NM plea hearing set in Bill Richardso...

NM plea hearing set in Bill Richardson bribe case

There are 5 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Apr 12, 2013, titled NM plea hearing set in Bill Richardson bribe case. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

In this May 20, 2011 file photo, suspended State District Judge Michael Murphy, center, speaks with his defense attorneys Margaret Strickland, left, and Michael Stout during a hearing in the Third Judicial District Court in Las Cruces, N.M. A change of plea hearing is scheduled for Murphy, the retired Las Cruces judge accused of funneling bribes to ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Apr 12, 2013
New Mexico.

The "pay to play" state
Las Cruces retiree

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Apr 12, 2013
If you pay, you play ---- and you also get protection.
It seems like similar things are happening with the new Las Cruces district attorney. Why did the new district attorney think he needed additional money for advertising? Las Cruces votes heavily Democratic.
I find it interesting that the person who gave Marc the loan was the same person who supposedly acted as the bag man for Murphy.
OK, Marc needed more money for advertising and did not have enough time to obtain a loan from a bank. Why in the world would a candidate for district attorney come anywhere close to (not to mention obtain a loan from) Edward Lopez?
APPAUSEPLEASE

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Apr 12, 2013
Time for Fat Bill to pay the piper - gonna happen
in this bribery - rub my back I will rub yours
dumb as crap utopiz - never gonna happen.
deceptive

Huntsville, AL

#4 Apr 12, 2013
headline. The judge is on trial.
Las Cruces retiree

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Apr 12, 2013
There were two headlines in this thread. The first headline was "Some charges may be dropped". The first paragraph indicated that some of the most serious charges (against Murphy) may be dropped.

I ask why? Didn't they have him on tape?

The second headline was "Loan to campaign of district attorney sparks complaint". The most serious complaint suggests D'Antonio flouted campaign finance reporting laws and that a private loan exceeded campaign contribution limits.

I expect my district attorney to be ethical-- in fact, and in appearance. A loan from someone with a questionable background does not give the appearance of high ethical standards. Why not obtain the loan from a relative?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Wed rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039
News Family doubts police account of Hatch shooting (Oct '08) Tue Eddie Lou 68
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Sep 25 Marc 6,935
News Las Cruces vigil to honor murdered ABQ child Sep 24 Kollmar 11
Las Cruces Music Selection (Sep '12) Sep 24 Musikologist 14
please come see me (Mar '16) Sep 24 Yes Baby 35
News Weird New Mexico: Bigfoot Sightings (Oct '11) Sep 22 reese 116

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages