Texting and driving is 2MTH

Texting and driving is 2MTH

There are 12 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Feb 8, 2013, titled Texting and driving is 2MTH. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

So the New Mexico Legislature's Senate Judiciary Committee doesn't see a need to ban people from texting while driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

justStop

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Feb 10, 2013
What is the big deal? Someone dies from a gun shot, ban guns. Someone does from texting and driving, ban texting. Someone does from drinking and driving, ban alcohol. Someone dies from singing and driving, ban singing.

The reality is, these types of deaths controls overpopulation. If you are religious, GOD has a purpose. If you don't, Murphy's law. This has been happening since the beginning of time, people die, we move on.
Now

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Feb 10, 2013
we have heard the voice of both extremist sides. Anyone from the well balanced middle?
Alamo Mommy

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Feb 11, 2013
This is a good article. Texting while driving should be illegal. Who knows this might save an innocent life one day. Lord knows we have two families destroyed over recent evnts in our community. One will definitely do jail time and the other will never be able to enjoy his family. So sad..

“Law Doggy”

Since: Sep 11

Robbins, TN

#4 Feb 11, 2013
Alamo Mommy wrote:
This is a good article. Texting while driving should be illegal. Who knows this might save an innocent life one day. Lord knows we have two families destroyed over recent evnts in our community. One will definitely do jail time and the other will never be able to enjoy his family. So sad..
I just recently moved here from TN, and I agree with you. In many states, it is illegal. I agree that it's sad.
Elsie YesSir

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Texting while driving is no worse than driving while terriby drunk, so . . .
Elsie YesSir

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Now wrote:
we have heard the voice of both extremist sides. Anyone from the well balanced middle?
Is there even such a thing as a "well balanced middle" on this issue. I cannot possibly imagine such.
Still Dancin

Alamogordo, NM

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Here's what I know. You text and kill a loved one of mine, you are mine.
TDK

Alamogordo, NM

#8 Feb 15, 2013
Texting can be lethal.
Tick Toc

Arlington, TX

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Elsie YesSir wrote:
Texting while driving is no worse than driving while terriby drunk, so ...
Really? Don't drink and drive!!! That's just really stupid! If you need two hands to operate a vehicle, why is one of them texting? Both of them are a distraction.
EASY

Alamogordo, NM

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Tick Toc wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Don't drink and drive!!! That's just really stupid! If you need two hands to operate a vehicle, why is one of them texting? Both of them are a distraction.
Both are easy to do if you pay attention and know how to do them..
Gee

Alamogordo, NM

#11 Feb 16, 2013
EASY wrote:
<quoted text>Both are easy to do if you pay attention and know how to do them..
You must be that mental midget that is always swerving in front of me.
No swerve

Alamogordo, NM

#12 Feb 16, 2013
Gee wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be that mental midget that is always swerving in front of me.
Not me. I have been drinking and driving for decades and have pretty much perfected it. I don't text much because that is more dangerous..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 51 min Harold P 6,867
bobsie twins (two liars on stage together) 13 hr Bloodonhishands 1
please come see me 19 hr Yes Baby 26
las cruces sun news sucks! 23 hr Stopthepaperfools 2
affrique (May '12) Jun 26 anonymous 243
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Jun 25 Suicidel freak 209
In pain Jun 24 Robcar 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Las Cruces Mortgages