Gang member pleads guilty in assault case (12:05 p.m.)

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

A gang member has accepted a plea deal a year after shooting at a car of people he thought were laughing at him.
Comments
1 - 20 of 96 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Purple Eddy

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

I agree with you ONE DEAD BANGER! Why are our District Judges allowing these violent offenders on the streets and why are our District Attorney's so lazy not to actually go to trial so the Magots get a full scentance and stay out of the Communitiy.
LCisDumb

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

no doubt...

i thought you were laughing at me so i shoot you.

I rob an old man...

gang bangers are bullys (cowards with low self esteem issues acting out)... I'd love to see them go on Bully Beat down.

No one of them can fight one on one. they are the same as the terrorist or military is fighting right now. nothing but sucker punches.
Too Lenient

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

What about 3 strikes and you are out. Get this loser out of circulation once and for all. Put him behind bars and let him play out his gang fantasy around guys who know how to deal with wanna be's like him.
Las Crucen

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

He is free on bond? A judge let this guy out on the streets? Really? What was that judge thinking!?
Hickam AB

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

New Mexico court system.......WHY?
why indeed

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

Hickam AB wrote:
New Mexico court system.......WHY?
Because we have way too many bleeding heart liberals on the bench. This judge defended people like him when she was an attorney and she is still defending them.
The judge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

These individuals should roam the streets as they need many chances in life, he has expressed that he is a good man now and that he can take a joke without shooting at the common citizen, and that he will not rob the elderly.
desertkat

Cloudcroft, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

I still don't understand why we can't just round up these gangs and say, "We will not have this stuff in our town" and punish them enough to get rid of them. Come down so hard that they go to El Paso or somewhere!
Eroding Mayan Pyramid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

why indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we have way too many bleeding heart liberals on the bench. This judge defended people like him when she was an attorney and she is still defending them.
You may have a point but really I will say it is lazyness and just apathy. See at this level is not in it for the job, but for the careering to the next level.

It's all over america like that honestly. Being liberal or conservative is just the culture war. I follow the blotter here in Austin and you have the same thing. But when something really sensational happens (like injury to a child) then the hammer drops... I've even seen a case where a cop-killer received a 20 year sentence (Dick Deguerin was his lawyer). Anyway

The gang member shouldn't have been released, especially in the gang atmosphere there now!
Eroding Mayan Pyramid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

just to say it was D I C K (Richard) Deguerin.

The Topix language police blocked it out

:)
JNNM

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

Free on bond? For all of those infractions? WTF is wrong with these judges? Now he goes before Schultz? He's as good as free!! WTF! This pond-scumb-jerk needs to be locked up for good! You can see why Las Cruces has gotten so f'd up, look at these whimpy judges!!
So sick

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

Of these little punk bitches, not only the gang bangers but the judges!! How can a judge sleep at night knowing he let these losers back out on the street.
Silverback

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

JNNM: Why don't you track him down and off him?
Grass roots justice is an American tradition afterall.
JNNM

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

Silverback wrote:
JNNM: Why don't you track him down and off him?
Grass roots justice is an American tradition afterall.
It's against the law that's why, but it sure is tempting with all of these low-life-pond-scum losers!
JNNM

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

pond-sc~mb - geeze, sensor that word? Get real!
Fred

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

One year in jail for shooting at people in a car just because he thought they were laughing at him?
We need to start replacing liberal judges.
Voice of Reason

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

all violent offenders that have ties to a gang (locally or national) should be denied bond until trial date. Same goes for corrupt public officials.
WTF

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

He has all these priors and he is out on Bond??

Ok Im sick of all these lowlife gangbangers in our, what once used to be beautiful City of the Crosses......

CAN this FEMALE become a vigilante and just shot gang members onsite?? hell if he can get away with shooting at someone for laughing at him, Why cant we get away with shooting at them for just LOOKING like a gangbanger!!!
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

What a winner!
Edi

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

This guy is a fruit cake! He should have received at least five years for his stupidity!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Las Cruces Discussions

Search the Las Cruces Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,391
County has given hundreds of gay marriage licenses 23 hr Belle Sexton 3
affrique (May '12) Jul 25 Sailboat1107 210
Randy Mattingly and Olga Back Jul 24 Family 1
county commissioners Jul 23 behindschedule 1
las cruces sun news - going out of business Jul 23 behindschedule 3
Interstate 10 overpass project at Mesquite exit... Jul 23 behindschedule 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Las Cruces Jobs

•••