Farmington religious leaders stress i...

Farmington religious leaders stress importance of accuracy in biblical films

There are 16 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Mar 20, 2014, titled Farmington religious leaders stress importance of accuracy in biblical films. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Pastor Benny Cogburn of Kingdom Connection Cowboy Church took his wife to see "Son of God" about a week ago in Farmington and said he was disappointed in the film.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

XandO

Glendale, AZ

#1 Mar 20, 2014
Oh good grief.....it's a movie.

After reading the article, I don't get what this guy has a problem with anyway.
let it rest

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Mar 20, 2014
XandO wrote:
Oh good grief.....it's a movie.
After reading the article, I don't get what this guy has a problem with anyway.
no surprise to a liberal that ACCURACY and FACTS shouldn't matter.
Wow

Huntsville, AL

#3 Mar 20, 2014
let it rest wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a stupid statement.
XandO

United States

#4 Mar 20, 2014
let it rest wrote:
<quoted text> no surprise to a liberal that ACCURACY and FACTS shouldn't matter.
What "accuracy" and "facts" were missing, according to the article? Or did you even read it?
XandO

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2014
Lol. As if "Christians" don't omit much of the bible that doesn't suit what they want to believe! That's why so many different denominations exist...each one decides what is biblical "accuracy" and "fact", and they may differ from each other by 180 degrees.

For instance, right wing fundamentalist "Christians" love any verse in the bible that apparently condemns homosexuality, and they freely use their interpretation to hate. But at the same tine, many "Christians" completely discount all the love verses in scripture, choosing to apply them selectively.

Another set of scriptures most "Christians" either ignore or outright deny are those dealing with the doctrine of predestination and election, even though these verses and passages are throughout the bible. It is an unpleasant concept to many "Christians" and difficult to understand or explain, so they never address it.....or say it means something that is more palatable to them.

Christians have been omitting biblical "accuracy" and "facts" as far back as humans gave existed.
Sunshine

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Mar 21, 2014
XandO wrote:
Lol. As if "Christians" don't omit much of the bible that doesn't suit what they want to believe! That's why so many different denominations exist...each one decides what is biblical "accuracy" and "fact", and they may differ from each other by 180 degrees.
For instance, right wing fundamentalist "Christians" love any verse in the bible that apparently condemns homosexuality, and they freely use their interpretation to hate. But at the same tine, many "Christians" completely discount all the love verses in scripture, choosing to apply them selectively.
Another set of scriptures most "Christians" either ignore or outright deny are those dealing with the doctrine of predestination and election, even though these verses and passages are throughout the bible. It is an unpleasant concept to many "Christians" and difficult to understand or explain, so they never address it.....or say it means something that is more palatable to them.
Christians have been omitting biblical "accuracy" and "facts" as far back as humans gave existed.
YAWN
XandO

United States

#7 Mar 21, 2014
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN
There ya go.
Droid

United States

#8 Mar 21, 2014
Haha. Cherry picking Christians complaining about cherry picking movie makers.
Horace

United States

#9 Mar 21, 2014
If honesty is to be the rule of the day, let's include the Secret Gospel of Mark, which suggests that Jesus had homosexual encounters. Put that in your Thurible and smoke it. LOL
XandO

United States

#10 Mar 21, 2014
Horace wrote:
If honesty is to be the rule of the day, let's include the Secret Gospel of Mark, which suggests that Jesus had homosexual encounters. Put that in your Thurible and smoke it. LOL
Is religion an honest thing?
Hey Maybe

Farmington, NM

#11 Apr 10, 2014
when he is able to view "Noah" he will realize what a terrible story (Noah) is to tell children.

Talk about a strange and damaging tale for little kids.

We will talk more, I am sure.
Droid

Gilbert, AZ

#12 Apr 13, 2014
What are Biblical accuracies and facts? Should I ask a Baptist or a Catholic? A Mormon or a Methodist? A Seventh Day Adventist or a Jehovah's Witness?

Does anyone know?
XandO

Gilbert, AZ

#13 Apr 13, 2014
Droid wrote:
What are Biblical accuracies and facts? Should I ask a Baptist or a Catholic? A Mormon or a Methodist? A Seventh Day Adventist or a Jehovah's Witness?
Does anyone know?
I'm sure the only church that maintains accuracy and facts would be Kingdom Connection Cowboy Church. Ask them.
Don

Beverly Hills, CA

#14 Apr 14, 2014
Brainwashing the sheepo's with literature.
Hey Maybe

Farmington, NM

#15 Apr 15, 2014
the answers are here. http://www.venganza.org/
XandO

United States

#16 Apr 19, 2014
Ok, so I'm an idiot sometimes, but I get people talking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 7 hr Greg M 6,990
News NMSU student promotes understanding with free Q... Dec 4 Khan the liar 3
Ivan Dec 1 Yep 2
daso and da office - another $210 k loss Nov 28 SycNtired 3
ABQ Rail Runner Is Excellent Nov 28 Las Cruces Needs It2 1
da dantonio released two officers involved in j... Nov 26 Wow 1
nita tredway/rusak (Mar '15) Nov 21 Nita rusak 15

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance