Family seeks answers about who killed son

Full story: Alamogordo Daily News

In the early morning hours of July 5, 2009, the Griego family's world stopped. Maximiliano "Max" Griego III and his friend, Mary Gutierrez, had been killed.
Comments
1 - 20 of 109 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Heinz Hummer

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 18, 2009
DPS cant solve simple theft or vandakism let alone this. Idk why they havent gotten state involved or FBI to look into it.
THorne

Manchester, UK

#2 Oct 18, 2009
Alamogordo DPS, doesn't care about Aaron or Max. They feel like they deserved what happend to them. The Hudson and Griego family need to contact the REAL media and get them involved. Shame alamogordo PD into doing what is right. They can ask the Governer to appoint someone to look at the case. I was under the impression that Daniel McKinley was being investigated, but, it doesn't look like that is happening. My heart bleeds for Aaron's family. She may have made some bad choices, but she was a good person who didn't deserve this. I didn't know Max, so I can't comment on him, but I do know that he didn't deserve this either.
Heinz Hummer

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Oct 18, 2009
dps is corrupt and has serious issues with its staff. lies, drugs, not to mention it hires idiots because no sane intelligent person will work for bs wages doing thst work. so it leaves slots open to the power tripped bi polar non intelligent goof balls
THorne wrote:
Alamogordo DPS, doesn't care about Aaron or Max. They feel like they deserved what happend to them. The Hudson and Griego family need to contact the REAL media and get them involved. Shame alamogordo PD into doing what is right. They can ask the Governer to appoint someone to look at the case. I was under the impression that Daniel McKinley was being investigated, but, it doesn't look like that is happening. My heart bleeds for Aaron's family. She may have made some bad choices, but she was a good person who didn't deserve this. I didn't know Max, so I can't comment on him, but I do know that he didn't deserve this either.
cartoon

Ivins, UT

#4 Oct 18, 2009
THorne wrote:
I know Mary's husband (in prison) was not allowed to attend her funeral...wonder why. Could he be a suspect? After all, Max was the Sancho and I heard rumors that Anthony "Cujo" (hubby) had him offed.
FYI

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Oct 18, 2009
Heinz Hummer wrote:
dps is corrupt and has serious issues with its staff. lies, drugs, not to mention it hires idiots because no sane intelligent person will work for bs wages doing thst work. so it leaves slots open to the power tripped bi polar non intelligent goof balls
<quoted text>
Do you have any proof of APD corruption? I do not know any of the local offices personal, but is do have several friends in the PD. I get tired of people accusing PD of being corrupt and not being able to back it up.
If you have anything take it to proper authorities. If you are afraid of them then take it to the media.
If it your opinion then please state it that way and include why you feel that way. One day it just my be one of these so called corrupt officers that will save your life.
FYI

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Oct 18, 2009
Sorry typo. I meant "I do have several friends"
THorne

Manchester, UK

#7 Oct 18, 2009
cartoon wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Mary's husband (in prison) was not allowed to attend her funeral...wonder why. Could he be a suspect? After all, Max was the Sancho and I heard rumors that Anthony "Cujo" (hubby) had him offed.
Cujo didn't go because someone in the family didn't want him there. I honestly believe that he had something to do with it. Daniel McKinley, is his cousin, and rumor has it that he was involved in the murders.
Ron Jeske

Modesto, CA

#8 Oct 18, 2009
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any proof of APD corruption? I do not know any of the local offices personal, but is do have several friends in the PD. I get tired of people accusing PD of being corrupt and not being able to back it up.
If you have anything take it to proper authorities. If you are afraid of them then take it to the media.
If it your opinion then please state it that way and include why you feel that way. One day it just my be one of these so called corrupt officers that will save your life.
Good points. As you read the Topix commentary, the names may change, but the comments are the same. I sometimes wonder how many signon names one person uses. The story is about two people who were killed, but it evolved as it always does to the idea of someone that the police are corrupt. No proof in any case, just the same allegation.
heart broken

Alamogordo, NM

#9 Oct 18, 2009
I guess this is the only place in America, that dont get thier murder cases solved. In june of 2005, there was another double homicide. No One was ever charged in that case eithier. It was closed and the killers still walk free. What a crying shame.

“Ends never justify means”

Since: Dec 07

Alamogordo

#10 Oct 18, 2009
Police corruption happens in every department in every city. If you do not believe it can or is happening here well, you have your head in one of two places and neither are your shoulders.
losers

United States

#11 Oct 18, 2009
loser meth dealers. mary never stopped dealing after getting busted.

“no image available”

Since: Oct 08

Alamogordo

#12 Oct 18, 2009
Aside from the sadness of this story, the children left without parents, and all of the opinions floating around here, I hope the case is solved. One more thing - notice that the reporting is getting more coherent on this and others? I have.

Again, I am very sorry how this unfolded leaving damage and heartbreak.
FYI

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Oct 18, 2009
Queen of Foo wrote:
Police corruption happens in every department in every city. If you do not believe it can or is happening here well, you have your head in one of two places and neither are your shoulders.
I did not say that there is no corruption. I said that if a person knows about it to report it. If you know something then you need to report it. I have lived here for over ten years. So far I have not had to deal with the local PD much. So I do not know of any corruption. I also do not have any cause to call the local PD incompetent. If you do, please feel free to tell us about it. If you have no facts then I ask that you refrain form making blanket statements.
Would you be very happy if people said things about you with no basis???
THorne

Manchester, UK

#14 Oct 18, 2009
losers wrote:
loser meth dealers. mary never stopped dealing after getting busted.
Aaron tried to get her life together, but everytime she made any sort of progress, her PO knocked her down. THAT IS ALL!!!
Amber

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 Oct 18, 2009
I miss aaron. she was a good person despite what was going on in her life. she was always willing to help me out if i had a problem. god bless her soul and her children.
Sinaloa

El Paso, TX

#16 Oct 18, 2009
God knows who did it!!!!! Try escaping that trial my friend(s)!

“Ends never justify means”

Since: Dec 07

Alamogordo

#17 Oct 18, 2009
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that there is no corruption. I said that if a person knows about it to report it. If you know something then you need to report it. I have lived here for over ten years. So far I have not had to deal with the local PD much. So I do not know of any corruption. I also do not have any cause to call the local PD incompetent. If you do, please feel free to tell us about it. If you have no facts then I ask that you refrain form making blanket statements.
Would you be very happy if people said things about you with no basis???
Who do you report corruption to? Yeah, you are living in another reality. I do have one word for you, Ramsdale. If you don't know that name than you are not paying attention which would explain your confusion.
Jason

Rio Rancho, NM

#18 Oct 18, 2009
Ok, I'll bite. Who is Ramsdale?
cartoon

Ivins, UT

#19 Oct 18, 2009
THorne wrote:
<quoted text>
Cujo didn't go because someone in the family didn't want him there. I honestly believe that he had something to do with it. Daniel McKinley, is his cousin, and rumor has it that he was involved in the murders.
I figured that might be the case. She married into pure garbage and I expect her family wished better for her from the beginning. The city would be better off without that whole Gutierrez clan, from the dope dealing momma on down.
those that know

El Paso, TX

#20 Oct 18, 2009
Queen of Foo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you report corruption to? Yeah, you are living in another reality. I do have one word for you, Ramsdale. If you don't know that name than you are not paying attention which would explain your confusion.
Are you kidding queen, you want to use that as an example as "who do you report corruption to?" If you know anything at all about that case you would know that between DPS / S.O./ and State Police immediate action, including the arrest of their own was taken. They caught the crime and took legal action. No one can control what a judge would do, but for those agencies that had to arrest their own in the face of public critisim I applaud them. There is nothing covered up, I think your name should be changed to DRAMA CREATER QUEEN --- POOR EXAMPLE OF "WHO DO YOU REPORT IT TO"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 68,940
El Paso border advocate arrested at Rep. Steve ... Wed George 73
las cruces sun news - going out of business Tue Brian 11
Officials offer no details of Las Cruces myster... Tue Knight1 1
Interstate 10 overpass project at Mesquite exit... Aug 22 MrBuster 4
single women in cruces Aug 22 Anonymous 1
Review: Action Towing & Rescue Aug 21 Drunken Davin 2
•••
•••
Las Cruces Dating