City commission discusses proposed Las Cruces strip club

Sep 25, 2012 Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News 10

After two hours of overwhelmingly negative public commentary, the Las Cruces Planning and Zoning Commission voted 3-1 Tuesday against allowing a proposed strip club in this city.

Full Story
Elsie YesSir

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Sep 26, 2012
They are dolts for rejecting the strip joint. It would add $$$ to our city budget, keep people from driving to El Paso, and do no harm whatsoever.
NOMOREYEARS

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Sep 27, 2012
Yep another senseless vote - the business met all
the requirements necessary in a very secluded
area of town.

Oh well, just about the way everyone thought it
would go down - the City is anti-business.

Funny most of those there were outraged but
when they look at what MAOBAMA has done to
the country they just practice stick head in
and sand and vote for the Moron!
Kosher Frank

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Sep 28, 2012
i heart boobies! ;)
MoralySupeRear2U

Waltham, MA

#5 Sep 29, 2012
As usual, this joke of a city council does not want to bring jobs to las cruces. They are listening to these crazy people about morality. Breaking news flash. You live in the anus of new mexico. This place is pretty much a dump. Don't blind yourself and say that this would bring prostitution. What do you think picacho houses? Drugs? Really, people look around you, this is a drug infested cespool. Crime? Really, have you not seen all of the fake businesses?

Las cruces simply is antibusiness. The city council has no ballz to stand up and say, "they meet requirements, let's roll". The goody too shoes are so worried about their kids getting corrupted and the community getting corrupted then end up on the front page for raping their kidz or other crazy things.

Keep sending your money, your wives, daughters, sons, husbands, wifes down I10 to el paso. They welcome the business and have no problems catching your peeps drunk driving on the way back. Also, keep some caskets handy. They are necessary to bury your dead.
watchdog1

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 12, 2012
It is about time when the council screws up,like now when the Strip Club can go to court and sue the City. IT MEETS ALL ZONING REQUIRMENTS! This is what the Zoning Committee told Council.
When they Win in court,I think it is time that the Council Members themselves PAY for the suet out of their own pockets, instead of having the City pay for it. That is called accountability,something they don't show much of but brag about every chance they get..
PS" I understand some years ago another Club came to town and that Council nixed it, it went to court and the City lost the case and had to pay up. These bozos can't even learn from the past.
I Dont get it

Montgomery, AL

#7 Oct 12, 2012
What a bunch of IDIOTS! The money these places generate is tremendous and the taxes substantial. BUT, you have people that don't know the law, only that it WILL cost alot of money to see the club come in anyway. As for it corrupting our kids or adults, well we do have the internet and you can find what ever you want on there. Including prostitutes right in Las Cruces. Yep I said it, they are there and can be had a for a reasonable price. You can't live on morality alone for too long, the law will catch up with you.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#8 Oct 12, 2012
Like said earlier, the cops know where all the hookers and dealers are in lc. Some of those protesting visit these and have to jsutify their morality by hiding their true selves. The potential business should sue the city if they are not allowed to open.
watchdog1

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Oct 13, 2012
idgaf wrote:
Like said earlier, the cops know where all the hookers and dealers are in LC. Some of those protesting visit these and have to justify their morality by hiding their true selves. The potential business should sue the city if they are not allowed to open.
They sued the City in the past and will do it again. The Bozos in the City Council should pay the costs out of their own pockets since it is already a given that this will happen.
Time for a group recall!
One person said "it will take several administration to undo the damage that these present "goof" offs have done to this City" He was right on target.
Time for a group recall!
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#10 Oct 13, 2012
For the business people trying to open the tittybar, sue the crap out of the city. For the goody-2-shoes that protested, now that the city will get sued, why don't you breakout the churches checkbook and help pay for the lawsuit.

Preach by day, by night worship at Zebra's down the road.
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Oct 13, 2012
nice knockers at zEbras...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 71,008
BREAKING: Shooting reported near South Main and... (Mar '11) 10 hr manny mf loc 77
Ariel Dougherty and Sophia Peron: Financial woe... Thu rainy day 16
kimberly Clown face atencio Wed worried citizen 1
Diversity issues at NMSU raised during regents ... Dec 15 Help 1
what happened on Solano lastnight? Dec 15 worried citizen 1
Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied (Jun '11) Dec 14 bush 2016 12,365
Las Cruces Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Las Cruces News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Las Cruces

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:25 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:25AM
Boomer: Can Cardinals Win a Playoff Game?
NBC Sports10:32 AM
Peyton Manning back at work for Broncos
NBC Sports10:44 AM
Drew Stanton not seen working early at Cardinals' Friday practice
Yahoo! Sports11:10 AM
NFL against the spread picks: The most disrespected 11-3 team
NBC Sports11:57 AM
Ryan Lindley will start regardless of Drew Stanton's status