Las Cruces man pleads to manslaughter, nets 18-month sentence (12:5...

A Las Cruces man originally facing a charge of murder has been sentenced on a lesser charge. Full Story
NMSU Student

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jul 2, 2010
R.I.P Noel Brown. We miss you!
WOW

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jul 2, 2010
Oh Susana wrote:
Let me guess. Susana Martinez pleaded another case out.
But of course, the election is right around the corner, you know...anything to make her records look better.

Have I mentioned lately how much time her and her hubby have spent NOT working but still collecting their paychecks? Yep, how do you like them apples?
Thank the DA Office

United States

#6 Jul 2, 2010
Las Cruces is becoming the Plea Bargaining Capitol of the nation!!!

“Krucezoutlaw strikes again”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Jul 2, 2010
Totally outragous!!! 18 months for taking a life!! what a joke!!
anonymous

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Jul 2, 2010
Yeah - my friend Martha Heinsen died from a gunshot wound to the head after her husband Robert Heinsen shot her in 2002. He claimed she shot herself, but somehow the gun mysteriously reloaded it self and jammed...he plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter and received 18 months in jail leaving this mother of four boys with out a mom. Then do to the court misspelling his last name, he is able to pass background checks. Even after several attempts to fix court documents, the courts refused to fix this mistake - claiming I am must be looking to benefit from the change. When all I want is justice for my friend - which you cannot get in the State of New Mexico. Note to world...if you want to get away with murder - come to Las Cruces NM.
gjm

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jul 2, 2010
I guess it is ok in Las Cruces to murder someone as long as you say you are "SORRY"
leonardo

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jul 3, 2010
Las Cruces man pleads to manslaughter, nets 18-month sentence!!!!!!!!!!

WTF 18 months for killing someone ?The penalities imposed on a person convicted for a DUI are more severe that this ,our Justice system is flawed ,the judges are out of control and should be replaced,,
leonardo

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jul 3, 2010
anonymous wrote:
Yeah - my friend Martha Heinsen died from a gunshot wound to the head after her husband Robert Heinsen shot her in 2002. He claimed she shot herself, but somehow the gun mysteriously reloaded it self and jammed...he plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter and received 18 months in jail leaving this mother of four boys with out a mom. Then do to the court misspelling his last name, he is able to pass background checks. Even after several attempts to fix court documents, the courts refused to fix this mistake - claiming I am must be looking to benefit from the change. When all I want is justice for my friend - which you cannot get in the State of New Mexico. Note to world...if you want to get away with murder - come to Las Cruces NM.
No justice in NM !!!! Liberal judges need to be sent packing ,until this happens their will be no justice.........
LuvTheOrgans

Ashland, OH

#13 Jul 3, 2010
What a horribly written story! Ugh!
Random blaim

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Jul 3, 2010
"Liberal judges need to be sent packing..."
"the judges are out of control and should be replaced"
Uhhhhh, the judge had little to nothing to do with this. By statute, involuntary manslaughter is a 4th degree felony and the maximum penalty for a 4th degree felony is 18 months in prison. The judge gave him the maximum prison sentence he could under the law (apparently there were no enhancements).
howdydodee

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Sep 25, 2010
leonardo wrote:
<quoted text>
No justice in NM !!!! Liberal judges need to be sent packing ,until this happens their will be no justice.........
You dont even know the guy so how can you judge him. He is a loving caring person that would give the shirt off of his back
MrsParker

El Paso, TX

#16 Jun 25, 2011
Ummm...this is news to me over inEl Paso...was this Robert Heinsen the Jr? My mom was married to the Sr. in the '90's and I can tell you he's one f'ed up individual. More details, please?
anonymous wrote:
Annoynomous

Phoenix, AZ

#17 May 8, 2014
MrsParker wrote:
Ummm...this is news to me over inEl Paso...was this Robert Heinsen the Jr? My mom was married to the Sr. in the '90's and I can tell you he's one f'ed up individual. More details, please?
<quoted text>
I know both of the robert heinsendavid very well one Sr. Passed away great man did anything for his family always there for me and jr.... He had a rough life and I know it's not my place but if someone could tell me the name his case is under it would lighten up a lot of questions I have... I'm sorry that the court systems are as currupt as they are and it is a total injustices and it's injustice to say this but I love both of them and without bob Heinsen Sr. And Jr. I'd be nothing... he's sorry robert Heinsen jr is sorry... We can't change the past... Sorry for your loss from the bottom of my heart she was a great women and an amazing mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Prestige Development Group 18 hr mmuse 1
Arts Scene Wed Judith Meyer 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Wed END TIMES UPDATE 71,553
Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard (Jun '11) Feb 23 GETTAMEOUTTATHISP... 362
Debate: Marijuana - Las Cruces, NM (Aug '10) Feb 23 kay 187
Do you approve of Stevan Pearce as Representative? (Nov '11) Feb 18 Sue Keller 17
housing Feb 16 sekhet29 1
Las Cruces Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 pm PST

NFL 5:39PM
Peyton Manning, Broncos working on contract
Yahoo! Sports 6:15 PM
AP source: Manning, Broncos talking about reworking contract
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Broncos' Options at DT in 2015
Bleacher Report11:49 AM
Buzz: Manning Expected to Push for Julius' Return
Bleacher Report10:03 PM
Can Osweiler Be the Broncos' Heir to Manning?