Group launches anti-Obama ads

Group launches anti-Obama ads

There are 1478 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jun 24, 2011, titled Group launches anti-Obama ads. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

A Republican-leaning independent fundraising group announced Friday it would launch a $20 million television campaign criticizing President Barack Obama's handling of the economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 74
Next Last
Cartoon

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Jun 25, 2011
I agree with Burton. The Republican party spends all of its efforts in negative campaigning with no real solution to the economic problems. Its a shame that corporate money can be used to fund these negative adds...like they don't lie or distort for special interest. The public is being duped by these adds. If you hear a point enough, you will believe it...the core of advertising. I get enough negative email that I could paper a road to town. Who comes up with this crap?

Judged:

15

11

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 25, 2011
Cartoon wrote:
I agree with Burton. The Republican party spends all of its efforts in negative campaigning with no real solution to the economic problems. Its a shame that corporate money can be used to fund these negative adds...like they don't lie or distort for special interest. The public is being duped by these adds. If you hear a point enough, you will believe it...the core of advertising. I get enough negative email that I could paper a road to town. Who comes up with this crap?
Be fair,both the dems and the repulican party do it.I guess you haven't seem the "throw grandma over the cliff ad",or heard Obama say the the Rayan plan would take medical care away from the elderly and handicapped childrens. Both parties lie like dogs to retain their power.Just saying.
JSwift

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jun 25, 2011
If it wasn't for the Republicans blank check for Bush's stupid wars, and the tax shelters for the oil companies, we wouldn't be in this mess - and now they are going to spend more money to kick us around?

Judged:

17

13

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wolverine

Ypsilanti, MI

#4 Jun 25, 2011
Time hasn't changed.The republicans blame the democratics for their problems that were created during the Bush years.The democrats have tried to improve the economy where as the republicans run out of meetings and consider only spending cuts and will not agree on the revenue side to eliminate the bulk of the national defecit acquired from the Bush era.
No amount of money spent on the ads by republicans will blame President Obama for failure,it's the republicans who have failed to improve our economy.

Judged:

15

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
just me

United States

#5 Jun 25, 2011
it amazes me that the political party always thinks that i can not make my own mind up and must be led to the slaugher by their self importance. i can, in fact, make my own informed results thru my own research. my friends think it is necessary to inform me of their own opinions.. the junk mail thinks to make me theirs, the tv ads think they are going to compel me to think their way.. i let my friends know it is not ok to spew their political opinions to me... i throw away the junk mail, and i fast forward the commericals.. we were raised to know that it is bad manners to talk politics, sex or religion in mixed company. there are soooo many rude, obnoxis people trying to tell me what to think. i wish i could mute them as well. what a waste of money to run these ads. professing "knowledge" to hide hate is as ugly as it gets. no thanks to the ads.

Since: Aug 10

Main Street, USA

#6 Jun 25, 2011
It's the government who has failed to improve our economy. Obama is more like Bush than he is different.
This election is not about Obama vs Bush. The Tea Party has changed the game.
It is about stopping the spending. Stop growing a centralized authoritarian federal government. Stop global governance.
Restore America to American principles. Can you step away from the politics and consider the essential principles?
Wolverine wrote:
Time hasn't changed.The republicans blame the democratics for their problems that were created during the Bush years.The democrats have tried to improve the economy where as the republicans run out of meetings and consider only spending cuts and will not agree on the revenue side to eliminate the bulk of the national defecit acquired from the Bush era.
No amount of money spent on the ads by republicans will blame President Obama for failure,it's the republicans who have failed to improve our economy.

Since: Aug 10

Main Street, USA

#7 Jun 25, 2011
Communication is essential. I'm sure your information does not come from out of thin air. The media vehicle is one of certain inadequacies and if you are stating that you are able to take the presentation of a point and do independent research then your point is well taken.
It sounds more like you are trying to silence viewpoints contrary to your own though.
Negative ads or positive ads are both two edged swords. There is as much risk to one as the other.
I say keep putting it out there and I will engage in discernment and research.
The bad news is in those who swallow the sound bytes without questioning boldly. The good news is freedom of speech.
just me wrote:
it amazes me that the political party always thinks that i can not make my own mind up and must be led to the slaugher by their self importance. i can, in fact, make my own informed results thru my own research. my friends think it is necessary to inform me of their own opinions.. the junk mail thinks to make me theirs, the tv ads think they are going to compel me to think their way.. i let my friends know it is not ok to spew their political opinions to me... i throw away the junk mail, and i fast forward the commericals.. we were raised to know that it is bad manners to talk politics, sex or religion in mixed company. there are soooo many rude, obnoxis people trying to tell me what to think. i wish i could mute them as well. what a waste of money to run these ads. professing "knowledge" to hide hate is as ugly as it gets. no thanks to the ads.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#8 Jun 25, 2011
just me wrote:
it amazes me that the political party always thinks that i can not make my own mind up and must be led to the slaugher by their self importance. i can, in fact, make my own informed results thru my own research. my friends think it is necessary to inform me of their own opinions.. the junk mail thinks to make me theirs, the tv ads think they are going to compel me to think their way.. i let my friends know it is not ok to spew their political opinions to me... i throw away the junk mail, and i fast forward the commericals.. we were raised to know that it is bad manners to talk politics, sex or religion in mixed company. there are soooo many rude, obnoxis people trying to tell me what to think. i wish i could mute them as well. what a waste of money to run these ads. professing "knowledge" to hide hate is as ugly as it gets. no thanks to the ads.
Well, thank goodness there are people who care as much as you to educate themselves, but these ads appeal to people who don't think as independently as you. They are the people to which these ads are meant to appeal.
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#9 Jun 25, 2011
To paraphrase Mr. Burton's comment - the republicant ad should read:

The Party of Effing Hell No walks away from critical economic talks in Congress and are demonstrating an unwavering commitment to stopping any real progress on the economy.

The background music can be some kiddie song about a pouty crying (Boehner) child taking their bat and ball home.

The voters will remember ....

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#10 Jun 25, 2011
The national debt has gone up about 30% under Obama.
Reagan tripled the debt and Bush43 doubled it again.
The Bush tax cuts did NOT pay for themselves or create jobs.

Since: Aug 10

Main Street, USA

#11 Jun 25, 2011
In order to validate your premise one would have to assume that progress in the economy requires government spending. Been there, done that and now nobody can even tell us where that money went except that we know it didn't accomplish anything for Main Street America. Oops on those shovel ready jobs.

You bet we're saying no. Say no to spending. Say no to centralized authoritarian government.

Sometimes saying no is the path to progress. It is in actuality the departure from the status quo that Obama promised but failed to deliver.
Responsibility wrote:
To paraphrase Mr. Burton's comment - the republicant ad should read:
The Party of Effing Hell No walks away from critical economic talks in Congress and are demonstrating an unwavering commitment to stopping any real progress on the economy.
The background music can be some kiddie song about a pouty crying (Boehner) child taking their bat and ball home.
The voters will remember ....

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 25, 2011
WDRussell wrote:
The national debt has gone up about 30% under Obama.
Reagan tripled the debt and Bush43 doubled it again.
The Bush tax cuts did NOT pay for themselves or create jobs.
Neither did the stimulus. What was the Ryan Plan? I've heard of it, but I know next to nothing of its components.

Since: Aug 10

Main Street, USA

#14 Jun 25, 2011
http://www.roadmap.republicans.budget.house.g...
lets moo i gess a wrote:
<quoted text> Neither did the stimulus. What was the Ryan Plan? I've heard of it, but I know next to nothing of its components.
lowglow

Warrensburg, MO

#15 Jun 25, 2011
Sorry, but Obama increased our debt by 200%, not 30%, this is well documented.
When Obama took office we were 4 trillion in debt, today we are passing the 14 trillion mark.

Obama has collectivly spent more money that every US president has combined since the US became an independent nation, and this includes every War we have ever fault.
WDRussell wrote:
The national debt has gone up about 30% under Obama.
Reagan tripled the debt and Bush43 doubled it again.
The Bush tax cuts did NOT pay for themselves or create jobs.
hippychic

Goodland, KS

#16 Jun 25, 2011
The only reason why Obama has spent more money in the history of the Presidency is becauce he's gotta get that shiny new dress for Michelle every 6 months. And we foot the bill.(Enjoy that new dress there Michelle, how does it feel to wear the tax payers money)?

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#17 Jun 25, 2011
lowglow wrote:
Sorry, but Obama increased our debt by 200%, not 30%, this is well documented.
When Obama took office we were 4 trillion in debt, today we are passing the 14 trillion mark.
Obama has collectivly spent more money that every US president has combined since the US became an independent nation, and this includes every War we have ever fault.
<quoted text>
You are absolute proof, that hate radio destroys any braincells you may have had.
It was 4 trillion during Reagans first term and 11 trillion when Obama took office.
I give you the benefit of the doubt for being ignorant instead of just being a republican liar.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18 Jun 25, 2011
The liberals must be worried because this is a independent fund raising group that does not agree witht the democratic party thoughts.
FairFaux

United States

#19 Jun 25, 2011
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
The liberals must be worried because this is a independent fund raising group that does not agree witht the democratic party thoughts.
How independent is a group that the top leaders worked for the Republican National Committee, Republican Senatorial Committe, Republican Congressional Committee, and for George Bush and/or John Kyl? Ref: www.crossroadsgps.org/learn-more

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#20 Jun 25, 2011
taxpayerUSA wrote:
Thank you.
FairFaux

United States

#24 Jun 25, 2011
hippychic wrote:
The only reason why Obama has spent more money in the history of the Presidency is becauce he's gotta get that shiny new dress for Michelle every 6 months. And we foot the bill.(Enjoy that new dress there Michelle, how does it feel to wear the tax payers money)?
I guess GW Bush worked for free and Laura bought all her own clothes. How does it feel to be just plain stupid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 74
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 1 hr justice is just a... 7,123
News Report: ICE arrests five in Albuquerque Mon Johmar 10
Another 1.6 Million dollars down the drain at L... Mon There They Go Again 3
News Las Cruces city council to take up 'border wall'a Mon Bloodonhishands 2
It Is A Mortal Sin To Vote For Hillary she Is P... Mon George 4
News Will OMDP national monument survive the Trump a... Sun Bloodonhishands 1
daso and da office - another $210 k loss (Aug '16) Feb 18 Bloodonhishands 4

Las Cruces Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages