Dog Licensing - Is this a TAX?

Dog Licensing - Is this a TAX?

Posted in the Las Cruces Forum

The Dawg

Bedford, MA

#1 Nov 25, 2012
I was reading today that dogs within the Las Cruces city limits require a dog license. Is that correct? Does vacination not cover this extra tax? What is the money for a dog license used for and why is it separate from vacination? I see that it's renewed yearly. Lots of dogs in and around the city. What's the yearly revenue collected from this and how is it used? I'm curious to the justification used to pass this tax through the city council.

Las Cruces has interesting ways of raising revenues from the taxpayer: redlight cameras, speed traps everywhere, dog licenses, crazy tourist taxes (this one is nearly nuts, who in their right mind wants to tour NM, at least Las Cruces), etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
affrique (May '12) 16 hr anonymous 249
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 16 hr volk4me 7,118
News High school student charged with assaulting tea... (Oct '10) Jan 21 joedoe911 120
Anyone Know "Doc" Daniel Brandt? Jan 21 joedoe911 7
News N.M. man charged with hitting child with fly sw... (Aug '10) Jan 11 FacePalmingINTENSELY 35
News Swat situation ends without injury in Dona Ana ... (Jan '11) Jan 11 Djordan 48
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Nov '15) Jan 7 Puffthemagicdragon 3

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages