Gov. Martinez appoints Las Crucen to ...

Gov. Martinez appoints Las Crucen to judicial panel (8:33 a.m.)

There are 35 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 23, 2011, titled Gov. Martinez appoints Las Crucen to judicial panel (8:33 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Gov. Susana Martinez has made five appointments to New Mexico's Judicial Standards Commission.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Business Gal

Huntsville, AL

#1 Mar 23, 2011
great news for Las Cruces
Jolly Rodger

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 23, 2011
What a joke
Pete

Roy, WA

#3 Mar 23, 2011
It will only be great news if the new panel can rein in the arrogant,boorish,and unethical behavior of the local justices.

“The Gruber pile lies still”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 23, 2011
Hey, it's Derrence from from kp topix duty.

Nothing like stacking the deck to cover one's inept, unethical, pathetic ass.
fscott

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Mar 23, 2011
As bad as the judges of New Mexico are I don't think it is possible to have worst judges.
Dave

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Mar 23, 2011
Well, let's hope they do something with Judge Driggers. He is a disgrace to the judicial system! This judge does not listen to both sides, he makes his mind up about a case and then refuses to listen to the truth. He is partial and abuses his judicial power. He makes rulings based on complete hearsay testimony from a dishonest and unethical attorney that he's partial to without any evidence at all, just hearsay allegations. He promotes embroilment in his courtroom and allows abuse of the process. He seems to dislike women to the point that he would sanction a mother for trying to protect her children. He has given orders that were illegal and violated a parolee's parole stipulations. I know of a case where he gave orders that aided and abetted tax fraud, not to mention violating the person's civil rights. I hope that the new judges are honest, impartial, and willing to listen to both sides of a case. What we need are judges that are ethical and promote fairness, honesty, and integrity in the justice system; instead of allowing their personal embroilment with a litigant dictate their rulings and/or judicial findings. PS- I'll give you a clue who the unethical attorney is: His archrival is Mary Rosner!
Betsy

Huntsville, AL

#7 Mar 24, 2011
Dave wrote:
Well, let's hope they do something with Judge Driggers. He is a disgrace to the judicial system! This judge does not listen to both sides, he makes his mind up about a case and then refuses to listen to the truth. He is partial and abuses his judicial power. He makes rulings based on complete hearsay testimony from a dishonest and unethical attorney that he's partial to without any evidence at all, just hearsay allegations. He promotes embroilment in his courtroom and allows abuse of the process. He seems to dislike women to the point that he would sanction a mother for trying to protect her children. He has given orders that were illegal and violated a parolee's parole stipulations. I know of a case where he gave orders that aided and abetted tax fraud, not to mention violating the person's civil rights. I hope that the new judges are honest, impartial, and willing to listen to both sides of a case. What we need are judges that are ethical and promote fairness, honesty, and integrity in the justice system; instead of allowing their personal embroilment with a litigant dictate their rulings and/or judicial findings. PS- I'll give you a clue who the unethical attorney is: His archrival is Mary Rosner!
Yes I'm sure this judge will get removed from the bench too.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#8 Apr 2, 2011
UM was this darren white the guy in martinez's commercial. the one about cops supporting martinez?

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#9 Apr 2, 2011
Yep found the article:

"In a post yesterday, I discussed problems with the credibility of the latest ad (above) of GOP gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez -- which is called "Police Stand with Susana." I pointed out that her latest TV spot features Darren White in a Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department vest -- even though he's no longer a sheriff -- as well as Bob Martinez, who was fired as Executive Director of the State Parole Board because he didn't inform victims that a sex-offender priest was being paroled. Neither one of these guys can be considered to be "police," despite the title of the ad."

http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/democrac...

So he gets paid for the ad (well actors usually get paid) and for his support he gets nominated to a position.

So technically this is martinez paying him to play :-D
There is no justice

Lexington, MA

#10 Apr 7, 2011
Im hoping Judge Driggers will no longer take cases involving child custody. He refused to listen to testimony, witnesses, and proof that the child is being SEVERELY neglected for several years. The woman who doesnt even deserve to be called a mother even testified in court that she was "too busy to clean house or provide heat or warm water because she had small children to take care of". CPS has been called to her house twice and they are nothing but a joke as well. She still got joint custody, and to this day, the child has to spend every weekend in a house that is filthy, no food, dog shit all over the house, doesnt have a bed and comes home every Sunday with head lice, bed bug bites, filthy clothes, and hasnt taken a shower or brushed her teeth while she was in her mother's care. I THINK JUDGE DRIGGERS NEEDS TO SLEEP IN THE FILTH WHERE THIS CHILD SLEEPS, USE THE SAME BATHROOM THIS CHILD HAS TO, AND CATCH HEAD LICE AND HAVE BED BUG BITES ALL OVER HIS ENTIRE BODY. IF HE HAD TO SPEND JUST ONE NIGHT IN THAT SAME HOUSE AND IN THOSE SAME CONDITIONS, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT HE WOULD EVER WANT TO GO BACK, YET THIS CHILD HAS TO GO BACK TO THAT EVERY WEEK. Just because someone can reproduce doesnt make them a mother!!!!
Cruces moms

United States

#11 Aug 9, 2013
Judge rosner has made so many terrible decisions that negatively affect children. She doesn't know what she's doing. It's terrible that children of our city are at her mercy. She doesn't know what's best for children at all and should never of been appointed. What a shame!
Poodle

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Sep 17, 2014
Cruces moms wrote:
Judge rosner has made so many terrible decisions that negatively affect children. She doesn't know what she's doing. It's terrible that children of our city are at her mercy. She doesn't know what's best for children at all and should never of been appointed. What a shame!
I can't agree more. Rosner has done nothing but pick sides in the first hearing and is very biased against women and for abusers.
las cruces parent

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Sep 23, 2014
I cant believe this woman is still allowed to be a judge. This woman is bias towards woman, never see's proof and evidence that the children are in bad situations. At a court i heard her tell a parent im changing the childs last name to her fathers, and i quote "because this is America!" How is this even allowed. I know this is an old thread but seriously why is this woman still a judge not only that but running to keep the position! God forbids she wins. Please las cruces lets choose better judges
lc parent

United States

#15 Sep 24, 2014
las cruces parent wrote:
I cant believe this woman is still allowed to be a judge. This woman is bias towards woman, never see's proof and evidence that the children are in bad situations. At a court i heard her tell a parent im changing the childs last name to her fathers, and i quote "because this is America!" How is this even allowed. I know this is an old thread but seriously why is this woman still a judge not only that but running to keep the position! God forbids she wins. Please las cruces lets choose better judges
I so agree! Please for the sake of our children.
Dane

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Sep 28, 2014
I agree Rosner needs to be voted out she is biased and does not care what is best for the children. She does side with the abusers. She is running unopposed which is a terrible terrible thing for the county of Dona Ana. There are three boxes on the ballet. One for yes, one for no, and one for do not retain. Las Cruces we need to check do not retain for Judge Rosner, for the best of Dona Ana.
lola

San Antonio, TX

#17 Dec 10, 2014
Poodle wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't agree more. Rosner has done nothing but pick sides in the first hearing and is very biased against women and for abusers.
I have found first hand how true this is. This judge needs disbarred. If she likes abusers so much she should have to deal with one.
Adl

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Jan 10, 2015
Judge Rosner told my ex, and I quote February 2013 "You are a danger to yourself and to others. Nothing will change until you can provide proof that he is sober."
November 2014 With no evidence he is no longer a danger to self or others she took half my custody of our youngest and gave it to a man who's neglect failure to protect resulted in the Rape of our 13 year old daughter by a 31 year old man, causing him to lose all custody of her to me.
After contacting Susana Martinez Child Protective Services representative from Santa Fe by the name of Harry Montoya told me that even though there is previous neglect on one child CPS will do nothing to protect my youngest until she experiences harm. Really, why does a child have to be harmed in order to be protected? Where is the protection in that?

“smooth sailing”

Since: Nov 14

Panama City Beach, FL

#19 Jan 11, 2015
the entire system is broken
Adl

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jan 13, 2015
How can a judge put in her orders that a father that sees his kids 4 days a month has the right to claim EIC on tax returns?
Betsy O Tool

Santa Fe, NM

#21 Aug 24, 2015
What about that Judge Ulekai? Pounding meat under his robes when hearing sex cases. Just shameful! Heavens!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
attorney general meets in private with bill cli... 8 hr Bloodonhishands 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Tue Harold P 6,867
bobsie twins (two liars on stage together) Tue Bloodonhishands 1
please come see me Tue Yes Baby 26
las cruces sun news sucks! Mon Stopthepaperfools 2
affrique (May '12) Jun 26 anonymous 243
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Jun 25 Suicidel freak 209

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance