2nd N.M. county issuing same-sex marriage licenses

There are 1 comment on the USA Today story from Aug 23, 2013, titled 2nd N.M. county issuing same-sex marriage licenses. In it, USA Today reports that:

New Mexico's third-largest county has begun issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, the second county in the state to begin doing so this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

coyote

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Aug 23, 2013
I don't personally care if gay people get married, but it does bring up a couple of issues:

1. We owe the Mormons an apology for telling them a marriage can't include more than one woman.

2. Many of the tax advantages of marriage were designed to the Ozzie and Harriet one earner couple with kids. Since that is ceasing to be the dominant household type, they need to be rethought. Why should the tax code treat two gay people living together in marriage any differently than if they were roommates? And why differently than the large and growing segment of adults in one person households?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 13 hr Sylvia 6,372
Debate: Marijuana - Las Cruces, NM (Aug '10) May 1 Beth Blevins rela... 195
ISIS Camp a Few Miles from Texas, Mexican Autho... Apr 29 EatPrayDie 3
News Sen. Mary Kay Papen: No legal barrier to making... Apr 28 sheryl 2
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Apr 27 eastside 193
Lost Chihuahua/terrier "Darlin' (neighbors) Apr 27 yankeedudell 2
News Public Payrolls 2015: Sheriff's department says... Apr 26 Bloodonhishands 1
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]