Police officer hurt in off-duty motor...

Police officer hurt in off-duty motorcycle accident last week dies

There are 72 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 10, 2008, titled Police officer hurt in off-duty motorcycle accident last week dies. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Robert Patrick Dimuzio, the El Paso police officer critically injured late Wednesday in an off-duty motorcycle accident, died around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, police spokesman Officer Chris Mears said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Gringo

El Paso, TX

#81 Aug 20, 2008
Tim Z wrote:
For all of you writing negative comments, I am shocked and disgusted. I am a relative of Bobby DiMuzio and I can't even believe the ignorant garbage I am reading on this forum.
Everyone of us has done something that might be considered unsafe or risky. All of us that lived thru it are more lucky than Bobby was. If any of us would have been killed while taking a risk would we have gotten what we deserved? I can only imagine the trauma his immediate family has had to endure during this ordeal. I sure as hell hope they don't Google his name like I did and stumble across the comments of the many morons who have apparently found pleasure in his death.
To all of you who have left the ignorant comments, I hope deep down you understand just how useless you all are if you actually believe what you are writing. This man would have run into a burning building for you, saved the life of your children, spouse or parents without hesitation. Think about that, especially next time you are in an emergency situation. God help you.
To those of you leaving caring, sympathetic (human) comments I know that his immediate family appreciates all the support they have received during this tragedy. I didn't know Bobby well, and it has been many years since I have seen him. After reading the many positive comments that have been made public since his death I wish I fully regret not knowing him better.
My prayers are with his Wife, Children, Mother, Sister, Grandparents and his two young nephews.
ocourse you are releated, all w.e.t. backs are related. Mi primo
soldier

El Paso, TX

#83 Aug 20, 2008
right on wrote:
<quoted text>
right on i totally agree with you EPPD have no respect, whos fault is it but theirs! they have lost a lot of respect because of their behavior.
Any retired SEAL or Spec Ops guy would know that the officer's file would not be public and is TOP SECRET. Mr retired "Seal" is a fake.
your dumb

El Paso, TX

#84 Aug 21, 2008
PROUD wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE TAXES DON'T PAY OUR SALARY, YOUR CRIMES AND VIOLATIONS DO. OFFICERS DO THE JOB CAUSE DEEP DOWN THEY CARE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF LIFE IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD AND DO CARE ABOUT THEIR CITIZENS WELFARE. OFFICERS DON'T DEAL WITH THE GOOD PEOPLE, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD'NT HAVE A JOB. SORRY YOU ARE SORE BECAUSE YOU RECEIVED A CITATION OR HAVE BEEN ARRESTED. MOST CITIZENS ARE SATISFIED WITH THEIR WORK AND RESPONSE. IT IS NOT EASY TO BECOME AN OFFICER AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T MAKE IT THROUGH EARLY STAGES OF THE HIRING PROCESS BECAUSE HAVE SOME KIND OF SKELETON IN TH CLOSET. AN OFFICER, HUSBAND, AND FATHER NEVER QUESTIONED PLACING HIS LIFE ON THE LINE FOR YOURS WITHOUT QUESTION ON A DAILY BASIS. ALTHOUGH HE MADE A TRAGIC AND FATAL MISTAKE HE STILL KEPT THE SCUM OFF THE STREETS AND IS THE REASON YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET WITHOUT CONCERN OF BEING MUGGED OR ATTACKED. I WOULD'NT DOUBT YOU DRINK AND DRIVE YOURSELF ON THE WEEKEND. COPS DON'T RIDE ON A HIGH HORSE, THEY PUT YOU IN CHECK BECAUSE YOU DON'T LISTEN AND GET OUT OF CONTROL. SEEING AS YOU DON'T MAKE MISTAKES, I GUESS YOU'RE THE BUBBLE BOY, TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT YOUR IGNORANT SELF. NO ONE IS PERFECT AND WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, THE PROBLEM IS NO ONE LIKES TO PAY FOR THEM. REACH DEEP INSIDE INTO YOUR HUMANITY AND LET THIS HERO WHO DEDICATED HIS LIFE TO YOUR FIRST AMENDMANT RIGHTS REST IN PEACE. REMEMBER YOUR COMMENTS THE NEXT TIME YOU CALL 911, HELL DON'T BOTHER, I'M SURE YOU COULD HANDLE THINGS ON YOUR OWN.
You are wrong, our taxes do pay your salary, why do you think the chief of police, city manager, and county commisioners approve any raises the El Paso Police Department will have, meaning we do pay your salary, let me start by telling you that first and foremost i do not drink and drive and have never gotten a speeding ticket, yes WE all make mistakes BUT this guy acted in carelessness, not only did he speed in a residential area, not wear a helmet but also had never rode a motorcycle. that was an act of not being responsible. Second of all the hiring process must not be that difficult, the El Paso Police Department officers DO NOT require a college degree and basically you do not need any intellectual knowledge to do the job, you drive the little car around and "find" something to do, that is not complicated its a technical job not a career, i must clarify. in any case if i would need to call 911, i would call if needed why not if I am paying for you to serve me, so be assured if I need your technical service I will call.
stop the madness

Milwaukee, WI

#86 Aug 25, 2008
PROUD wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE TAXES DON'T PAY OUR SALARY, YOUR CRIMES AND VIOLATIONS DO. OFFICERS DO THE JOB CAUSE DEEP DOWN THEY CARE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF LIFE IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD AND DO CARE ABOUT THEIR CITIZENS WELFARE. OFFICERS DON'T DEAL WITH THE GOOD PEOPLE, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD'NT HAVE A JOB. SORRY YOU ARE SORE BECAUSE YOU RECEIVED A CITATION OR HAVE BEEN ARRESTED. MOST CITIZENS ARE SATISFIED WITH THEIR WORK AND RESPONSE. IT IS NOT EASY TO BECOME AN OFFICER AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T MAKE IT THROUGH EARLY STAGES OF THE HIRING PROCESS BECAUSE HAVE SOME KIND OF SKELETON IN TH CLOSET. AN OFFICER, HUSBAND, AND FATHER NEVER QUESTIONED PLACING HIS LIFE ON THE LINE FOR YOURS WITHOUT QUESTION ON A DAILY BASIS. ALTHOUGH HE MADE A TRAGIC AND FATAL MISTAKE HE STILL KEPT THE SCUM OFF THE STREETS AND IS THE REASON YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET WITHOUT CONCERN OF BEING MUGGED OR ATTACKED. I WOULD'NT DOUBT YOU DRINK AND DRIVE YOURSELF ON THE WEEKEND. COPS DON'T RIDE ON A HIGH HORSE, THEY PUT YOU IN CHECK BECAUSE YOU DON'T LISTEN AND GET OUT OF CONTROL. SEEING AS YOU DON'T MAKE MISTAKES, I GUESS YOU'RE THE BUBBLE BOY, TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT YOUR IGNORANT SELF. NO ONE IS PERFECT AND WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, THE PROBLEM IS NO ONE LIKES TO PAY FOR THEM. REACH DEEP INSIDE INTO YOUR HUMANITY AND LET THIS HERO WHO DEDICATED HIS LIFE TO YOUR FIRST AMENDMANT RIGHTS REST IN PEACE. REMEMBER YOUR COMMENTS THE NEXT TIME YOU CALL 911, HELL DON'T BOTHER, I'M SURE YOU COULD HANDLE THINGS ON YOUR OWN.
BULL S#*T!
your dumb

El Paso, TX

#87 Aug 27, 2008
stop the madness wrote:
<quoted text>BULL S#*T!
LOL :) YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT! only one suggestion, you might want to take wipes to wipe your sweaty butt! LOL

BYE BYE
Bigrick Sharpe

Minneapolis, MN

#88 Sep 6, 2008
How are you Officer, Hey I am a Vet former State Officer, and ya know even though it's sad that Shit happen's a rider can ride with or without a lid, glad it's one of the few thing's Lib's havent taken away, and the Insurance argument, crap cause they raise rates no matter what, has long has they have suckers who pay, and never complain of the crap service etc. esp. health Ins. for City workers here in MN, so please stop preachin to tha crowd! Ride free! May the officers family be comforted.
rog

Fayetteville, NC

#89 Nov 14, 2008
Dimuzio, Robert Patrick 08/2008 El Paso, TX ... In an online article for ELPASOTIMES.COM entitled “Officer hurt in crash an ex-SEAL”( http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_10145532 ) you offer the following statement:

“Robert Patrick Dimuzio, the El Paso police officer critically injured late Wednesday in an off-duty motorcycle accident, is a well-liked officer and former U.S. Navy SEAL who enjoys working the graveyard shift, his commander said Friday.”

Further on in the article you state:

“Maloney said Dimuzio was in the U.S. Navy for about eight years and was a member of the SEALs, a maritime force involved in direct action and special reconnaissance operations.”

While it is unfortunate that officer Dimuzio was injured, either in the line of duty or off duty, and while the community in which he serves certainly deserves to know of his accident, the information contained in your story is not entirely factual. I am one of about a dozen persons in the nation who holds a current/up-to-date copy of the SEAL Database – a comprehensive listing of all men who successfully graduated from the US Navy’s UDT/SEAL training course (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training… referred to as “BUD/S”). While that database does include the names of many men who are factual heroes, and a few who have transgressed the laws of our land, it does not contain the name “Robert Patrick Dimuzio”. In point of fact there are no listings in the entirety of the database (end of WWII to the present day) for anyone with the last name “Dimuzio” or any spelling variant thereof.

Unless he has undertaken the unlikely action of a legal name change (an action for which there would be supporting proof in the form of court documentation) since his supposed service with the SEAL Teams, I can state conclusively that ROBERT PATRICK DIMUZIO has NEVER completed SEAL training, and he is not now, nor was he ever a US Navy SEAL or UDT “Frogman”....

Very Respectfully,

Steve Robinson

USN 1970-1978
SEAL Team ONE
Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
UDT-SEAL Association - Member
Special Operations Association - Member #2440-GA
POW Network Advisory Board
Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
CyberSEALs.org Webmaster
Author of the book NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters
No Mames

El Paso, TX

#90 Nov 14, 2008
rog wrote:
Dimuzio, Robert Patrick 08/2008 El Paso, TX ... In an online article for ELPASOTIMES.COM entitled “Officer hurt in crash an ex-SEAL”( http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_10145532 ) you offer the following statement:
“Robert Patrick Dimuzio, the El Paso police officer critically injured late Wednesday in an off-duty motorcycle accident, is a well-liked officer and former U.S. Navy SEAL who enjoys working the graveyard shift, his commander said Friday.”
Further on in the article you state:
“Maloney said Dimuzio was in the U.S. Navy for about eight years and was a member of the SEALs, a maritime force involved in direct action and special reconnaissance operations.”
While it is unfortunate that officer Dimuzio was injured, either in the line of duty or off duty, and while the community in which he serves certainly deserves to know of his accident, the information contained in your story is not entirely factual. I am one of about a dozen persons in the nation who holds a current/up-to-date copy of the SEAL Database – a comprehensive listing of all men who successfully graduated from the US Navy’s UDT/SEAL training course (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training… referred to as “BUD/S”). While that database does include the names of many men who are factual heroes, and a few who have transgressed the laws of our land, it does not contain the name “Robert Patrick Dimuzio”. In point of fact there are no listings in the entirety of the database (end of WWII to the present day) for anyone with the last name “Dimuzio” or any spelling variant thereof.
Unless he has undertaken the unlikely action of a legal name change (an action for which there would be supporting proof in the form of court documentation) since his supposed service with the SEAL Teams, I can state conclusively that ROBERT PATRICK DIMUZIO has NEVER completed SEAL training, and he is not now, nor was he ever a US Navy SEAL or UDT “Frogman”....
Very Respectfully,
Steve Robinson
USN 1970-1978
SEAL Team ONE
Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
UDT-SEAL Association - Member
Special Operations Association - Member #2440-GA
POW Network Advisory Board
Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
CyberSEALs.org Webmaster
Author of the book NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters
Ummm... the guy is dead... Who gives a damn?
Deployed

Germany

#91 Apr 18, 2009
Dave Castillo wrote:
Officer Robert Dimuzio was my nephew. He was a well liked person and a father and a brother and a husband. Please be considerate to this,,he made a mistake and it cost him his life. I was there when he died and believe me and you we will miss him VERY MUCH. He served his country with pride and dedication,,,he was there fighting for us as all the rest of our military. He earned the Bronze Star,,,which nucklehead was probably in jail when Bobby was fighting for all of us. I am in law enforcement also and I love him and miss him,,as all of us that knew him too. So instead of finding the wrong in Bobby Dimuzio,,Thank him for his service to his country and his city as a public servant. Be advised I am still living and would love to set anyone straight on this issue,,,Nucklehead,,,you game?
Mr. Castillo,

I graduated the academy with your nephew and I can say that he was a friend. I am currently deployed to Iraq and was when I heard the news. I am sorry for your family's loss.
Citizen of ep

United States

#92 Jun 7, 2009
right on wrote:
<quoted text>
right on i totally agree with you EPPD have no respect, whos fault is it but theirs! they have lost a lot of respect because of their behavior.
Is that what everybody cares about...hello what about his family or his children that will never see or hear their father again. Or they pain that those babies are going through now that they have no daddy. how sad that all you care talking about is EPPD. same on you!!!!!!!!!!1
Rick

Fresno, CA

#95 Jul 17, 2009
I'm sorry it has been so long.

Thanks Rob for having my back at the command.
There seems to have been many strange posts and perhaps if you don't know what we do; it can be confusing for the adverage joe. Naomi, if you ever wish for me to clear the air then let me know. Otherwise all you need know is that he would do anything for anyone and I'm gratefull to have been his LPO ad he was mine at some time too.

I'll see you again my freind,

Rick

[email protected]
Jan

El Paso, TX

#96 May 19, 2011
It would be nice for anybody that knew this young man,to call the hospital and find out who the jerk (shocked)that is not following the HIPAA rules in complete confidentiality. He said he works there and by this person saying he works there and letting the public know "I should know I work at the hospital" he may be in HIPAA Violation.From

just glancing at all this it appears that the only life lost was his. So what are you evil people talking about? It's safe to say that you who are talkin shit have had a run with the law. A life was lost here. Get a life REAL law breakers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lcpd no confidence vote Tue Bloodonhishands 3
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... Sep 12 Marie 6
News DEA conducts raid at Phat Glass in Las Cruces Sep 12 grateful for DEA ... 1
News Burn Lake sexual activities targeted by authori... (Sep '10) Sep 6 Jimmy Aid 145
News Undersheriff slides into new position with OCSO (Apr '13) Sep 6 Nojoke 45
News County woman suspected in stealing 83-year-olda Aug 30 Stagnant 1
News Couple charged with child abuse (11:06 a.m.) (Feb '08) Aug 29 Randy Dickey 13

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages