Son of Las Cruces couple killed in Iraq

There are 13 comments on the KOB-TV Albuquerque story from Apr 11, 2007, titled Son of Las Cruces couple killed in Iraq. In it, KOB-TV Albuquerque reports that:

Last Update: 04/11/2007 1:19:51 PM By: Todd Dukart A Las Cruces couple is mourning the loss of their son in Iraq.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV Albuquerque.

“THE BENEVOLENT CON”

Since: Mar 07

LOS ANGELES now LAS CRUCES, NM

#1 Apr 12, 2007
I hate to say this... but as long as the parents of over 3 thousand fallen service men and women don't stand up and say to the President, "Enough is Enough.." their will more and more dying needlessly.

As long as the parents get on TV and just say how much they support the President... this war will have no end.

So to you parents who get on TV and cry and cry... I hate to say it... but it partly your fault. You are condoning this war but keeping quiet and not standing up and be heard. Crying now after your son or daughter is gone... means very little. You have made the ultimate sacrifice.... maybe now you will stand up and demand that this insane war comes to an end, instead of appearing weak on TV and crying due to your loss. The President can't turn his back on you. Use your voice and BE HEARD.

Failing to do this... only means that there will many many more fallen serviceman, and the parade of crying parents will have no impact on the President.

jose

AOL

#2 May 1, 2007
To Mr Brito

Unlike, yourself Mr. Brito we support the President of the United States for standing up against evil in this world. We will support and defend the US Military and our allies during this period of our great need.
Fred Brito wrote:
I hate to say this... but as long as the parents of over 3 thousand fallen service men and women don't stand up and say to the President, "Enough is Enough.." their will more and more dying needlessly.
As long as the parents get on TV and just say how much they support the President... this war will have no end.
So to you parents who get on TV and cry and cry... I hate to say it... but it partly your fault. You are condoning this war but keeping quiet and not standing up and be heard. Crying now after your son or daughter is gone... means very little. You have made the ultimate sacrifice.... maybe now you will stand up and demand that this insane war comes to an end, instead of appearing weak on TV and crying due to your loss. The President can't turn his back on you. Use your voice and BE HEARD.
Failing to do this... only means that there will many many more fallen serviceman, and the parade of crying parents will have no impact on the President.

“THE BENEVOLENT CON”

#3 May 1, 2007
Another dingbat Republican. Don't you think enough of our service men and women have died needlessly?

If you love BUSH so much why don't you go out there and risk your life.

Better yet... send your kids and young family members out there to get killed for absolutely nothing.

I am sure your tune will change rather quickly.

Please don't bother writing me back, I have heard of your brand of "airhead stupidity" before.

I hear it every day from that idiot we call a president. George "Knucklehead" Bush!

The "W" means WRONG.

“THE BENEVOLENT CON”

#4 May 1, 2007
PS: I served in Vietnam... I know first hand what it is like to be screwed over by Government stupidity. At least I served my country. Did you? I doubt. You probably sat in your easy chair while people like me were out saving your ass.
TheTubra

United States

#5 May 2, 2007
Fred Brito wrote:
Better yet... send your kids and young family members out there to get killed for absolutely nothing.

This is one of the many arrogant and narrow minded quotes in a large string of virulent, inept patter. For someone who has "served" their country, your remarks in regards to those serving, and their parents are absolutely insulting, belligerent, and benighted. You “served” in Vietnam, I have nothing but praise and respect for veterans. While you were out "saving our asses," people here at home scoffed at servicemen and said they were dying needlessly, just like you are saying about our current military. The fact that you “served” gives you no right to be this disrespectful, but should have enlightened you to what it’s like for families and soldiers involved with a conflict. Your discord of paltry and contemptuous jabs shows an ignorance and arrogance that is unfortunately shared by many liberals.

This war ends when nations around the world toughen up to this backwards fascist Islamic bullshit and put a stop to it through whatever means necessary.*They* are the enemy of modern civilized world, following twisted 8th century beliefs. These savages slaughter innocents like animals on a daily basis. We saw them on 9/11 (and even long before) and pretty much every day after that with the countless of attacks done around the globe. You are another conned victim of Bush syndrome. Blinded by your shear hatred of Bush, you cry and wail with your self-righteous banter. This is the same attitude of the democrats who saw a veto yesterday. So hateful of Bush, they are willing to abandon responsibility, those in Iraq, and to us as a nation. We are not a nation of quitters; we took out a degenerate dictator, opened a dormant mess there, now we take responsibility, and aid. Responsibility is a concept foreign to the far left. Hell, responsibility is becoming something foreign to a lot of Americans. Running away from problems isn't the solution.

What if we leave? What then? What of the Iraqi people? What about another regime engulfing the nation? Everyone is so obsessed with "being heard," and demanding change. Well Bush has heard you, and his answer is no. If the democrats just set aside their dislike of Bush, and the current administration would grow some balls, progress might be made. I am not a fan of how Bush is handling this at all. It needs to be dealt with in a much tougher and less tolerant manner. Fascist Islam holds a very violent and intelligent group of people who have no grand army or method of inflicting direct conventional damage, but possess the knowledge of our weaknesses as a nation, and are actively exploiting them. This is how the weak fight. Sound familiar?
jose

AOL

#6 May 4, 2007
Mr Brito

I am a US Army Airborne Ranger and I have served in the front lines and I have seen what good we are doing over their. So you served in Vietnam, well that is great and I respect that but watch your words before calling someone a idiot. I have over 10 combat tours and I have seen many soldiers and civilians die, so do not preach to me about serving in this great military. I along with everyone in my unit support our president of the United States. I am very proud to serve this country. We in the US Military are very proud of serving. With your words that you said about changing my tone, yes, I have changed my tone to be a more stonger supporter of the Presindent. Just like the person said before me about the veto. Do you know that out of the 124 billion dollars that is on the bill, only 90 billion will go to the military. The other 34 billion goes to "Pork Belly" for the Democrats. Research if you don't know. Need anymore!

“THE BENEVOLENT CON”

#7 May 4, 2007
And YET Another Knucklehead speaks out to support dum dum George Bush. When will the parade of idiots ever end?
jose wrote:
Mr Brito
I am a US Army Airborne Ranger and I have served in the front lines and I have seen what good we are doing over their. So you served in Vietnam, well that is great and I respect that but watch your words before calling someone a idiot. I have over 10 combat tours and I have seen many soldiers and civilians die, so do not preach to me about serving in this great military. I along with everyone in my unit support our president of the United States. I am very proud to serve this country. We in the US Military are very proud of serving. With your words that you said about changing my tone, yes, I have changed my tone to be a more stonger supporter of the Presindent. Just like the person said before me about the veto. Do you know that out of the 124 billion dollars that is on the bill, only 90 billion will go to the military. The other 34 billion goes to "Pork Belly" for the Democrats. Research if you don't know. Need anymore!

Since: May 07

United States

#8 May 4, 2007
"dum dum George Bush?"

Powerful, moving words. You do a great job bringing a convincing argument to the table.

“THE BENEVOLENT CON”

#9 May 5, 2007
You are right... I should not have stoop to your level of stupidity and ignorance. If you love the Bastard GB... pack your trash and go to Iraq. Who is stopping you. All this crap of how much you support GB is all fake and ignorant. More than half of the country hates the SOB. You are in the minority. Oh but don't let me stop you from being a Knucklehead with blinders on. Also, don't be a child. You don't need to write me back to confirm how idioctic you are. I already know.

Since: May 07

Las Cruces, NM

#10 May 7, 2007
Read the infestation of comments you've left. You sound like a second semester college kid who just got out of sociology 101. Anyone who will do a five minute google search on you will know what a hack you are. You do not know me, but unfortunately for you, people know who you are. You opinions will always be limited to this obscure forum, as where you will continue to rot; in obscurity.

“THE BENEVOLENT CON”

#11 May 7, 2007
Yada yada yada.... I will be laughing all the way to the bank!
Annon

Burlington, Canada

#12 Sep 17, 2007
Fred Brito is a degenerate to society. He's a fake and a con man. He's never been to Vietnam. Look him up on google. Don't waste your time debating with him. He's not worth 2 cents. FYI...if you actually publish a book that YOU WROTE... I'm ashamed of anyone who buys it. You've hurt a lot of people in a lot of ways and you'll never change no matter what you say.
Daphne

Orono, ME

#13 Sep 18, 2007
Your consumate ability to present yourself as the ultimate prick seems no bounds. How DARE YOU BLAME parents for their children's death. I would agree however that GWB SHOULD have sent his 2 daughters FIRST and then talk to us parents about sending our beloved children over to Iraq. We CAN and DO step up to the plate regarding our children's so called safety oversees - but because GWB is GWB (just like his daddy) our words, emotions, heartfelt letters, etc. continually fall upon deaf ears. GWB is determined to screw us ALL over, before his term ends.

BTW, I LOVED watching you squirm under Dr. Phil McGraw's eyes and words. People like you are totally reprehensible. Two bad it's not Salem, MA back in the 1800's and earlier - we would have burned you at the steak, and I personally would have brought the marshmallows and hotdogs and enjoy every damned bite of it.

So, piss off Fred - go back under the rock from which you came from.

p.s.- your parents must be MIGHTY proud OF YOU.
Fred Brito wrote:
Yada yada yada.... I will be laughing all the way to the bank!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Las Cruces, NM (Aug '10) Fri Beth Blevins rela... 195
ISIS Camp a Few Miles from Texas, Mexican Autho... Apr 29 EatPrayDie 3
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Apr 28 Corinn 6,370
News Sen. Mary Kay Papen: No legal barrier to making... Apr 28 sheryl 2
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Apr 27 eastside 193
Lost Chihuahua/terrier "Darlin' (neighbors) Apr 27 yankeedudell 2
News Public Payrolls 2015: Sheriff's department says... Apr 26 Bloodonhishands 1
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]