Las Cruces couple arrested on child a...

Las Cruces couple arrested on child abuse charges (1:13 p.m.)

There are 66 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 4, 2010, titled Las Cruces couple arrested on child abuse charges (1:13 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A Las Cruces couple was arrested Wednesday on child abuse charges after their 7-year-old son showed up at school with visible bruising to his head and neck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Free to all who cross

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Mar 4, 2010
Put on some boots and kick this sh*thead's face in! I just hope these kids can find some help and get what they need to be in a safe home environment!

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 4, 2010
WTH?? Hang them both!!!
My prayers to those kids, that someone loving adopts them all together and gets them the help they need...

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Mar 4, 2010
I'm sure both parents will only get probation thanks to our wonderful DA Susana Martinez!
Hater of every1

Pierre, SD

#5 Mar 4, 2010
scums of the earth! they both deserve to be kicked in the head by all the outraged citizens reading this story. our lawmakers need to pass stiffer penalties for child abusers and we need to get judges on the bench who aren't afraid to punish crap like these two! it's horrible to read stories like this - my heart goes out to the kids.
kokies67 nv

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Mar 4, 2010
to the mother of the kids dont you care for your kids or do you just wont the money because you are just a girl that haves baby so you can say you have a man i hope you both get your ass kick o Jeff i dont think you would like for someone to put a boot in your ass and punch you i hope they kick your in jail

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Mar 4, 2010
Us cretins in Las Cruces, NM know that they will be taking care of in prison where they belong....we are not vegilantes here we know we are a country of laws....

Daly City, CA

#8 Mar 4, 2010
Navydavy wrote:
Us cretins in Las Cruces, NM know that they will be taking care of in prison where they belong....we are not vegilantes here we know we are a country of laws....
Remember that comment you just made. It may come in handy God for bid if it is your son or daughters brains splattered on the floor by someone like this guy. Remember to say "here we are a country of laws". There are some crimes like the ones committed on this 7 year old that the justice is not equal to the crime itself.
Poor Cats

Farmington, NM

#9 Mar 4, 2010
Ok so how many cases of child abuse is this now in the last month? Like 15 to 20? Maybe more? This is out of hand, they need to put these two in prison for LIFE. Hopefully, the father will be raped repeatedly on a daily basis in prison and the mother will be tortured by big "Berthas" in women's prison. This is sick and revolting, and
something needs to be implemented to put the fear of God into these pieces of trash in this community who think they beat their kids half to death and get away with it.

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Mar 4, 2010
Both of them, I hope they get what is coming to them, I hope both of them get boot stomped in prison!!!!

Since: Jan 09

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Mar 4, 2010
BayAreaHydro wrote:
I am beyond outraged reading this story. Jeff Putnam you may want to consider staying as long as you can in jail for your safety.I would personally pay to bond you out so I can single handedly punch , and kick your face in. Abuse like this on a child is one thing I can not tolerate , and I can not see how the cretins in Las Cruces do not have this pukes head on a silver platter right now!
You see, here is a citizen that really, truly gets it. BayAreaHydro, I salute you. If this country was filled with individuals that possessed your honor, we'd be stregthening instead of floundering. It's revealing that you are from the Bay Area, because in this part of the country, this type of behavior is too often met with a shrug.

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Mar 4, 2010

I am pretty much ready to throw my computer through the wall after reading this. I'm almost shaking with anger.

You watch, in another 5 maybe 10 years, there's going to be vigilante justice, unless the DA's office and our prosecuting attorney's get their collective house in order, and ensure someone like this never, ever sees the light of day again.

One other thing, Governor Richardson, you should be ashamed of yourself rescinding the death penalty. To think I voted for you twice... what a disgrace.

Farmington, NM

#13 Mar 4, 2010
Yeah, beat them, stomp them, hang them. How the heck do you think they got to be that way? They were treated badly by their own parents, friends, and relatives! That does not EXCUSE their behavior; they certainly must be punished and have their children removed from their custody, but most of these comments are evidence that there are a lot of morons in our society who think that physical "correction" will stop abuse. It only perpetuates the behavior and is counter-productive.
And will you learn to spell, for crying out loud? I guess education is sorely needed on both sides.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#14 Mar 4, 2010
i'm sorry, but for those of you who think putting them in prison will change them or as one post said "put the fear of god in them" that is not gonna happen. people like this go to jail and they do not reform they become more violent a tad more stealthy in their violence because they don't want to go back, but they are way more bitter and will turn on anybody.

no i have no facts or studies or proof, but honestly how many people that end up in jail or prison come up reformed? seems people who commit violent crimes come out even more monstrous and they don't care who they hurt.

here's what will more than likely happen in this case. the so-called parents will get probation. the kids are already removed from them so that's taken care of and they more than likely won't be returned although they could be returned if the probation period is short and successfully completed.

and why will it end up that way???

remember robert flores? left his child so he could buy beer. okay that was 2007 and his trial still hasn't commenced. the prosecutors petitioned to extend the time for the 4th time and now his extension date is july 2, 2010.

so technically i believe he's been in jail for 3 years right? so no speedy trial rights for this guy and then what more than likely will happen he'll get probation by pleading to negligence or something. the prosecutors will be happy because they at least had him held for 3 or more years depending when this does go down.

this guy let his child die and the prosecutors have made no true effort to prosecute him. the defense has filed motions covering nearly every base to no avail - at least they are doing their job! but hte prosecutors have petitioned to extend the trial 4 TIMES which means they have made no effort to prosecute the case. worse what may happen it does get dismissed for violating his right to a speedy trial for "want of prosecution."

this case, the parents (just a label) might get a plea deal from the outset. they've already lost theirkids and thankfully they are still alive.

Newark, AR

#15 Mar 5, 2010
Send these to id!ots to Juarez!!! Can't believe how many women will stick by there men instead of there children. Women wake the f*ck up your children come first there is no reason why your children should fear going home!!!! The excuse of this happen to them when they were little is so dumb to say, I hate hearing that nonsense. As, we become adults we have to make the choice of changing the pattern life we grew up in. So, stop blamming the bullsh!t and get a grip and change your living for the better. Other thing that gets me is when women say but, I LOVE HIM!!! Oh sh!t this is really pissing me off!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Mar 5, 2010
yes, they will get their children back to abuse. as a teacher who has called cyfd over 10 times on just one of my students, i have seen what our wonderful system here in las cruces does. and once they are placed back with those parents, cyfd will ignore any and all calls from teachers and other school officials.

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Mar 5, 2010
seems that the way of life in las cruces is for the mother to have a child to get a man/child support. they don't care for the child. that's the way of life out here. i've never seen such a backwards, sad, shameful culture then when i came to new mexico.
NY Liberal

Thoreau, NM

#19 Mar 5, 2010
Wow, what a sick *******! Putting his footed boot on the neck of a 7-yr old kid. People like this should be removed from society!
Proud New Mexican

United States

#20 Mar 5, 2010
Child abusers were abused children. Maybe these parents won't get their kids back. Hopefully these children get counciling and not just shuffled around through the system. There are not enough foster homes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all who have made comments, volunteer and become foster parents? TALK IS CHEAP!

El Paso, TX

#21 Mar 5, 2010
shmae wrote:
seems that the way of life in las cruces is for the mother to have a child to get a man/child support. they don't care for the child. that's the way of life out here. i've never seen such a backwards, sad, shameful culture then when i came to new mexico.
Why is is that you transplants blame everything on culture? It is plain stupidity regardless of the culture.

Albuquerque, NM

#23 Mar 5, 2010
Castrate him and tie her d a m n tubes NOW! They don't deserve children, and have far to many as it is! Oh but no, we will try to rehabilitate the i d i o t s ! I am soooo against that, and as I said, castrate him and tie her tubes now for starters!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 9 hr Georgie 6,604
News 4112 Tara Dr. NE, Albuquerque, NM 11 hr Daherla 2
News FootballPREP Football Hero Pollprep Football He... Nov 22 Mayfield1 2
News NM couple accused of prescription drug trafficking (May '13) Nov 16 Nita C Rusak 7
paris - the very reason not to bring unvetted s... Nov 14 Bloodonhishands 1
it takes guts to snitch and a coward not to. Nov 12 Horse 5
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Nov 11 Las cruces 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages