Mesilla Valley temperatures on the rise, NMSU data shows

Suzi Stoltzfus, New Mexico State University weather observer and record keeper, whirls a sling psychrometer to determine the percentage of relative humidity in the air. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Master Debater

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jan 23, 2011
It's all part of a vast left-wing conspiracy!
God and Sarah

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jan 23, 2011
But God told Sarah Palin that this is all a bunch of socialist lies by which environmentalist hope to rip off the "poor" oil companies.
predictor

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2011
It has also been very cold and hotter here over the millions of years of this planets existence. Darn these silly earth weather cycles, they get us every time.
cheese

Gallup, NM

#4 Jan 23, 2011
Oh where is the Sun-News and liberal wackos champion Al Gore at? What clown Al is...now wait Rich Clown on account of all these dummies that believed this bologna.
wassup

Silver City, NM

#5 Jan 23, 2011
Must be George Bush's fault!
Valley Native

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jan 23, 2011
Good article with some factual information for a change. I would question the development impact on the weather station. Lots of motel room heat pumps working overtime in that area.

Also, some factual comments for a change regarding snowfall and runoff. For years the global worming crowd has been...oh~ never mind...its all poppycock.
Read On

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jan 23, 2011
God and Sarah wrote:
But God told Sarah Palin that this is all a bunch of socialist lies by which environmentalist hope to rip off the "poor" oil companies.
because later in the article, it was mentioned that the additional blacktop, buildings, etc in the vicinity of the weather station MIGHT have been a factor in the observed temperature patterns. Drive into Las Cruces and watch the temperature go up 2-4 degrees on your vehicle thermometer.

Or, if you prefer, continue with your obsession with Palin.
elsie

Farmington, NM

#8 Jan 23, 2011
predictor wrote:
It has also been very cold and hotter here over the millions of years of this planets existence. Darn these silly earth weather cycles, they get us every time.
Yeah, the 29 gigatons of CO2 we pump into the atmosphere each year has no effect, its all nature!
Think about it

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 23, 2011
It's weather.

What would be scary is if it had not warmed. The warming we have seen, eliminated the ice flows on the Delaware River that are depicted in the famous painting of Washington crossing the Delaware.

We are less than 2* warmer than the Little Ice Age, that ended approx 1850.

If given a choice, I pick warming, the Little Ice Age was just too cold.
Think about it

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jan 23, 2011
elsie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the 29 gigatons of CO2 we pump into the atmosphere each year has no effect, its all nature!
Correct!
elsie

Farmington, NM

#11 Jan 23, 2011
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!
Its not weather, its climate. I have learned there is no arguing with someone who has made up his mind.
I Sea

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jan 23, 2011
elsie wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not weather, its climate. I have learned there is no arguing with someone who has made up his mind.
So quit arguing with yourself.
Think about it

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jan 23, 2011
elsie wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not weather, its climate. I have learned there is no arguing with someone who has made up his mind.
You are right about that. Unless of course you could provide some scientific information as to the ability of man's CO2 emissions to change the climate. If you could do that, then the debate would be over. But you can't, no one has produced any science that says man's CO2 emissions can change the climate.
Well I Guess

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Jan 23, 2011
"Perhaps even a bigger concern than the effect on local growing conditions is changing climate a few hundred miles to the north. The snow that falls each winter in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico melts into the Rio Grande each spring, eventually feeding Elephant Butte Lake and Caballo Reservoir. From there, it both supplies Do-a Ana County and El Paso irrigators..."

Well, I guess it might be prudent to disallow any more irrigation wells and cap some of the present ones which are overburdening the aquifer. It's not rocket science, if one pumps out his/her aquarium and tries to fill it during the pumping process with drips from the faucet, it will go dry.
Anonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jan 23, 2011
Hey, I'm gonna believe the oil company lawyer-"scientists" and Rush and Sean, who have secretly been studying climatology, and fundementalist preachers who are "interpreting the signs" and consulting the prophets. The bonafide climatologists don't have a clue and they are all paid off. Don't for a moment believe scientific data! Sound off knows best!
Think about it

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jan 23, 2011
We are entering into a climate phase that has in the past produced less precipitation and cooler temperatures for our area.
Think about it

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jan 23, 2011
wellduh2010 wrote:
Hey, I'm gonna believe the oil company lawyer-"scientists" and Rush and Sean, who have secretly been studying climatology, and fundementalist preachers who are "interpreting the signs" and consulting the prophets. The bonafide climatologists don't have a clue and they are all paid off. Don't for a moment believe scientific data! Sound off knows best!
What you believe is not important, it's what you know that counts.

“I'm fading away to black...”

Since: Nov 10

peace is only in the mind

#18 Jan 23, 2011
Oh goody!! I can start my pot crop earlier this season. Hooo HOOOOOOOOOOoooooo..........
Anonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Jan 23, 2011
Think about it wrote:
We are entering into a climate phase that has in the past produced less precipitation and cooler temperatures for our area.
What taro leaves and mediums did you consult for this revelation? Was it swami Rush? Could you produce the scientific evidence for this "cooling" which flies in the face of all evidence?
The Gnome

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jan 23, 2011
Great-Scott wrote:
Oh goody!! I can start my pot crop earlier this season. Hooo HOOOOOOOOOOoooooo..........
Count me in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Las Cruces detective sentenced for raping te... 38 min APD1 2
Prep Football: Dawgs' encouraging start in Frid... 6 hr Centennial1 1
Prep Football: Mayfield looks sharp in quarterf... 6 hr TROJAN1 1
Las Cruces City Attorney is Dangerous needs to ... 6 hr DAOFFICE1 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr JOEL 70,577
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Thu justice is just a... 6,150
LCPD detective charged with sexually assaulting... (Sep '13) Nov 20 tnks2you 7
Las Cruces Dating
Find my Match

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Las Cruces News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Las Cruces

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:35 pm PST

ESPN 1:35PM
Fitzgerald game-time decision for Cardinals
NBC Sports 3:26 PM
Bobby Wagner set to return for Seahawks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:05 PM
Will Larry Fitzgerald be ready to go in Week 12?
NBC Sports10:16 AM
DeMarcus Ware added to injury report, listed as probable
NBC Sports12:47 PM
Eric Decker admits it's tough to see Emmanuel Sanders's success