles---"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background."

HughBe--- Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.

HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in RELIGION with other Jews who do NOT share your RELIGIOUS beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45329 Dec 12, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
But apparently, Huggy learns everything he needs to know from these forums. Well, that and that mythology book.
Hi Cunti, I learn somethings on this forum and it is a pity that you are unable to do likewise.

One example, I have learnt that RELIGIOUS people can be VERY VERY DECEPTIVE and DISHONEST especially those of a particular religion.

I am not joking and I am being TRUTHFUL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45330 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
bye-Frijie.
Are you the dim-wit who is ALWAYS putting the helpful icon on my post when I depart?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45331 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
Why Climate Change Denial Is Just Hot Air
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012...
Itís nonsense. And worse, itís dangerous nonsense. Because theyíre fiddling with the data while the world burns.
As I recall, at the time Al Gore made the Inconvenient Truth film, I think the number of peer-reviewed articles seriously questioning Global Warming was zero. Only articles in the "popular press" took this position.

I found the film and the information very convincing indeed.

I recently saw someone explaing how deniers mis-use date in an attempt to show decling temperatures.

They grab a few years out of the overall trend to show brief periods of decline, called:

Global Surface Temperature: Going Down the Up Escalator

You see it graphically

http://skepticalscience.com/going-down-the-up...
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45332 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I might add that is a fundie interpretation.
Jews usually interpret those passages as an admonishment to use proportional compensation - I.E. If someone looses an eye they should be duely (financially) compensated - no less, no more.
I get it.

So that way we don't everyone blind.

;)

I try not to take any of it too literally.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45333 Dec 12, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the prospect of actually learning something that would conflict with his religious beliefs would be enough to scare him away from even attempting to take the class. Got to protect the integrity of the bubble he lives in at all costs.
I would take the class. The difference between say a classmate like you and me is that I would THINK while you would ACCEPT.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45334 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My only problem with your post is that YOU did not take the time to teach me to spell STUPID, fellow.
On my keyboard the U is beside the I. It takes someone with your INTELLIGENCE level not to realize that it was a typo. Actually I am acquainted with the word STUPID both in terms of its spelling as well as YOU.
You must have a very unusual keyboard configuration.

Is it a Jamaican model?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45335 Dec 12, 2012
wasting time. later.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45336 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Please FOCUS and try your best to address my post in an intelligent way. Thanks in advance.
Frijoles---If you are a jew, in MOST likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.
HughBe--- Do you have any idea the percentage of Jews that are secular? Clearly NOT. Your "MOST likelihood you either practice the religion.. " is very FOOLISH to say the least.
Now, so what if you are related to someone who practices Judaism? Does that make you a Judaite like you? NO.
If you are related to a Christian does that make you a Christian? NO.
Does the relationship with a believer makes the atheist Jew a believer in God? Does it mean that they have not rejected the way of God?
Where do you get these strange doctrines? Is in in the scriptures? NO. Is it from your rabbis? Most likely YES. As such, it is an example of why I call your rabbis IDIOTS and DECEIVERS. Explain the role of BLOOD relationship that you have no turned to. What are you really saying here?
Back to the outstanding matters.
Frijoles---"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background."
HughBe--- Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.
HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
Nothing in that above verbiage contradicts the definition I posted

As of your comment about unified - I am not aware of any other religion except Judaism that Jews practice. Maybe you have another religion in mind?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45337 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---It is NOT perverson anymore than is your supposed attraction to women.
HughBe--- Why is this so?
It is on you to say why something is sick, not for nme to say why not.

Again, you are after me to prove or explain a negative.

Why would you suggest it is sick or unnatural for two consenting adults to express their affectione for one another?

Why do you care so much what happens in the bedrooms of others?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--We do NOT control whom we are ATTRACTED to or whom we love.
HughBe--- Do you ever THINK? Of course not. I believe that the paedophiles are glad that you have made such an INTELLIGENT and VALID point.
The key words are: consenting adults.

Molesting animals (such as your donkey friend) or children is not Ok. Same with forcing anyone to do anything. Rape for example. Big no no.

Do you now begin to see?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- I know from the words used by you that you have a science background.
True. At the graduate level.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mind, conducting tests equates to PROOF? This is not a science question so please answer.
You need to know the difference between proof and evidence.

Please reasearch "The Scientific Method"

Paticular attention to the building of an hypothesis, what evidence is needed to make something a theory etc.

Note that gravity is still only a theory, but also what big hurdle even that status requires.

Religion is simply not subject (nor should it be) to this level of scrutiny.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
REcall I asked YOU for PROOF in your BELIEF. YOU have none and which by definition= FAITH and in fact BLIND faith.
You want me to "prove" what I BELIEVE?

Is this correct?

It is true that not everything I believe has absolute proof.

But I would argue that much or most of it has evidence.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Do you help out around the house? Cleaning, laundry, marketing etc?
What is your contribution?
HughBe--- YES, YES and YES. Contribution is as answered. What else do you want to know?
It sounds as though you "pull your weight" around the house.

Did you also do midnight diaper changes on your kids?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45338 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first. Address my post below e.g.do the reconciliation and answer the questions e.g. what is genetics etc.
HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?
So you speak of MIXTURE and part of that MIX is RACE/genetics.
Frijoles---Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....
HughBe--- BS. It is a tool that is used to enslave others. I have demonstrated this countless times. You shall now be given the opportunity to do it yourself.
Tell me about the RELIGIOUS aspect of atheists, agnostics and other secular or non-RELIGIOUS Jews.
Do you suppose that the Jews in Jamaica observe the culture of Jamaica? What is culture?
Reconcile your make-belief with the reality.
1. Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....
HughBe--- BS. It is a tool that is used to enslave others

YES, wikipedia that great tool of satan

2. Do you suppose that the Jews in Jamaica observe the culture of Jamaica? What is culture?

Well, you wouldnt call them "Jews" if there wasnt something ethnically or religiously distinct about them in the first place.

Once again, you are living in your head with your own private rules and vocab.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45339 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you been an American you would have learnt long ago that RACE is a MAJOR issue in the US. Given that you are slow you really should have learnt even in 2012 and in fact it played a major part in the American election for president.
The more educated whites and younger ones voted based on their BRAINS older ones like you voted based on your feelings whatever those are.
Do the research, sometimes you can leave Israel your homeland and visit and look at other countries.
Again, what you are calling race is really skin color. Why are you even wasting time on this?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45340 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
You are confusing me with your made up language.

Kindly post something from another credible link that defines your term Judaite.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45341 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Please, let us stick to my simple questions. Please respond to them. Once again,reconcile your "ethnoreligious" with atheists Jews.
Atheist Jews are no longer ethnoreligious Jews.

They are now simply ethnic Jews.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend for you?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Religious atheist?
No.

I'm an Irish-American atheist.

Nice to meet you.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- so, how can a great many Jews who are atheists and agnostics be ethnoreligious?
See the first question and response.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45343 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first. Address my post below e.g.do the reconciliation and answer the questions e.g. what is genetics etc.
HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?
So you speak of MIXTURE and part of that MIX is RACE/genetics.
Very interesting but lets return to the original context that provoked this discussion.

I believe you were making reference to the term "Jewish race".

Former and I corrected you that Jews were not a race, they were an ethno-religious group. Nothing you have posted since that has changed our assertion. Furthermore, we have defined our terms from third party sources that reinforce our assertion.

The long shot is that we could continue to talk about the appropriateness of using the term race vs genetics, vs relatedness, vs ethnicity vs ethnoreligious etc etc ALL IN THE GENERAL SENSE - but in the long run this is all moot because the original discussion was grounded in a discussion of the best term to define Jewry.

And to date, you have neither offered a better descriptive term NOR posted anything that negates the definition we provided.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45344 Dec 12, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist Jews are no longer ethnoreligious Jews.
They are now simply ethnic Jews.
Why is this so difficult to comprehend for you?
FROM wiki (again)

Ethnoreligious communities define their ethnic identity NEITHER exclusively by ancestral heritage NOR simply by religious affiliation, but often through a combination of both-

(a long shared history; a cultural tradition of its own; either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors; a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group; a common literature peculiar to the group; a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups; being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger community).

-----
I would add that if the atheistic Jew still have any of those ties within their consciousness that are listed above, they are still "ethinc" Jews. And if they loose those cultural ties, and the religion, simply, they are no longer Jews (and why would they be at that point?).

And if that same former ethnic atheistic Jew, who is now fully assimilated, is reminded that his mom was Jewish, the fact that this fact is now on the table, now makes that person a (ethnic) Jew, at least for the time being.

You are correct - it really isnt that complicated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) 7 hr Tell Me AnotherOne 56
BREAKING: Shooting reported near South Main and... (Mar '11) 23 hr manny mf loc 77
Ariel Dougherty and Sophia Peron: Financial woe... Thu rainy day 16
kimberly Clown face atencio Dec 17 worried citizen 1
Diversity issues at NMSU raised during regents ... Dec 15 Help 1
what happened on Solano lastnight? Dec 15 worried citizen 1
Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied (Jun '11) Dec 14 bush 2016 12,365
Las Cruces Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Las Cruces News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Las Cruces

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:10 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:10AM
NFL against the spread picks: The most disrespected 11-3 team
Bleacher Report11:49 AM
Jonathan Cooper Injury: Updates on Cardinals OG's Wrist and Return
NBC Sports11:57 AM
Ryan Lindley will start regardless of Drew Stanton's status
Bleacher Report12:39 PM
Thomas Seeking Broncos Record for 100-Yard Receiving Games
NBC Sports 3:32 PM
Seahawks road favorites over Cards on SNF - NBC Sports